IGNORED

Living in a different world or mind the gap

Major Isewater

2 minutes ago, archie andrews said:

nicky maynard :laugh:

No way will he go to Rovers. His kid doesn't need a Bristolian accent remember? Lolz

Read the article... all could be signed on a free. Thought Wally had big bucks? 6th richest club in the UK blah blah blah...

25 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

No way will he go to Rovers. His kid doesn't need a Bristolian accent remember? Lolz

Read the article... all could be signed on a free. Thought Wally had big bucks? 6th richest club in the UK blah blah blah...

Well, Dopey put paid to that the other day. Saw a quote on twitter 'we'll sit down next week and go thru budgets. I'm not expecting a top 6 budget, it would be nice to be top 10' or words to that affect

So, the 6th richest club in the UK don't even have a top 6 budget for Div 3. Mind you, they are up against some massive clubs down there. Walsall, Shrewsbury, Southend and the like

******* tinpot

1 minute ago, Woodsy said:

So, the 6th richest club in the UK don't even have a top 6 budget for Div 3. Mind you, they are up against some massive clubs down there. Walsall, Shrewsbury, Southend and the like

******* tinpot

:rofl2br:

They really don't help themselves, do they?

'Officially' wrong on all three of these claims...

IMG_3867.JPG

5 minutes ago, Chris_Brown said:

And if you think some of the names on that list are far fetched... Look at some of the names mentioned in a survey of who their fans would like to sign...

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/good-bad-ugly-players-you-60306

I see what you mean; "While another City front man has caught the attention of some Gasheads, with Chelsea loan star Tammy Abraham being named by a significant number of fans surveyed. And finally, a creditable mention to the two people who both picked out Lionel Messi as the player they would like Rovers to sign this summer".

2 minutes ago, 22A said:

I see what you mean; "While another City front man has caught the attention of some Gasheads, with Chelsea loan star Tammy Abraham being named by a significant number of fans surveyed. And finally, a creditable mention to the two people who both picked out Lionel Messi as the player they would like Rovers to sign this summer".

Well we all know Ian Holloway's got Neymar's number...

Perhaps he can pass on a message...

52 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

:rofl2br:

They really don't help themselves, do they?

'Officially' wrong on all three of these claims...

IMG_3867.JPG

They really are special, aren't they?
I called out one of the Blue Few on twitter when he mentioned City only being 35 years old....35 and they've been completely ******* irrelevant for 17 of them. That's got to hurt

It's brill being in a two club City....couldn't imagine it without the "annoying nephew" (yes, that mob) to tease and pick fun at....I'll never forget the clown and his comments on their forum when we signed Tammy on loan - it was something along the lines of: "Why has that guy from Chelsea chosen them over us? There is absolutely no reason for that decision, they ain't bigger than us, we are richer than them...I can't believe it." etc etc etc....

That to me summed up their delusions of grandeur perfectly.

Mind you when we were below them in the 80s (div 4 vs div 3) I was still convinced we were bigger than them and regularly used adolescent arguments to state my case! Even having a ranty letter published in the Evening Post (as it was called then) because their chairman called them "Bristol's leading club...." - I merely stated that if they hadn't given away over 2,000 free tickets to one of their home games then their div 3 crowd would have been smaller than our previous div 4 home game...etc etc etc! Oh the joys of youthful determination!

And it happens everywhere - on one of my many trips to see the mighty Partick Thistle I was having a cup of tea with their manager at the time (the irrepressible Dick Campbell!) and he said the biggest problem he had was that Thistle fans genuinely believe they are the 3rd biggest club in Scotland.....I'd say 2nd now!

So, every fan thinks their club is bigger than they actually are, but in a two club City, it's just funnier!

3 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Don't Peg

Ever since watching that video whenever his name is mentioned , all I can hear for ages , in my head is 'Neyyyyyymarrrrr'

:laughcont::laughcont:

Me too... I watch it at least once a week and happily admit to it.

Pathetic maybe but it cracks me up every time. 

1 minute ago, Septic Peg said:

Me too... I watch it at least once a week and happily admit to it.

Pathetic maybe but it cracks me up every time. 

I cant believe he stayed on the phone getting more and more wound up and to then ring and leave a message like that :blink:

:laughcont:

Ohhhh welll - time for a listen again :D

39 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I cant believe he stayed on the phone getting more and more wound up and to then ring and leave a message like that :blink:

True colours revealed!

6 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Mind you when we were below them in the 80s (div 4 vs div 3) I was still convinced we were bigger than them and regularly used adolescent arguments to state my case! Even having a ranty letter published in the Evening Post (as it was called then) because their chairman called them "Bristol's leading club...." - I merely stated that if they hadn't given away over 2,000 free tickets to one of their home games then their div 3 crowd would have been smaller than our previous div 4 home game...etc etc etc!

1983-84 season (the Division 4 promotion season); over 10,000 turned up one October night when York visited, to see Ritchie score the only goal and put City top of division four. City's average gate that season was to be 6,000, whilst York the eventual Champions made do with 4,000. An off pitch row erupted when City's adverts proclaimed them to be Bristol's top club. The directors at Eastville pointed out Rovers were in a higher division. The riposte from Ashton Gate was that the word was club not team!

Just now, 22A said:

1983-84 season (the Division 4 promotion season); over 10,000 turned up one October night when York visited, to see Ritchie score the only goal and put City top of division four. City's average gate that season was to be 6,000, whilst York the eventual Champions made do with 4,000. An off pitch row erupted when City's adverts proclaimed them to be Bristol's top club. The directors at Eastville pointed out Rovers were in a higher division. The riposte from Ashton Gate was that the word was club not team!

Paul Stevens scored the winner I think? Great night! Nearly 11k under the lights!

7 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

It's brill being in a two club City....couldn't imagine it without the "annoying nephew" (yes, that mob) to tease and pick fun at....I'll never forget the clown and his comments on their forum when we signed Tammy on loan - it was something along the lines of: "Why has that guy from Chelsea chosen them over us? There is absolutely no reason for that decision, they ain't bigger than us, we are richer than them...I can't believe it." etc etc etc....

That to me summed up their delusions of grandeur perfectly.

Mind you when we were below them in the 80s (div 4 vs div 3) I was still convinced we were bigger than them and regularly used adolescent arguments to state my case! Even having a ranty letter published in the Evening Post (as it was called then) because their chairman called them "Bristol's leading club...." - I merely stated that if they hadn't given away over 2,000 free tickets to one of their home games then their div 3 crowd would have been smaller than our previous div 4 home game...etc etc etc! Oh the joys of youthful determination!

And it happens everywhere - on one of my many trips to see the mighty Partick Thistle I was having a cup of tea with their manager at the time (the irrepressible Dick Campbell!) and he said the biggest problem he had was that Thistle fans genuinely believe they are the 3rd biggest club in Scotland.....I'd say 2nd now!

So, every fan thinks their club is bigger than they actually are, but in a two club City, it's just funnier!

A nickname of @Rudolf Huckers?

8 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I don't know where I've been but haven't seen that before.  That was brilliant.  Was it you, Superbob?

I'm surprised Hollowhead didn't play along and have a bit of a laugh with it, he likes to see himself as a joker an I have seen him have a laugh with City fans. "What a pr!ck" - that was just damn right rude!  

He's not done himself any favours there.

13 minutes ago, WTFiGO!?! said:

I don't know where I've been but haven't seen that before.  That was brilliant.  Was it you, Superbob?

I'm surprised Hollowhead didn't play along and have a bit of a laugh with it, he likes to see himself as a joker an I have seen him have a laugh with City fans. "What a pr!ck" - that was just damn right rude!  

Blimey... that's been doing the rounds for years. Surprised you haven't seen it before. It normally gets rolled out when ever Ian is mentioned so perhaps because he hasn't been on our radar in a while (until he was re-appointed at QPR), that's why.

Good ain't it? Not sure on who actually made it but if they are on here, I salute you... :worship2:

2 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

"Neymar, ooh I'm Neymar…" 

Why don't we sing that at him down the Gate? Or do we, and I didn't realise…? I hadn't heard that recording before

Apparently he did when he was in the dugout in the Lansdown... got loads of "Neymar" shouts in strong Brizzle accents!

10 hours ago, WTFiGO!?! said:

No - Not guilty WTFIGO !!!

Caller is a lot younger than me 

I hadn't heard it till somebody posted it on here this season and couldn't believe what I heard tbh

I don't think the lad(s) that did it thought the call would last either ! Sounds as if they were as bemused as anybody !!

11 hours ago, WTFiGO!?! said:

Without a camera stuck in his face he drops the act and turns back into the bitter Banjo Island sag that he is.

He only just managed to hold it together in the Press Conference after the QPR match and even then he had to have a little swipe at the fact the Atyeo wasn't replaced in the redevelopment.

The Atyeo Stand would be the pride of the Mem if they had anything like it. It's got a proper roof for a start.

Bloke's a grade A tool.

Archived