IGNORED

Cotts

BRISTOL86

7 hours ago, Touch_my_butter said:

Indeed: Gray, Kermogant, and Gayle could all be playing in the Prem next season (even Macguire might get a transfer after his performance with Hull this season).

The players backed the right horses.

Shows we were on the money talent wise , a positive for me .

29 minutes ago, Emperor Palpatine said:

Well not really, if we had no realistic chance of landing these type of players at that point in time. 

we've got more chance of landing those types now then we did 3 years ago imo, perceptions of city in the footballing world are starting to change,

51 minutes ago, Emperor Palpatine said:

Well not really, if we had no realistic chance of landing these type of players at that point in time. 

Wording it differently, the club identified talent, whether we signed them or not it is promising that they weren't targeting players of the quality of Nicky Hunt or Stern John for example .

35 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

we've got more chance of landing those types now then we did 3 years ago imo, perceptions of city in the footballing world are starting to change,

Well that remains to be seen, if we can now progress then yes. Be a bit difficult if we are treading water on a constant basis.. whether it's under LJ, his successor and so on. We are still a Championship/L1 yoyo club.

Trying to acquire targets well beyond our range last season after just getting promoted was unnecessary even if it does show ambition of the club. Need to get a proper foothold in this league first

50 minutes ago, Emperor Palpatine said:

Well that remains to be seen, if we can now progress then yes. Be a bit difficult if we are treading water on a constant basis.. whether it's under LJ, his successor and so on. We are still a Championship/L1 yoyo club.

Trying to acquire targets well beyond our range last season after just getting promoted was unnecessary even if it does show ambition of the club. Need to get a proper foothold in this league first

Chelsea letting us have Tammy is prove that it's changing, we wouldn't of been trusted with him 3 years ago, The way he developed here with our coaching will turn a few other clubs heads, say what you want about Johnson as a head coach/manager but there is no denying the fact that he's good at improving young players, 

We may well get the patrick bamfords of this world off the back of that,

5 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Chelsea letting us have Tammy is prove that it's changing, we wouldn't of been trusted with him 3 years ago, The way he developed here with our coaching will turn a few other clubs heads, say what you want about Johnson as a head coach/manager but there is no denying the fact that he's good at improving young players, 

We may well get the patrick bamfords of this world off the back of that,

I just hope Tammy doesn't turn into another Bamford

2 hours ago, Emperor Palpatine said:

We did match his wages and then some... he's already said this in an interview that we offered more but he chose Burnley. 

He probably wouldn't live in Burnley itself anyway

Exactly, always amuses me that some people believe footballers live in the city or town for which they play. 

11 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Digressing slightly but still related.. it seems that a quiet trip to vegas was attended almost exclusively by the core of the promotion squad. Seems that squad really did have a genuine bond.

Cunningham is there and even Simon Cox !

IMG_9787.PNG

What a team the vintage of 14/15 were. Something just clicked, as early as the pre-season camp abroad.  In hindsight they were always going to do well. It's what gives me hope of hanging onto Flint.  They love it here and I would argue that those such as Ayling who left only did so due to the way their relationship with management went.

17 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

It would be a step down for Cotts to take on an assistant manager role, why do you think it's egotistical of him to want to take a manager's position instead?

Because he thinks he should manage a Championship club or a top League One club when in reality I doubt he will have many offers.

I think it would have been a good gig for him and Harry at Brum. 

Not good enough to be a Championship manager but easily good enough to be an assistant. 

Just now, Up The City! said:

Because he thinks he should manage a Championship club or a top League One club when in reality I doubt he will have many offers.

Not good enough to be a Championship manager but easily good enough to be an assistant. 

he is good enough his record proves it, what stops him getting a job is the fact he wants complete control, it's rare to get that in the modern game these days

• Admin
On 16/05/2017 at 18:00, 42nite said:

Well, I've got Led Zeppelin 2 on vinyl,  so I guess the job's mine!

And I am at present coaching the 5-7 year olds at the local school.

So plenty of experience as well.

I'll raise you, every Zeppelin album on vinyl, as well as a decent pressing of the bootleg 'Live on Blueberry Hill' and a BBC library pressing of a BBC session they did.

4 hours ago, Up The City! said:

Yes but I think he will be successful again in league one.....he's definitely good enough to manage a leading league one club so fair play to him for turning down an assistant role...

34 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

I'll raise you, every Zeppelin album on vinyl, as well as a decent pressing of the bootleg 'Live on Blueberry Hill' and a BBC library pressing of a BBC session they did.

............When can you start?  :thumbsup:

• Admin
1 minute ago, 42nite said:

............When can you start?  :thumbsup:

I can be down the gate in 20 minutes.....

Does having seen them twice also get me a bonus?

Anyway, back on topic, I guess Cotts has got something in the pipeline, or just doesn't need the money!

6 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

I can be down the gate in 20 minutes.....

Does having seen them twice also get me a bonus?

Anyway, back on topic, I guess Cotts has got something in the pipeline, or just doesn't need the money!

I only saw them once, at Pilton.

Archived