IGNORED

Premier League Teams - Should we be embarassed?

tinman85

2 hours ago, WarksRobin said:

I doubt he went into the changing room and starting telling the players about tactics. If  SL did address the players at half time, more likely he was trying to motivate them by pointing out how well looked after they are at Ashton Gate, and warning them not to take the ****. (I hope so anyway.)

Hopefully…then second half, Tommo took a penalty…:blink:

2 hours ago, WarksRobin said:

I doubt he went into the changing room and starting telling the players about tactics. If  SL did address the players at half time, more likely he was trying to motivate them by pointing out how well looked after they are at Ashton Gate, and warning them not to take the ****. (I hope so anyway.)

I have no problem with anyone motivating the team at half time with a few chosen words.

We have had supporters do it to excellent results. 

I would be inclined to parade a Gas player in the dressing room at half time as a warning as to what could happen. 

:shocking:

Isn't it the case that no sports team from Bristol does as well as we would like. 

Rovers should never have dropped right out of the League - whatever is said on here, they are better than NLBR. Better now, but still Division 3.

Rugby spend years getting into the top division, then fall back out with scarcely a whimper

City Women get back to the top division (That's good) but don't look like staying long. They have beaten only Yeovil and lost all the rest, to average teams.

Gloucestershire Cricket have never done anything in the Championship and apart from a few One Day triumphs, find it hard to shake off Graham Gooch's description of "Minor Counties West". Somerset have done better (without actually winning anything much) - but I don't count them as Bristol.

Anything else? Speedway? Ice Hockey?

There is something in the air round here that just doesn't breed real success.

2 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Being à two club city didn't hurt Manchester or Liverpool.

Yeah but I'm not talking about Manchester or Liverpool,  who evidently have enough local, national and international interest to sustain two top flight clubs.  We  in Bristol seemingly don't.

On 5/18/2017 at 03:49, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

We are too nice, and too accepting of mediocrity and "knowing our place".

Personally I think that attitude is bollocks....let's start being nasty bastards.

It is a funny thing!

You only have to read this forum to know we are a bit snowflakey. AG for a while in the past was a horrible place to come to as a visiting team and supporter. Now we debate bubble machines and complain about sub standard pies. Yeah visitors are quaking about a visit to South Bristol.

Personally I trace things back o moving the home end out of the EE and all of a sudden we were playing in a library most of the time. OK so things have changed and society is a bit more PC, but if you look at some of the other forums and grounds with atmosphere it is clear we do accept mediocrity and in some cases support it....I think most would get what I mean.

I want to win. It's just a thing of mine. If you can not win one way find another, which is what I hope LJ is working out. Being a bit less welcoming and getting the crowd fired up particularly in certain areas but in general everywhere would help....Johnson says bounce around the ground, until some ****** tells you to sit down or get thrown out!.....

Archived