IGNORED

Who will replace Mark Little?

cidered abroad

I don't think it can be said that criticism of his performances was unfair.  Whether the shoulder injury did him, or if the Championship was always going to be a step too far for him we don't really know, but he was shocking overall since promotion.  A few decent performances towards the end of the season aside he was the weakest link in the side whenever he played. 

Full marks for effort and endeavour and he goes with respect from all I'm sure, for that, but to say that criticism of him was unfair I think is a little wide of the mark.

He'll end up in league one and if he can regain the form he showed when we went up then he'll be a good acquisition for someone at that level.

Just now, Steve Watts said:

I don't think it can be said that criticism of his performances was unfair.  Whether the shoulder injury did him, or if the Championship was always going to be a step too far for him we don't really know, but he was shocking overall since promotion.  A few decent performances towards the end of the season aside he was the weakest link in the side whenever he played. 

Full marks for effort and endeavour and he goes with respect from all I'm sure, for that, but to say that criticism of him was unfair I think is a little wide of the mark.

He'll end up in league one and if he can regain the form he showed when we went up then he'll be a good acquisition for someone at that level.

Spot on.

2 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

Darikwa from Burnley hopefully. Fine player.

Can I ask why he is a fine player? I can't claim to know too much about him but the general consensus is that he is very good. From a brief review of his career statistics he does not seem to have played many games at a level above League One. 

CLUB FROM TO FEE   LEAGUE   FA CUP   LGE   CUP   OTHER
          APPS GLS   APPS   GLS   APPS   GLS   APPS   GLS
Burnley      30 Jul, 15   £550,000   21 (0) 1   6 (0)   0   2 (0)   0   0 (0) 0
Barrow    29 Oct, 10       29 Nov, 10      Loan   1 (0) 0   0 (0)   0   0 (0)   0    0 (0) 0
Chesterfield   01 Aug, 10       30 Jul, 15     111 (14) 9   9 (2)   1   2 (1)   0   8 (3) 1
Totals     £550,000   133 (14)    10   15 (2)   1   4 (1)   0   8 (3) 1

2 hours ago, Whitchurch1966 said:

Isn't this about the pathway for emerging players from our own ranks? Vyner; Moore; Lloyd Kelly even Korey Smith if we get a stronger midfield.

Don't think any of those are up to being first choice RB next season.

2 hours ago, Coppello said:

Can I ask why he is a fine player? I can't claim to know too much about him but the general consensus is that he is very good. From a brief review of his career statistics he does not seem to have played many games at a level above League One. 

CLUB FROM TO FEE   LEAGUE   FA CUP   LGE   CUP   OTHER
          APPS GLS   APPS   GLS   APPS   GLS   APPS   GLS
Burnley      30 Jul, 15   £550,000   21 (0) 1   6 (0)   0   2 (0)   0   0 (0) 0
Barrow    29 Oct, 10       29 Nov, 10      Loan   1 (0) 0   0 (0)   0   0 (0)   0    0 (0) 0
Chesterfield   01 Aug, 10       30 Jul, 15     111 (14) 9   9 (2)   1   2 (1)   0   8 (3) 1
Totals     £550,000   133 (14)    10   15 (2)   1   4 (1)   0   8 (3) 1

A fair question Coppello.

Every time I've seen him in the flesh, at Chesterfield, he impressed me as he did when he went to Burnley. Maybe the Prem is a step too far for the lad but, IMHO, he's a very good Championship full back. He can't half shift as well. He's not getting much game time at Turf Moor and I think he would be ideal for us to replace Litts and may be looking for more game time at this stage of his career.

Archived