IGNORED

Millwall

4 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Dont think so matey! Milwall came down the season we won the league. They were up there for a good few years and had one top half finish.

We definitely played millwall first game of the season. David James was in goal .3 0 Millwall 

24 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Really? 

You could see a number of them in the faces of the Bradford manager and players taunting them. What if one of them, either player or Millwall fan, swung a punch? All hell would have broke lose.

All ifs or buts, nothing happened, if it had, it would have been a different story and I would probably have a different view.

No one got hurt, no riot ensued, everyone had a good time, except people from Bradford.

8 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

It will be. Game by game I imagine, we don`t want to ostracize the fans we get on with like PNE but Millwall and Leeds could be a different matter.

**** Millwall and Leeds etc, it should be segregated for all games personally IMO. 

25 minutes ago, RedM said:

Wembley just doesn't seem right for a pitch invasion, made them look amateurs. No class. But I guess I knew that anyway. Nobody likes them, not that they care!

what everyone seems to have missed is like Fulham reading, the team that really tried to make a game of it lost, millwall were totally outplayed and as sat watching it I thought bet millwall get a spawny late goal and guess what.

3 minutes ago, pillred said:

what everyone seems to have missed is like Fulham reading, the team that really tried to make a game of it lost, millwall were totally outplayed and as sat watching it I thought bet millwall get a spawny late goal and guess what.

We all said that here too. I did want Bradford to get a goal 4mins and 59 seconds into the 5 mins of added time and see their faces, but it just wasn't to be.

No doubt it will be an interesting game next year. I was on the infamous CATS coach that got really lost and ended up arriving at HT for my only visit to their ground, old or new. I think I'll make my own way this year, if I dare. It was a bit edgy.

Not all Millwall supporters are Tuppances, I know a few from going to games really top lads, I met up with them in their designated boozers last year, everyone in the place knew who I supported once they heard me speak and we didn't have any trouble what so ever, just stood talking about football and life for three hours, even after the game in kings cross they were diamonds and condemned the action of there fans towards ours. 

4 minutes ago, RedM said:

We all said that here too. I did want Bradford to get a goal 4mins and 59 seconds into the 5 mins of added time and see their faces, but it just wasn't to be.

No doubt it will be an interesting game next year. I was on the infamous CATS coach that got really lost and ended up arriving at HT for my only visit to their ground, old or new. I think I'll make my own way this year, if I dare. It was a bit edgy.

Is that the CATS coach that was deliberately detoured in sarf laandaan?

2 minutes ago, RedM said:

I was on the one in 84( I think,1-1 draw, Andy Llewellyn scored?) that got done in Earls Court and had to travel back down the M4 sans windows.

I can still hear the sound of a bus window exploding next to my head to this day!

1 hour ago, Portland Bill said:

Don't see a problem with them going on the pitch personally, I like to see passion. English football crowds have become totally sanitised over the last 10-15 years. 

They came on, ran around a bit and all went back off, no one got hurt, end of story.

Don't mind a pitch invasion if peaceful but I really hate seeing some of those Millwall fans taunting and goading the Bradford players who've just missed out on possibly their only chance of playing championship football.

Weirdly, the 0-0 at the new den a few years ago was very different to what I was expecting.

Thought it was supposed to be very hostile etc. but actually a really nice ground, decent playing surface too. Look forward to going back there. 

1 hour ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Is it possible to hate fans as much as these ? Absolute disgrace to their club and football on the whole!

Bit of an over-reaction there if you don't mind me saying...they are a very passionate fanbase who have had the 'us against the world' ethos very successfully and firmly embedded into their community and identity. 

I know a fair few Millwall fans, and the ones I know are just proper, passionate, committed, nice guys who love their club to bits. They smile at, and still like, their reputation but don't play up to it in any way like they used to back in the day. 

You won't find them filming 'corners' on their phones at games, you won't find them politely applauding when they score a goal and you won't find many people wearing premier league club shirts in Bermondsey. It's a proper community club, totally immersed in their locality.

I don't think they are an "absolute disgrace to their club and football on the whole"

Just now, oldrosie said:

This is odd.  In the early rounds of the FA Cup on the BBC, when non league fans invade the pitch having beaten league opposition, their behaviour is condoned as being exuberance.  But when it happens at Wembley ... and it just happens to be Millwall ... OMG.  And, of course, we have never had a pitch invasion at Ashton Gate have we??

Spot on, and Liverpool and Everton fans invaded the Wembley pitch after the 1989 FA Cup Final, but as it was just after the Hillsborough tragedy no-one dared condemn them...But as soon as naughty old Millwall show a bit of passion a few people cry foul....

Don't think they are anything like the 80s mob and live off their reputation. No different to any others now. I was at the old Den the day our nutters from Knowle West had a right old ding dong with them and it was an eye opener that day as I was only 14 at the time but always remember travelling down the Old Kent Rd and the coaches behind being pelted with glasses as the Millwall fans piled out of their local boozers. Turned up at the ground and daubed on the back of the stand in big red letters "City Kill Millwall", this pretty much set the tone for the rest of the day. We drew 1-1 in a game we should have won and after the game most of the coaches were lacking quite a few windows. The coach journey out of London was just as eventful!!

Archived