IGNORED

Replacing Tammy.

RobinJMc

Hi all, 

My first post on otib, just wanted to discuss how we can live without tammy.

I'm sure this has been discussed alot. Basically, I think we need to be looking at a permanent signing instead of trying to replace his loan.

Who would your suggestions be? I'd like to see us take a risk on a player with a good track record whos not getting alot of games - or maybe an affordable top championship striker. Gary Hooper??

Cheers

Ruben Loftus-Cheek will demand a loan move away from Chelsea because the 21-year-old midfielder has grown disillusioned with the limited opportunities he has been given by Antonio Conte this season.

Might be worth a shout. 

I think we'll replace the need for his goals by being a much less open team. Not saying we'll concede 26 less goals but I think we'll do much better next season and the need for such a huge amount from 1 player will lessen. 

Famara Diedhiou for me would be the replacement. 

I am at heart a realist , but when it comes to City I also try to look on the bright side so here's my little ray of sunshine.

In the last two years we have taken a French League 2 player , and a young lad in his first year of men's football and managed to get 20+ goals a year out of them. In those 2 years (admittedly using a hit and miss memory) not many goals have been totally individual efforts, and so that says , although we have been pretty shit for the most part, we make a decent amount of chances. 
In fact I believe we had amongst the highest number of shots AT goal , how many were on target is another matter. We have a very good target man, and two support strikers (if Envall is given a chance ) and a midfield that toward the end of the season had finally started to support the forwards effectively. I think if we can find a reasonably effective Championship forward , someone like Wells maybe , I think we could be ok. 
Sign a good striker and quality in a couple of other areas we may have a better than ok season. 

Needless to say it will be a big, big summer. 

8 hours ago, kiwicolin said:

Ruben Loftus-Cheek will demand a loan move away from Chelsea because the 21-year-old midfielder has grown disillusioned with the limited opportunities he has been given by Antonio Conte this season.

Might be worth a shout. 

I'm certain Loftus-Cheek is not a striker. Would take him as a Midfielder though.

Maybe we could make a 'cheeky' bid :whistle:

12 hours ago, RobinJMc said:

Hi all, 

My first post on otib, just wanted to discuss how we can live without tammy.

I'm sure this has been discussed alot. Basically, I think we need to be looking at a permanent signing instead of trying to replace his loan.

Who would your suggestions be? I'd like to see us take a risk on a player with a good track record whos not getting alot of games - or maybe an affordable top championship striker. Gary Hooper??

Cheers

Hooper's Wednesday best striker mate, no chance of that!

Maybe Grabban or Frazier Campbell? 

6 minutes ago, Tangle Foot said:

I'm certain Loftus-Cheek is not a striker. Would take him as a Midfielder though.

Maybe we could make a 'cheeky' bid :whistle:

He is mate, and a quality midfielder at that!

24 minutes ago, 8MenWith1Dream said:

Maybe Grabban or Frazier Campbell? 

After watching Grabban last night against Fulham I was disappointed with how wasteful he was with chances. Looks a lot more like a Taylor kind of workhorse player as opposed to Tammy. 

Just now, Robin Goch said:

After watching Grabban last night against Fulham I was disappointed with how wasteful he was with chances. Looks a lot more like a Taylor kind of workhorse player as opposed to Tammy. 

Yeah he's not been great for them, I don't think they'll go for him permanently.

Undoubtedly a player in there though. 

Funnily enough, it was a Grabban deal that stopped us from signing Kermogant on deadline day of 2015, and now they partner each other at 3rd placed and play-off finalists Reading FC. 

What could've been....

9 hours ago, Shtanley said:

I think we'll replace the need for his goals by being a much less open team. Not saying we'll concede 26 less goals but I think we'll do much better next season and the need for such a huge amount from 1 player will lessen. 

Famara Diedhiou for me would be the replacement. 

Think a few might struggle with that, Bristolian accent doesn't lend itself well to French. Farmer Diddyhoo to most down here :laughcont:

We've got no chance of getting Loftus-Cheek. We might have survived, but we're fought relegation for two years straight after getting promoted from League 1, so I doubt we'd be the top of his list of Championship teams to play for.

Either way, replacing Tammy is going to be extremely difficult. As I've said before, we struggled this season despite having a 20+ goal forward, so imagine how ****** we'd be without him.

I'd like to see us go for a young talent again, ideally on a permanent deal. For me, the biggest problem we'll face isn't where our goals are coming from, but how we're getting them. The whole squad needs investment, and not just investing in youth. We need experienced heads to guide our young players, and that's something the club just isn't capable of doing at the moment.

1 hour ago, hodge said:

Hooper's been their #1 choice, Rhodes has found himself on the bench generally. 

Didn't feel confident enough to take a pen last night according to their manager

£10 million and £62000/ week (allegedly)

Dont get much for that do you 

54 minutes ago, hodge said:

Hooper's been their #1 choice, Rhodes has found himself on the bench generally. 

I would imagine that the deal to take Rhodes to Wednesday permanently was based on them going up. Now that they are staying in the Championship I suspect he will be back at Boro'. His future there will depend on who gets the managers job.

If the new man wants to move him on he will struggle to get £10m back and to get the player to agree as IF he is on £62k per week I doubt there will be many takers.

That said I do rate him - but not at that money or fee.

Archived