IGNORED

Diving Ban

Reigate Red

But what about those that are booked / sent off for supposedly diving but it gets proved that they actually didn't?

There's no allowing you to have the player back on the pitch for however much of the game he missed & cost you a defeat because you were wrongly a player short!!

It needs to be dealt with there and then, video evidence needs to be brought in to deal with such incidents, not leaving it for a couple of days before they realise an offence has been made.

Just now, BRISTOL86 said:

We're not exactly innocent. Tomlin and Wilbs both love a tumble.

Don't think i have seen such a bad dive as our trip to Reading last season apart from the one from Jason Robert's a few years earlier.

Just now, bakes said:

Don't think i have seen such a bad dive as our trip to Reading last season apart from the one from Jason Robert's a few years earlier.

Can't remember the incident in question. But reality is all teams have divers in simply because they're allowed to get away with it. 

I've been saying for years it could be eradicated in months if they took a zero tolerance/straight red approach. 

Players would simply be too scared to do it. They would try at all costs to stay on their feet unless they absolutely couldn't. Would change behaviour very very quickly. 

7 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

But what about those that are booked / sent off for supposedly diving but it gets proved that they actually didn't?

There's no allowing you to have the player back on the pitch for however much of the game he missed & cost you a defeat because you were wrongly a player short!!

It needs to be dealt with there and then, video evidence needs to be brought in to deal with such incidents, not leaving it for a couple of days before they realise an offence has been made.

That's just unfortunately. Same as if it was to happen now.

However if someone dives, and it's proven they can then be suspended. 

The two do not have to go hand in hand. 

23 minutes ago, Laner said:

So has it worked in Scotland? Surely must be some data if they've had the rule since 2011

to a degree yes, but the clause to exclude Celtic from the ban put a lot of club's noses out

Just now, BRISTOL86 said:

Can't remember the incident in question. But reality is all teams have divers in simply because they're allowed to get away with it.

I've been saying for years it could be eradicated in months if they took a zero tolerance/straight red approach.

Players would simply be too scared to do it. They would try at all costs to stay on their feet unless they absolutely couldn't. Would change behaviour very very quickly.

Totally agree but i don't think you can compare us to Reading.

If someone could bring up the link to their penalty this season you will see what  i mean.

I have seen more pens at Reading in our last few visits than we seem to get in a season.

23 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

It's still a step in the right direction & an improvement on nothing at all. It's getting out of hand now like it did in Italy before they brought this in.

Im not sure you could have video evidence used for fouls/dives throughout the entire game. The games would never end.

I'd prefer it if there was one challenge allowed per half from each manager if that was the case. 

42 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

Good point. I suspect it will discourage referees from taking action on suspected diving, preferring to leave it to the video review.

Diving is all very well and Im assuming if it is a retrospective ban then the laws will be adjusted to make it a red card. If so all for it. But for me no one really seems to know what's hand ball anymore. Call me old fashioned but referees seem reluctant to give penalties for what used to be a clear handball. 

Or is it just me?

2 hours ago, Busterrimes said:

Did anyone else think this was a new rule for swimming pools to add to bombing and running?

Just now, downendcity said:

What about bombing and petting?

Just read Buster's post - must read the whole thread before posting!

I see no mention of a fine.

A player will quite happily take one for the team if promotion, competition progression etc. is at stake.

I'd like to say hefty fines for both team and player has to be included so that it becomes personal and has other real consequences. A fine should also probably be percentages of players wages because some of the better paid can quite easily shrug off a minor fine.

There also needs to be escalating consequences for repeat offenders e.g. do it once, 1 game ban, twice in any given period a 3 game ban etc. Make the consequences real and this really will cut this shit out.

Having said all of this, this is a step in the right direction.

• Admin

Doesn't do much for any advantage gained on the day.  Big Sam thinks it's a rubbish idea and I agree with him.  He wants a sin bin, player into sin bin whilst video technology checked by 4th official, if innocent, back into play, if guilty, red card.  Can't see why that's not doable.

10 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Doesn't do much for any advantage gained on the day.  Big Sam thinks it's a rubbish idea and I agree with him.  He wants a sin bin, player into sin bin whilst video technology checked by 4th official, if innocent, back into play, if guilty, red card.  Can't see why that's not doable.

Well he does have Zaha.

2 hours ago, MichaelRobartes said:

Brilliant, the game has been crying out for this for years. Just hope they're not scared to use it.

Exactly!

All the penalties for shirt pulling and assault (ask Flinty) in the penalty area soon died down.

2 hours ago, Tipps69 said:

The retrospective panel will be made up of three and a decision has to be unanimous for a player to be disciplined.

I understand your point but how can such a decision be reviewed promptly during a live game?

Archived