IGNORED

Which one player would be the biggest loss to City ?

Major Isewater

1 hour ago, Robin Goch said:

It'd have to be Magners for me. His technical ability as a CB is absolutely stand out and has plenty of years ahead of him. As much as I hate to think of Flint leaving, I do feel that finally we have capable future replacements in Magners & Moore.

Magners would be the one I would be most disappointed to lose (Tammy aside as he isn't coming back). Still can't work out why he was left out entirely for so long and why.

Just now, robin_unreliant said:

Magners would be the one I would be most disappointed to lose (Tammy aside as he isn't coming back). Still can't work out why he was left out entirely for so long and why.

All I can think of really is the 'winning formula' of Wright and Flint being found. Magners for me is the most exciting defensive player we've had for a long time. Calm and composed on the ball, fairly pacey, not afraid to stick a foot in and has cracking technical ability. Not to forget his free kick taking too.

If I had to be really harsh (and nitpick) I would say his main weakness is his strength but that can be worked on. That's more than likely the reason Wright overtook him in the team sheet towards the end of the season. 

I hope we see much more of him next year because he is definitely going to go on and do bigger and better things than us one day. He's one for us to appreciate whilst he's here much like Tammy.

26 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Surprised by all the Marlon Pack shouts

I'm not.

Pack does the same job that Skuse did. A defensive midfielder who breaks up opposition attacks and protects the back four.

A unglamorous role that goes largely unnoticed by so many fans - the sams fans that didn't rate Skuse either ...:facepalm:

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

I'm not.

Pack does the same job that Skuse did. A defensive midfielder who breaks up opposition attacks and protects the back four.

A unglamorous role that goes largely unnoticed by so many fans - the sams fans that didn't rate Skuse either ...:facepalm:

I don't usually agree with you (I especially dislike your 'face palms') but I have to say I agree that Cole Skuse was an effective player with us, his contribution was valuable but seemingly unnoticed by a sizeable section of our support.

I once said on here he was the Phil Neville of the championship - versatile, willing, unsung but important. And that view didn't go down too well!

Marlon Pack showed this season that he is a solid second tier midfielder, I wouldn't want him to leave...

27 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I don't usually agree with you (I especially dislike your 'face palms') but I have to say I agree that Cole Skuse was an effective player with us, his contribution was valuable but seemingly unnoticed by a sizeable section of our support.

I once said on here he was the Phil Neville of the championship - versatile, willing, unsung but important. And that view didn't go down too well!

Marlon Pack showed this season that he is a solid second tier midfielder, I wouldn't want him to leave...

The face palm usually represents disappointment on my part..............:facepalm:

i completely agree with your post tho.......:clap:

Definitely an interesting question. Flint has definitely been one of our best players since March, and scored some vital goals for us (Barnsley and Wigan winners come to mind). But, as I'm glad some people have recognised, there is a definite correlation between Pack starting in midfield and our improved form. He helps the defence out massively, in my opinion.

When we lose the ball, he is there to help out the back 4 and make sure they aren't as exposed as they have been at certain points this season. He is happy to do the unnoticed jobs in midfield both with and without the ball. Look at the impact someone like Busquets has on Barcelona (Not that I'm comparing the players or clubs :P), I think Pack's impact on our midfield is comparable. He is also composed on the ball, I'd guess he has the best ball retention stats of all our midfielders.

So yeah, I'm going for Pack. Flint is great but personally I think Magnusson and Wright would be a fine Championship-standard defensive partnership.

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

I'm not.

Skuse was streets ahead of Pack.

Just now, RedDave said:

Skuse was streets ahead of Pack.

God it's scary.

Pack does all the things Skuse did.

Defensively on a par yes. Going forward and vision?

No way would we swap Skuse  for Pack .

And you would?

As much as I loved his time down the gate if were going forward Pack is the better player.

Just now, stephenkibby. said:

God it's scary.

And you would?

As much as I loved his time down the gate if were going forward Pack is the better player.

Well said mate. Couldn't agree more.

Think Pack was a very important part of our revival.

I'd really like to see us find someone to really compliment him in there so we don't always play with a defensive / holding two.  Hegeler liked to venture f/w from RCB in his first two games.  If he could get up to speed for a CM role, he could be a huge asset.

10 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

God it's scary.

And you would?

Pack does all the things Skuse did, slightly worse.

30 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

God it's scary.

And you would?

Thankfully Red Dave isn't on the scouting books at City....

Abraham aside, I actually think we're much more of a unit than we have for recent years. Flint or Smith are the two obvious ones but there isn't actually anyone in the side I think is irreplaceable. That's probably both a good thing and a bad thing, mind. It isn't what I mean at all but you could  easily read that as me saying that we have no outstanding players...

That said, I do think we have three or four players now who have the potential to develop into becoming outstanding players. Whether they do or not remains to be seen...

1 hour ago, LondonBristolian said:

Abraham aside, I actually think we're much more of a unit than we have for recent years. Flint or Smith are the two obvious ones but there isn't actually anyone in the side I think is irreplaceable. That's probably both a good thing and a bad thing, mind.

It isn't what I mean at all but you could  easily read that as me saying that we have no outstanding players...

That said, I do think we have three or four players now who have the potential to develop into becoming outstanding players. Whether they do or not remains to be seen...

Sums it up for me quite well LB 

Were almost a t a point where we are at a T junction with the potential to slip in either direction , dependent on signings this summer and whether and how quickly those with potential defelop

out of interest - who are you're three or four

Have tbh - of the first team squad I'd say JB and COD have the potential to significantly kick on , I'm being brutal but in terms of really kicking on I'm struggling after that (Not saying we don't have some 'decent' players - was looking for those with the ability to significantly improve)

Archived