IGNORED

Joe Bryan on the move

ollywhyte

2.5m!.... my cars waiting Joe, get in and I'll even let you have your own choice of music. 

Lets be serious though, for 2.5m you'd be expecting a ready made consistent LB... Bryan really isn't that. On his days he's quality but they are far and few between. If that sort of bid does come in I'd hope we would sell and use all that money to buy someone of a higher level. 

Be nice if he stayed but that sort of money, for the player JB is, is to good to turn down. 

Just now, Robbored said:

JB is steady enough at left back. He rarely gets skinned by a nippy winger. Bombs forward well and gets in some decent crosses.

Being a local lad I actually don't think JB would want to go anywhere else. 

He was soooo good in our promotion season and never managed to hit the same heights since. I think he's set people's expectations too high by playing so well...

Just now, pride of the west said:

Will be a shame to see him go but like Little, he's a natural wing back which is a position we are not looking to accommodate. 

In time I'm sure he will become a very good left back but I think he needs the change to get back on track

Agree about the wingback part but it will take a big improvement to make a good LB. Always looked better and more effective further forward.

Just now, Robbored said:

JB is steady enough at left back. He rarely gets skinned by a nippy winger. Bombs forward well and gets in some decent crosses.

Seriously? He got absolutely reamed on more than one occasion last year. Agree with the bit after , gets past players and crosses well, can cut in and shoot which is a bonus. I don't think sentiment will play much of a part in this one, I quite like him but wouldn't be upset if we got a good fee for him.

He certainly should focus on being a left back. When he has played as a winger I have never seen him beat his man any other way than kick it towards the byline and cross. Very one dimensional with his upright running means that he suits full back more than left wing. Personally I'd like to see him stay but 2.5 million is quite the dangling carrot

Just now, 1960maaan said:

Agree about the wingback part but it will take a big improvement to make a good LB. Always looked better and more effective further forward.

Seriously? He got absolutely reamed on more than one occasion last year. Agree with the bit after , gets past players and crosses well, can cut in and shoot which is a bonus. I don't think sentiment will play much of a part in this one, I quite like him but wouldn't be upset if we got a good fee for him.

I cant remember JB getting run ragged by any opposition player. Sure, like all full backs he got beaten on the odd occasion but it wasn't something we saw most weeks.

7 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I would suggest you look at many many of the goals conceded since January and then come back with your precis of JB as an LB.

Probably the right sort of time for him to move. Maybe he needs a move away from Bristol and his family to really focus on improving as a player - not saying he doesn't already, but a change of scenery from what he's always known might be a benefit to his development.

He's clearly talented, I think his issues are more psychological - I think he seems to lack a bit of confidence and ruthlessness on the pitch.

He hasn't quite kicked on as much as people hoped, but I think he's been overly criticised this season and was one of the biggest sufferers from constantly being shifted about. I thought he improved, particularly defensively, once he got a consistent run of games at LB towards the end of the season, I still believe he's got a bright future here and I'd be sad to see him go.

Just now, Esmond Million's Bung said:

The highlights of Villa away is a great starting point, then take a look at Brentford away, it is a very long list.

His attitude at home to Brum spoke volumes. If you cant get up for 25,000 thats not good enough. Can't have players who constantly dip in and out of form.

23 minutes ago, Robbored said:

You are naive ! Double or triple his wages at either Sunderland or derby... But you think because he lives in bristol he will stay at city! 

Archived