IGNORED

U20 World Cup (Merged)

BobBobSuperBob

4 minutes ago, pride of the west said:

Anyone know why Taylor Moore didn't get a call up? I see that rovers loan player who was injured most the season is playing instead. 

I'm not sure but isn't it the U-21 Euro finals this summer? They could want him for that squad instead

Just now, Malago said:

Don't disagree.  It was the fact the ref had to go to the dug out to see the reply I thought was bizarre.

I assume as it's available it would be daft for him not to go and view it himself as he's ultimately in charge (Rather than pass the buck to 4th official)

Argies very impressive but we have worked hard and had some bright moments and most importantly we are THREE up on one of Tournament favs :clapping::englandflag:

First victory in a U20 World Cup for twenty years :blink::blink::blink:

3 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I assume as it's available it would be daft for him not to go and view it himself as he's ultimately in charge (Rather than pass the buck to 4th official)

Why not show it on a big screen so the people at the game can see as well?  I assume there is a big screen.

2 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

First victory in a U20 World Cup for twenty years :blink::blink::blink:

For most of the last 20 years we've sent teams to the under 20 World Cup without the FA enforcing a mandatory player release rule, meaning we've sent a severely depleted squad in several instances.

I saw the England under 20s in Colombia in 2011 (can highly recommend it as a place by the way - Medellin and Cartagena were great cities) and there were something like 40 eligible players who might have made the squad who weren't released by their clubs. As I understood it at the time, the FA could have enforced a mandatory player release clause, but opted not to. 

The squad this year looks a little stronger and includes a few players who've been tipped for full England caps in the future (e.g. Dominic Solanke, whose club progress appears to have stalled due to his contract situation at Chelsea, but who I believe will be on the move this summer). 

1 hour ago, North London Red said:

For most of the last 20 years we've sent teams to the under 20 World Cup without the FA enforcing a mandatory player release rule, meaning we've sent a severely depleted squad in several instances.

I saw the England under 20s in Colombia in 2011 (can highly recommend it as a place by the way - Medellin and Cartagena were great cities) and there were something like 40 eligible players who might have made the squad who weren't released by their clubs. As I understood it at the time, the FA could have enforced a mandatory player release clause, but opted not to. 

The squad this year looks a little stronger and includes a few players who've been tipped for full England caps in the future (e.g. Dominic Solanke, whose club progress appears to have stalled due to his contract situation at Chelsea, but who I believe will be on the move this summer). 

Ta - Interesting post - didn't realise that

Ta for the heads up :thumbsup:

Eurosport had prog listed as 12.45 :grr:

I see South Korea won both their opening games including against the Argies who were a far better side than us although the result didn't reflect that

looks like we have qualified from group and a win today & we would win the group

Archived