IGNORED

Potential right backs?

4 hours ago, Robinito said:

I'm surprised at your reaction to Robbored's comment. I don't think he mean't anything by it. I couldn't name all these other players from different clubs. Some people's knowledge on such matters is amazing, doesn't mean that I'm showing disdain either.

Nah. Difference is that his comment is a dig that he's made countless times about people judging players based on little knowledge. It wasn't genuine amazement, just a petty dig that he makes on 9 out of 10 threads made through sarcasm. He's done it on similar topics before. It's boring. 

4 hours ago, Robbored said:

Oh dear..............:facepalm:

i do believe I'm getting a slagging here.......and all because I don't pay much attention to other clubs players.......and from a person I've never met and yet feels qualified to comment about me.........:disapointed2se:

They don't interest me one iota. I'm a City fan and all my footballing interest goes into the players who play for us. I lose interest when they move on. Once they've gone they've gone......it makes no difference to me what they do next,

But why do you need to be sarcastic and pee on everyone else's fun because it doesn't interest you?!?! 

Can you not see why that's just plain frustrating?!? 

If you don't care, fine, each to their own. Why belittle those that do care and get enjoyment out of other aspects of the game? Why can't you just open a thread and think 'not for me' and move on without comment. 

I stand by it. Yes a slagging, but if you give it out, be a man and take it back. 

9 minutes ago, Clarky89 said:

But why do you need to be sarcastic and pee on everyone else's fun because it doesn't interest you?!?! 

Can you not see why that's just plain frustrating?!? 

If you don't care, fine, each to their own. Why belittle those that do care and get enjoyment out of other aspects of the game? Why can't you just open a thread and think 'not for me' and move on without comment. 

I stand by it. Yes a slagging, but if you give it out, be a man and take it back. 

The post about which you're complaining about is actually a compliment to those otib users who have such depth of knowledge that even after years on otib, I still find it surprising but impressive - I really should have known better......

The fact that you took umbrage at it says more about your insecurities than anything else. May I suggest you change your username from Clarky to Snowflake?         :rofl2br:

24 minutes ago, redcherryberry said:

He can get fit pre season with us Graham :-).  I'd take a gamble on a season loan.

I wouldn't- he fractured his knee then broke his kneecap in training on the week he returned.

I would be very worried that there is now a major weakness there.

On a side issue he apparently cost Hull £3.5m when they brought him...

6 minutes ago, Robbored said:

The post about which you're complaining about is actually a compliment to those otib users who have such depth of knowledge that even after years on otib, I still find it surprising but impressive - I really should have known better......

The fact that you took umbrage at it says more about your insecurities than anything else. May I suggest you change your username from Clarky to Snowflake?         :rofl2br:

You and me both know it wasn't a compliment. If you're going to make sly dig, at least be man enough to stand by them when you get called up on it and get the reaction you so clearly crave! 

I'd make a suggestion what you should change your username to but I don't think it would get past the filters. 

3 minutes ago, Clarky89 said:

You and me both know it wasn't a compliment. If you're going to make sly dig, at least be man enough to stand by them when you get called up on it and get the reaction you so clearly crave! 

If that's what you think then............:dunno:

I think you're probably alone with that view.

3 hours ago, Chivs said:

He ruined himself.  His performances at City are the reason why Rose is a bang average player and will never succeed at the top level.

Tammy on the other hand...

Whereas the other lad we got from spurs who was player of the season for me went on to great things....

3 hours ago, Robbored said:

I'll explain how it works for me. When I see a decent player up against City at AG I try to remember his name but that's it.

If....at some point in the future said players name is linked with us then I usually remember and think he'd be a useful signing - and that's it. 

I know exactly what you mean. I really struggle to remember players from the oppo team unless they are already very well known. Last time I can remember a player make a massive impression on me was when Luke Freeman was playing for Stevenage at AG. He was everywhere and I was well pleased when we signed him. Generally I forget them by the time I'm home from the match though.

13 hours ago, Clarky89 said:

Nah. Difference is that his comment is a dig that he's made countless times about people judging players based on little knowledge. It wasn't genuine amazement, just a petty dig that he makes on 9 out of 10 threads made through sarcasm. He's done it on similar topics before. It's boring. 

Oh, I see. I honestly thought it was a genuine comment when I read it. It's a shame some people have to resort to petty digs and negativity, and are unable to find the positive in anything or anyone.

18 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I think being a regular starter in a premier league runner up side and international caps is the definition of success at the top level isn't it? 

Not even close.  When did you take the Sky pill?

He isn't even playing in the top 3 leagues in the world and never will. And I'll hazard a guess he will never play in a semi-final at a major international tournament.  His attitude whilst at City explains why.

Tammy on the other hand...

7 hours ago, Robinito said:

Oh, I see. I honestly thought it was a genuine comment when I read it. It's a shame some people have to resort to petty digs and negativity, and are unable to find the positive in anything or anyone.

My advice...for what it's worth, is,  don't get influenced by others, make your own mind up, and form your own opinions.  Don't get led by the other sheep....sometimes they may lead you to the slaughter house!

17 minutes ago, 42nite said:

My advice...for what it's worth, is,  don't get influenced by others, make your own mind up, and form your own opinions.  Don't get led by the other sheep....sometimes they may lead you to the slaughter house!

Fair enough, but due to work, family and financial issues, I don't get the opportunity to watch City live very often, so like to read this forum and the many different views of the posters.

On 18/05/2017 at 12:56, Clarky89 said:

You must be so miserable, sad and lonely. I used to read your posts with a little hint of hatred, but that is now replaced by a bit of sorrow and guilt that other people in the world with such a miserable existence. I really hope one day you get some enjoyment out of life and your hobbies like the rest do. I honestly mean that - to see people miserable really is a sad thing to see.

I love watching football and doing my own little scouting of players - not for one second saying I know what I'm talking about and that it's useful, otherwise I would be in a very different job, and I don't claim to know whether they would be good or not to fit our team, but it's an enjoyable thing to do with other likeminded football fans to spout ideas and discuss players, regardless of how much or little of them I have seen.

I really question why a Gentleman would register and join in a football discussion community when he clearly has distain for such an activity!!! Weird.

Wow are you paranoid or what? His post was quite straightforward, not at all snide and you've inferred a whole other meaning.

For what it's worth I'm also perpetually amazed and impressed by others people's knowledge of hundreds of league footballers. If we assume each league club has just 25 players, that's over two thousand players, most of whom are little known to most of us.

22 hours ago, Leveller said:

Wow are you paranoid or what? His post was quite straightforward, not at all snide and you've inferred a whole other meaning.

For what it's worth I'm also perpetually amazed and impressed by others people's knowledge of hundreds of league footballers. If we assume each league club has just 25 players, that's over two thousand players, most of whom are little known to most of us.

Sorry, mate, not at all. He's made comments that aren't snide and hidden by a sarcastic dig saying the same numerous times in similar threads. 

Its his view, I don't get why he's hiding from it!! It's absolutely fine if he thinks it's a pointless convo and that we don't really have a clue!! All I'm saying is if he doesn't like certain conversations, ignore them. 

24 minutes ago, Clarky89 said:

Sorry, mate, not at all. He's made comments that aren't snide and hidden by a sarcastic dig saying the same numerous times in similar threads. 

Its his view, I don't get why he's hiding from it!! It's absolutely fine if he thinks it's a pointless convo and that we don't really have a clue!! All I'm saying is if he doesn't like certain conversations, ignore them. 

Hey! I'm not hiding from anything. 

Leveller is spot and read my post as it was intended but you did not...........:facepalm:

As I posted earlier - change your username to "snowflake" it would really suit you...

Archived