IGNORED

28/1 to win the league

3 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Ipswich will struggle, in my opinion. Fancy Villa to go up, and possibly Norwich depending on who they appoint.

I wondered about Ipswich but they just seem like a club that the term `mid table mediocrity` was made for. I`m sure their fans would enjoy a bit of excitement at the top or bottom TBH!

2 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

League 1 could be stronger than we think. OK Bolton, Millwall & Blades have gone but all three relegated sides should do OK down there (Blackburn could implode though, who knows) and I think the three autos from League 2 should be there or thereabouts. Add in Scunny, Charlton, Posh, MK and, dare I say it, the blue few it`s not going to be an easy league to get out of.

Also I think Boro will win the championship. They know what to expect and need the least amount of rebuilding and their past record shows they will be sensible about it.

Really hope it comes in for you though! Imagine what you`ll be like if it comes down to the last day and we`re playing Wednesday with the winner being champions and the loser ending up in the playoffs!

thought about Boro but I think there could be a big clear out once a new manager comes in, so not sure what to expect but could do a Villa.

As for the last bit, I'd cash out. Although as I'm crap a betting if I left it on a Weds win we'd definitely go up .

2 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

thought about Boro but I think there could be a big clear out once a new manager comes in, so not sure what to expect but could do a Villa.

As for the last bit, I'd cash out. Although as I'm crap a betting if I left it on a Weds win we'd definitely go up .

I can`t see Boro being in as much denial about things as Villa were though.

9 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

I can`t see Boro being in as much denial about things as Villa were though.

Absolutely , good chairman and recent experience of this division. I just think a lot will depend who they get in as next full time manager.
Just not sure they'll be a power. Hull was my worry, if they keep their manager they could be very good next year, I felt sure they'd stay up when they went on that little run. If he goes, along with a few players then I think they will just be in the pack. 

14 hours ago, Rascal said:

I joined this place at Christmas while I'd nothing better to do, just to pass time really, not working so I read through this forum and what had been talked about the  club I love Barnsley FC, after about a hour of reading I realised quite a few posters on here are proper football fans who appreciate the views of fans from other clubs since then I've had some really good interaction with your lot on here, and now this is one of the first sites I log on to when I'm on line, your mostly proper football fanatics like me, the majority on here have made me feel welcome and  free to post my opinions on the game, you've got a brilliant forum here, and most of you are a credit to your club and city . That's why pal 

Great answer.

22 hours ago, Owl Visiting said:

I quite fancy QPR to struggle next season, they came really close to being dragged right into the relegation battle at points this season. Not really sure what to think of Holloway anymore.

Preston as outsiders for promotion at 14/1 looks decent value.

No idea for the title.

Holloways a**** . Plus he's a myth, done well with Blackpool but failed everywhere else. When he took over palace they were top but only scraped into the play offs on the last day. He took the 15ers from top to outside the playoffs as well. Oh did I mention he's a**** ? :laugh:

4 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Holloways a**** . Plus he's a myth, done well with Blackpool but failed everywhere else. When he took over palace they were top but only scraped into the play offs on the last day. He took the 15ers from top to outside the playoffs as well. Oh did I mention he's a**** ? :laugh:

He did do passably well at Plymouth until he jumped ship for Leicester. I`d still rather he was involved in the game though, the thought of him as a permanent Sky pundit is too horrible to contemplate.

Just now, Red Right Hand said:

He did do passably well at Plymouth until he jumped ship for Leicester. I`d still rather he was involved in the game though, the thought of him as a permanent Sky pundit is too horrible to contemplate.

I'd rather he was kidnapped and locked away in a freight container for about 30-40 years 

11 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

League 1 could be stronger than we think. OK Bolton, Millwall & Blades have gone but all three relegated sides should do OK down there (Blackburn could implode though, who knows) and I think the three autos from League 2 should be there or thereabouts. Add in Scunny, Charlton, Posh, MK and, dare I say it, the blue few it`s not going to be an easy league to get out of.

Also I think Boro will win the championship. They know what to expect and need the least amount of rebuilding and their past record shows they will be sensible about it.

Really hope it comes in for you though! Imagine what you`ll be like if it comes down to the last day and we`re playing Wednesday with the winner being champions and the loser ending up in the playoffs!

Really fancy Bradford to win league one next season.

On 5/20/2017 at 18:16, ashton_fan said:

That's the only trouble with this forum, it's difficult to work out who the BCFC supporters are sometimes

In fairness, the big Barnsley badge, with Barnsley written on the top on the posts which talk often of Barnsley players should go some way to alleviating those troubles...!!!!

On 5/21/2017 at 04:04, Rascal said:

I joined this place at Christmas while I'd nothing better to do, just to pass time really, not working so I read through this forum and what had been talked about the  club I love Barnsley FC, after about a hour of reading I realised quite a few posters on here are proper football fans who appreciate the views of fans from other clubs since then I've had some really good interaction with your lot on here, and now this is one of the first sites I log on to when I'm on line, your mostly proper football fanatics like me, the majority on here have made me feel welcome and  free to post my opinions on the game, you've got a brilliant forum here, and most of you are a credit to your club and city . That's why pal 

Serious question Rascal; do you enjoy the humour of this forum ?

None of us believe it can be found on other forums; they seem to compile of matchday threads and bitching about owners / managers (not like here, of course ! :facepalm:).

For example; have you read the fabled "Dion Dublin" thread ? If not, then I suggest you do !

This sort of things tends to set us apart on here !

Archived