IGNORED

May 19 1974 COVENTRY article in the bristol city post

5 minutes ago, Never to the dark side said:

Friday page fourteen

Might get some highlights

on the ITV West news at 6pm

or BBC West at 6:30pm

I love the headline in the post online about it being match fixing....... I thought match fixing was arranging a pre-determined result, this was a case of both teams finding out they'd stay up with a draw thanks to Jimmy hill

16 minutes ago, East Yorkshire CideRed said:

Just read that article. Funnily enough, I was actually at the Fulham v Sunderland match in 2008 when Jimmy Hill came out of the Riverside Stand close to the Mackems. Safe to say, they were fuming! Didn't realise how deep the grudge went.

There was a Sunderland fan where I worked and he never gave me a friendly word or glance again. They were very bitter.

56 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

Me too, unfortgettable.

Ditto. My all-time favourite match.

Says a lot about being a Bristol City supporter. Best match ever, a 2-2 draw that saved us from relegation!

Real glory hunter me. 

Living in Birmingham at the time (still do!) so this was a "home" game for me. Went with a Sunderland fan (plus girlfriends who didn't  understand what was going on at all) who spent much of the time fuming at what was happening on the pitch ! Remember being jammed at the back on the terracing - it wouldn't be allowed now. Memorable night !

Archived