IGNORED

Potential right backs?

Any names come to mind?

Someone I would like to see come in is Darwika from Burnley. Think we were linked with him before. Believe he would be a massive step up in quality from what we have had.

Connor McLaughin is out of contract but see he has been linked with Barnsley. 

Think the problem we would have is tempting them down south.

Any other decent options come to mind?

Chelsea youngster Dujon Sterling could be an option, on a season long loan. His inexperience could be an issue.

Liverpool's Jon Flanagan (related to Bradley Orr) is another, but recent injuries could count against him.

I would have to say that Burnley's Darwika strikes me as the best option mentioned on here, so far.

Darikwa is bang average, played a few games for Burnley at the start of last season then as soon as Lowton as fit he came straight back in and Darikwa only really got a look in from the bench.

Flanagan or Tomori for me, both would be fantastic signings.

Saidy Janko-was on loan at Baaansly this season..Gambian who's played for the Swiss kids..

Ex Man u youngster-farmed out from Celtic after reputedly having one nightmare evening in the Champions league qualifiers.....plays RB/RM.....Think he's still only 20 so fits the clubs M.O..

Acquired by Celtic for pocket change,will be more ££ now but still not loadsa money I wouldn't think...another RB loan,possibly??!!

Would also like to see Taylor Moore given a chance to show what he can do at RB some point this season-hes 20 now and gets his head up and can play.....

3 hours ago, 8MenWith1Dream said:

Darikwa is bang average, played a few games for Burnley at the start of last season then as soon as Lowton as fit he came straight back in and Darikwa only really got a look in from the bench.

Flanagan or Tomori for me, both would be fantastic signings.

Well, he's not 'bang average'. He's playing at a much better level remember and a premier league squad player is more than good enough for us as a struggling championship side.

He's quick, strong and athletic - basically an upgrade on Little but with many of the same strengths. He'd improve our squad. 

2 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Well, he's not 'bang average'. He's playing at a much better level remember and a premier league squad player is more than good enough for us as a struggling championship side.

He's quick, strong and athletic - basically an upgrade on Little but with many of the same strengths. He'd improve our squad. 

Thanks, saved me typing this.

"Bang average" playing in The Prem, FFS...

1 hour ago, Clarky89 said:

Surprised no mention of Cyrus Christie? Out of contract, pacey and good going forward if we go to three at the back. 

I really liked him. Remember that strange game vs Coventry at Northampton when we lost 5-4 or something under SO'D. He and Wilson were fantastic and i'm not surprised that either ended up playing at a much better level.

6 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Thanks, saved me typing this.

"Bang average" playing in The Prem, FFS...

People seem to forget the big jump between the level for some reason. Look at the impact former Prem 'squad players' can make in this league.. Dwight Gayle, Jonjo Shelvey, Anthony Knockeart to name but three all dominated the league last season when all three have been squad players in the Prem.

What about DeAndre Yedlin? Nearly 24 now so would want to be playing regularly and had a bit of a stop/start career at a few clubs in England including Spurs, Sunderland and Newcastle. Lightning quick and attacking. 

Largely been second choice to Anita this season although had a couple of injuries. If Newcastle want to strengthen at right back he could well be surplus.

4 hours ago, Robbored said:

I'm truly impressed/amazed at the knowledge posters have of other clubs players, even if said player is a squad member.

I couldn't name any RBs of any other clubs.............:crying:  and I watch loads of football...

You must be so miserable, sad and lonely. I used to read your posts with a little hint of hatred, but that is now replaced by a bit of sorrow and guilt that other people in the world with such a miserable existence. I really hope one day you get some enjoyment out of life and your hobbies like the rest do. I honestly mean that - to see people miserable really is a sad thing to see.

I love watching football and doing my own little scouting of players - not for one second saying I know what I'm talking about and that it's useful, otherwise I would be in a very different job, and I don't claim to know whether they would be good or not to fit our team, but it's an enjoyable thing to do with other likeminded football fans to spout ideas and discuss players, regardless of how much or little of them I have seen.

I really question why a Gentleman would register and join in a football discussion community when he clearly has distain for such an activity!!! Weird.

4 hours ago, ciderbeans said:

Look no further than Alexander Trent-Arnold. Primed for a loan and would be more than capable of playing regular championship football. A season loan would be good.

only problem is I don't think Klopp loans many out

I expect him to be reserve to Clyne next season and they will have champions league games so he will probably get a fair few Premier League matches to play in. Very good player and Klopp is a massive fan.

4 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I really liked him. Remember that strange game vs Coventry at Northampton when we lost 5-4 or something under SO'D. He and Wilson were fantastic and i'm not surprised that either ended up playing at a much better level.

People seem to forget the big jump between the level for some reason. Look at the impact former Prem 'squad players' can make in this league.. Dwight Gayle, Jonjo Shelvey, Anthony Knockeart to name but three all dominated the league last season when all three have been squad players in the Prem.

Nicky Hunt.....

6 minutes ago, winterbournered said:

Nicky Hunt.....

Well obviously you'll always be able to find multiple examples where the opposite is true if you want to be pedantic about it.

The point I was making is that often players who maybe aren't quite Pren standard or don't get a run of games are very good in this league. Dwight Gayle is a fantastic example, brilliant at this level but struggled to hold a place at Palace. 

8 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

He's not playing in the Prem, I was on about when he used to play in the championship. 

No good.

Archived