IGNORED

Cotts

BRISTOL86

Just now, RobintheRed Red said:

as you just stated sold kodja money for bolasie ayling cunningham all cotts players so we actually didnt spend nowhere near what we sold but brought in all young average players

Ayling left last summer, the Bolasie sell on clause was also last summer and Cunningham near as all confirmed on twitter that he left for next to nothing if not a free transfer as well.

Just now, Emperor Palpatine said:

Plus Cunningham was signed by Del boy not Cotterill

I thought it was referring to money coming in Bolasie having been here a long time before Cotts as well. Point was there was practically no money that came in that summer.

22 minutes ago, RobintheRed Red said:

yes but look where those players that he was chasing ended up an how their valuation has escalated cotts was trying to move too quick for lansdown an frightened him to death with the transfer fees involved 

Frightened SL so much that we put bids in and had them accepted? 

1 hour ago, Emperor Palpatine said:

There's that phrase again.... infinitely superior.

But here's some links to counteract your statement

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11706/9945257/crystal-palace-accept-6m-bristol-city-bid-for-dwight-gayle

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/33974678

So Gray is £9M and Gayle would have totalled upto £8M which by my calculations is 17M plus Maguire around £3M... so thats actually £20M.

More funds? I think not

Any idea why none of them signed?

3 hours ago, CodeRed said:

Cotts did ok at Burnley. 13th in his first season, kept them competitive with a very small squad and budget despite losing 3 top strikers (Robbie Blake, Akinbiyi, and Andy Gray). When he left 3 years later he was the longest serving championship manager.

Hardly out of his depth..............or had you never heard of him before he joined City?

Too true code red gave me some of the best moments an memories of watching city in fifty odd years i dont know about egos but memories that will live forever just glad we had chance to applaud him against brum

41 minutes ago, hodge said:

I thought it was referring to money coming in Bolasie having been here a long time before Cotts as well. Point was there was practically no money that came in that summer.

That was partly because of the thread bare squad we joined the championship with. The bolasie deal aside, we could afford to make our money by selling players because we had replacements.

Cotterill didnt replace the players that left properly let alone getting enough in to bolster the squad.

Too many short term solutions suggested he wasn't going to sustain us at the next level.

I think he still has something to offer a club at our level as a manager, but I'm surprised he's turned down the opportunity to get back into the game straight away following their end to the season... unless he's had a word from a chairman somewhere already

There's that phrase again.... infinitely superior.

But here's some links to counteract your statement

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11706/9945257/crystal-palace-accept-6m-bristol-city-bid-for-dwight-gayle

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/33974678

So Gray is £9M and Gayle would have totalled upto £8M which by my calculations is 17M plus Maguire around £3M... so thats actually £20M.

More funds? I think not

As I said, not getting into this again but for the record, panic bids who don't come off (you actually have to buy/loan a player for them to improve your team) after a summer of boardroom failings & missing out on actual realistic targets isn't the most watertight response I've ever heard.

Funnily enough, neither LJ nor SC left their targets until August. But one of them had an infinitely superior support network to get them done. Say what you like about MA and he is a slimy bastard, he gets stuff done. The other had Keith Dawe. Go figure.

7 minutes ago, Selred said:

The biggest issue with Cotts for me was stubbornness.

Stubbornness to keep the same formation week in week out. 

Stubbornness to not put any kids on the bench and rather have an empty seat.

Yep, and stubbornness for not being a backside licking yes man.

54 minutes ago, RobintheRed Red said:

yes fair comment but he was at the ground for talks cotts thought he had him till someone changed the terms an conditions

He would still have chosen Burnley in the circumstances, as would any sensible player.

He opted for Burnley because he had a better chance of playing PL football.

So too did Kermagont, who had even had a photo taken with the shirt before a quick jaunt down the M4.

Wouldve been a good buy, but no one got their arses in gear until the last moment and it gave Reading the opportunity to strike.

17 minutes ago, Robin1988 said:

So too did Kermagont, who had even had a photo taken with the shirt before a quick jaunt down the M4.

Wouldve been a good buy, but no one got their arses in gear until the last moment and it gave Reading the opportunity to strike.

Kermogant deal just ran out of time. All agreed and he wanted to come, but paperwork wasn't far enough down the line in time. 

2 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Kermogant deal just ran out of time. All agreed and he wanted to come, but paperwork wasn't far enough down the line in time. 

It was easily doable, he was still there in office hours. And my dad's bigger than your dad while we're on the subject of ITKs.

Archived