IGNORED

Millwall

2 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Verbally abused.....same as City fans do to away teams and officials at most home games.....verbal abuse, a part of football...

Yeah that's the main problem I have with Millwall fans they do swear a lot.

I can vaguely remember from about 70/71  being told if you don't **** off your gona get your ****** heads kicked in.

And as a 15yo this nearly came true.

As a lot will know at the time there was no segregation. Was the biggest attempt to take the East End.

Their early scouts got a hiding and legged it up the pitch to the park end, then the main mob arrived and were walking through the path near the back of the East End and then whole hell was let loose.

Was a major scrap and I can't remember if they were kicked out?

Anyway have they improved there language ?

52 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Yeah, but this was on the pitch and right in players faces. Not the same thing

Yeh but it's been going on for years and years, no need to single out Millwall today as though no other team's fans have done it. 

We invaded the pitch after the game when Gordon Owen missed that penalty against Swindon in 1987, verbal abuse, on the pitch, in the Swindon players' faces.....

Obviously there was also the game vs the gas when our fans chased their players off the pitch, verbal abuse, on the pitch, in their players' faces....

Not sure why there's all this condemnation of Millwall today....nothing new, been going on for decades...we ain't saints where this is concerned...

32 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

Yeah that's the main problem I have with Millwall fans they do swear a lot.

I can vaguely remember from about 70/71  being told if you don't **** off your gona get your ****** heads kicked in.

And as a 15yo this nearly came true.

As a lot will know at the time there was no segregation. Was the biggest attempt to take the East End.

Their early scouts got a hiding and legged it up the pitch to the park end, then the main mob arrived and were walking through the path near the back of the East End and then whole hell was let loose.

Was a major scrap and I can't remember if they were kicked out?

Anyway have they improved there language ?

Brave lot they were was aged 12yo walking up east st with 3 mates one of them threw an apple at there coach they had us hemmed in a shop doorway terrified us 

I don't like to see it at our home of football and in a final . Can't recall seeing too many stewards that bothered and not one in the ground . 

Many have commented on it's only exuberance and passion , I have no problem with that let's hope it doesn't happen at BS3

Atmosphere is always better when we have games vs Millwall, Leeds etc..

Glad they came up as it's another London game too which is generally easier for most of our fans.

Hope the atmosphere is given a boost vs Millwall.. although after what's happened to the atmosphere in recent Cardiff home games, it's not guarantee!

4 hours ago, shelts said:

I don't like to see it at our home of football and in a final . Can't recall seeing too many stewards that bothered and not one in the ground . 

Many have commented on it's only exuberance and passion , I have no problem with that let's hope it doesn't happen at BS3

No chance of that for a few seasons :fear:

I have to be admit I'm pleased Millwall won. Mostly for selfish reasons (another London game and I didn't really fancy a trip to Bradford!) but I really enjoyed going to the New Den a few years back when we beat them 2-1 (2011 - 2012 maybe?) and am looking forward to going back. I admit I'll probably keep my shirt and scarf hidden until I get into the ground but once you're in, it's a really good atmosphere and away fans get a very decent view rather than being tucked away in a corner like you are at some clubs...

15 hours ago, Portland Bill said:

Don't see a problem with them going on the pitch personally, I like to see passion. English football crowds have become totally sanitised over the last 10-15 years. 

They came on, ran around a bit and all went back off, no one got hurt, end of story.

100% this! What's the big deal! So what a few people ran on pitch. There was no trouble, no attempt to get at the Bradford fans! I see no problem with what happened yesterday! Some people need to chill out!

9 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yeh but it's been going on for years and years, no need to single out Millwall today as though no other team's fans have done it. 

We invaded the pitch after the game when Gordon Owen missed that penalty against Swindon in 1987, verbal abuse, on the pitch, in the Swindon players' faces.....

Obviously there was also the game vs the gas when our fans chased their players off the pitch, verbal abuse, on the pitch, in their players' faces....

Not sure why there's all this condemnation of Millwall today....nothing new, been going on for decades...we ain't saints where this is concerned...

We? Speak for yourself.

Whether it's passion, good for the game, something we miss makes no odds. It's against the rules of the FA etc.
Just about every time I've been to the New Den they've come on the pitch and tried to confront the away fans, throwing coins etc . They must have sanctions hanging over them from previous joyful moments and this could impact on the team/club . If they went on purely to celebrate is one thing, they tend not too, and it was Wembley the FA may take a dim view. Remember it's not one of the big clubs so the powers that be aren't sacred to act. They will probably get away with talk of penalties but it will be a big season for them, bound to be other 'joyous' moments thought the season that could get them into trouble. Funnily enough I don't remember them coming on the pitch at the Old Den, probably my memory and they had fences up. 'll look forward to another trip to London and another free pint thanks to the coins I pick up but I think the FA may well be looking hard at the cheeky 'Wall chaps.

15 hours ago, samo II said:

Remember that game; was Lee Matthew's debut and I was sitting in the Atyeo - remember watching him score a penalty and the Millwall fans going mental - several red cards and an on-pitch punch up; never felt we bowed to Millwall's bully-boy tactics, just gave it back to them.

Ha, they didn't wait until the 90th minute to go mental. They were kicking off after about 15 minutes. 

You're right about matching their bully boy tactics, on and off the pitch.

Glad they got promoted yesterday.

17 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

I thought last time we played them in the championship. They dicked us 3 0 . First game of the season 

We've played them quite a few times since that match mate. 

Got my hopes sky high before that season with Coppell in charge, David James in goal plus 'decent' signings like Nicky Hunt (:blink:) and Damien Stewart. 

Wasnt it Sam Vokes on loan as well? That debut went well.

Back down to Earth with a massive thud.

Before the Wolves game this season, that match was the last time we had an over the top '******* hell!...our fans have killed someone' thread on here long before any facts were established. 

15 hours ago, oldrosie said:

This is odd.  In the early rounds of the FA Cup on the BBC, when non league fans invade the pitch having beaten league opposition, their behaviour is condoned as being exuberance.  But when it happens at Wembley ... and it just happens to be Millwall ... OMG.  And, of course, we have never had a pitch invasion at Ashton Gate have we??

Exactly. The Beeb love to show re- runs of Hereford on the pitch, and even Scotland in the 70s . As my granddad was at the 1923 FA Cup final I'm assuming he was one of the first ever pitch invaders at Wembley :)

I can't recall any outrage over the invasion (while the game was still being played) that led to what is arguably the most famous bit of football commentary ever.

10 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Exactly. The Beeb love to show re- runs of Hereford on the pitch, and even Scotland in the 70s . As my granddad was at the 1923 FA Cup final I'm assuming he was one of the first ever pitch invaders at Wembley :)

I can't recall any outrage over the invasion (while the game was still being played) that led to what is arguably the most famous bit of football commentary ever.

You got a good point.

20 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Apologies, I meant 'we' as a fanbase.....and there are numerous examples of our fans being on the pitch, home and away...

OK my take on things: A celebratory pitch invasion inside your own stadium to celebrate promotion or securing a place in a major final is fine and has happened at pretty much every club in the country.

Away is not usually acceptable because its provocative and a bit disrespectful on another clubs turf imho. I can only think of twice when we've done it... The first was a mutual good natured celebration with Coventry fans... The second was at Chester which we probably shouldnt have done but 3 quarters of the ground were City and we were just jubilant after seing our club return from the brink of death. Have there been any more? Certainly none in the 25 years I've been a fan.

As for invading the pitch at Wembley. Moronic, who the hell does that in this day and age? The tone of it was sinister and hostile as well with fans getting in the faces of Bradford players. I know our fans arent the best behaved but I'm very sure we will never run on the pitch to goad opposition players at f****ing Wembley!

I think the Millwall problem is a vicious circle. They are almost expected to play up by the media, so they do... Which then leads to them being condemned further, which in turn leads to them playing up to their reputation more and more.

12 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

We got a suspended points deduction if I remember correctly. Wonder if the FA will have the balls to do the same.

Just now, Dastardly and Muttley said:

We got a suspended points deduction if I remember correctly. Wonder if the FA will have the balls to do the same.

If they do there`s every chance it would be triggered sometime next season so I doubt they will as it will mean they actually have to enforce it.

Archived