IGNORED

The Chinese take over Reading official

Major Isewater

Yet another nail in the coffin of English football.

To be fair the New owners have probably been long time supporters of Reading and have always harboured The dream to one day give something back to the  Welsh people  .

The coach had better beware if he demands a number nine and a number two as he'll get sweet and sour prawns and fried rice .

7 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

To be fair the New owners have probably been long time supporters of Reading and have always harboured The dream to one day give something back to the  Welsh people  .

The coach had better beware if he demands a number nine and a number two as he'll get sweet and sour prawns and fried rice .

be interesting if reading win the play-offs, the prem blocked these owners from buying hull because they were dodgy

1 hour ago, Monkeh said:

be interesting if reading win the play-offs, the prem blocked these owners from buying hull because they were dodgy

Oh great. The Premiership gets protected from allegedly dodgy owners but the rest of us don't.

1 hour ago, Barrs Court Red said:

Given the amount of empty seats last night, I don wonder how they plan on growing the club. 

There was 22k there and the capacity is 24k. It can't have been that empty..! 

Just now, Monkeh said:

also in the prem it was always sold out, If we ever got there then I don't think 27k is big enough,

First season, it probably won't be. 

IF we were to stay up a few seasons then apart from the "BIG" clubs, it should be about sufficient. 

We've never averaged over that amount before..!

It would be a great problem to have, if tickets for Bristol City V Stoke/Bournemouth/Watford/Burnley etc in the Premier league were hard to come by! 

14 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

First season, it probably won't be. 

IF we were to stay up a few seasons then apart from the "BIG" clubs, it should be about sufficient. 

We've never averaged over that amount before..!

It would be a great problem to have, if tickets for Bristol City V Stoke/Bournemouth/Watford/Burnley etc in the Premier league were hard to come by! 

well if we can avg nearly 20k with a season of crap I'm sure we can push that to 24k if we are pushing for promotion,

Next season will be a good gage 

1 hour ago, Monkeh said:

well if we can avg nearly 20k with a season of crap I'm sure we can push that to 24k if we are pushing for promotion,

Next season will be a good gage 

Don't understand why people think a reduced capacity stadium will ever benefit a club, just because our average is lower. Even if it's only for the big clubs appearance, why not make a bit more and raise the profile of our club to potential new supporters? We used to average 12-15k when I started going, then all of a sudden we had a few attendances in the thirties, revenue went up, as did the profile and surprisingly, so did the success.

7 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Reading and their relation to Welsh people ?

sorry I fail to see the link 

11 minutes ago, Red Tel said:

I think it's called sarcasm.

It's called ' wit ' dear boy . It's using humour to highlight the fact that these buyers haven't got a clue about Reading and are in it for the glory or the money, not for the good of the club or its supporters .

There , clearer but not so funny now is it ?

On ‎17‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 20:11, Major Isewater said:

It's called ' wit ' dear boy . It's using humour to highlight the fact that these buyers haven't got a clue about Reading and are in it for the glory or the money, not for the good of the club or its supporters .

There , clearer but not so funny now is it ?

You're correct. I think I should have said it was satire, rather that sarcasm, but I had been awake for over 24 hrs, and the brain wasn't functioning vey well, if at all.

38 minutes ago, Red Tel said:

You're correct. I think I should have said it was satire, rather that sarcasm, but I had been awake for over 24 hrs, and the brain wasn't functioning vey well, if at all.

If you were on speed that's ok then .

;)

A lot of my threads give people the impression they've been awake for 24hrs I'm sure .

4 hours ago, Red Tel said:

It is Satire ... tomorrow will be Sunday.

I didn't get it when you mentioned Sarcasm though, I thought you were referring to some kind of piss taking of a small Channel Island near Guernsey.

Archived