IGNORED

Millwall

4 hours ago, Wanderingred said:

OK my take on things: A celebratory pitch invasion inside your own stadium to celebrate promotion or securing a place in a major final is fine and has happened at pretty much every club in the country.

Away is not usually acceptable because its provocative and a bit disrespectful on another clubs turf imho. I can only think of twice when we've done it... The first was a mutual good natured celebration with Coventry fans... The second was at Chester which we probably shouldnt have done but 3 quarters of the ground were City and we were just jubilant after seing our club return from the brink of death. Have there been any more? Certainly none in the 25 years I've been a fan....

Reading away 1984

20 hours ago, Sir Colby-Tit said:

This incident was witnessed by a certain Mr Iran Berkeley, who was in Bristol that day. Mr B quite fancied getting out the car to spark out a couple of English hooligans, but was dissuaded by the cars other occupants!

you mean the blade?

6 hours ago, Wanderingred said:

OK my take on things: A celebratory pitch invasion inside your own stadium to celebrate promotion or securing a place in a major final is fine and has happened at pretty much every club in the country.

Away is not usually acceptable because its provocative and a bit disrespectful on another clubs turf imho. I can only think of twice when we've done it... The first was a mutual good natured celebration with Coventry fans... The second was at Chester which we probably shouldnt have done but 3 quarters of the ground were City and we were just jubilant after seing our club return from the brink of death. Have there been any more? Certainly none in the 25 years I've been a fan.

As for invading the pitch at Wembley. Moronic, who the hell does that in this day and age? The tone of it was sinister and hostile as well with fans getting in the faces of Bradford players. I know our fans arent the best behaved but I'm very sure we will never run on the pitch to goad opposition players at f****ing Wembley!

I think the Millwall problem is a vicious circle. They are almost expected to play up by the media, so they do... Which then leads to them being condemned further, which in turn leads to them playing up to their reputation more and more.

Listening to Tony Cascarino on Talksport this am, he said about 1000 Millwall fans stayed away from Wembly because they knew what some of the fans were going to do

9 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Exactly. The Beeb love to show re- runs of Hereford on the pitch, and even Scotland in the 70s . As my granddad was at the 1923 FA Cup final I'm assuming he was one of the first ever pitch invaders at Wembley :)

I can't recall any outrage over the invasion (while the game was still being played) that led to what is arguably the most famous bit of football commentary ever.

I think sensibilities were a bit different in 1923, and not without good reason.

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

What game was that Mike ?

I don't remember that 

I'm in there. I can remember what I was wearing, being a bit of a scooter boy at the time , I'm the one in a flight jacket. Which was handy, we walked along the back of the stand to see who was there, nobody took much notice of us as most of them were wearing the same. We were told it was Pompey as their game was called off. Went back to the other ed and they came in throwing hot tea and slapping everyone, City grouped up on the pitch and ran down the other end and that section seemed to clear quickly. Think it carried on after with squaddies in the town. I think they let the dogs on the pitch to clear it, but it was 33 years ago.

Just now, archie andrews said:

Aldershot 83 bbsb....pretty mad day I was there

Glad you said that Archie , I was struggling for a minute. As you say hectic. 

Just now, 1960maaan said:

I'm in there. I can remember what I was wearing, being a bit of a scooter boy at the time , I'm the one in a flight jacket. Which was handy, we walked along the back of the stand to see who was there, nobody took much notice of us as most of them were wearing the same. We were told it was Pompey as their game was called off. Went back to the other ed and they came in throwing hot tea and slapping everyone, City grouped up on the pitch and ran down the other end and that section seemed to clear quickly. Think it carried on after with squaddies in the town. I think they let the dogs on the pitch to clear it, but it was 33 years ago.

Glad you said that Archie , I was struggling for a minute. As you say hectic. 

iirc city got on pitch from the opposite side to where the away fans went ...iirc a tennis court fence got rearranged too behind away end the ground was /is in a public park

1 minute ago, archie andrews said:

iirc city got on pitch from the opposite side to where the away fans went ...iirc a tennis court fence got rearranged too behind away end the ground was /is in a public park

As you look at the first pic, we were in the enclosure you can see at the far left end with more in the open end adjacent .

Just now, weepywall said:

Think I may be in that pic from Aldershot, mate of mine who was also inspecting the pitch got a bite on the ass from a police dog.

Glad I didn't dream the dogs, I must have been a bit quicker than your mate, I remember hurdling the fence into our enclosure. 

40 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

alder.jpg.fc2d96fcd807939eefc69d7a23f18d26.jpgalder2.jpg.8f10a04b94585cae7b2c4802f437cc17.jpg

Brentford below

69062_477599689253_7053210_n.jpg?oh=8b61

Wow, so people condemning Millwall for a minor pitch invasion may have to accept that we've been doing the same for years - eh @Wanderingred ?? 

Chester away, Coventry away, Swindon at home, Blades at home, Gas at home, Brentford away, Reading away, Aldershot away...etc...

But let's all criticise Millwall again...

8 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Glad I didn't dream the dogs, I must have been a bit quicker than your mate, I remember hurdling the fence into our enclosure. 

My mate was as about as rapid as a steam roller, think he still has the scars from the police dog !!!

6 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Wow, so people condemning Millwall for a minor pitch invasion may have to accept that we've been doing the same for years - eh @Wanderingred ?? 

Chester away, Coventry away, Swindon at home, Blades at home, Gas at home, Brentford away, Reading away, Aldershot away...etc...

But let's all criticise Millwall again...

I think it just seems worse cause it's Wembley. I've been to the new Den 2 or 3 times and they've come on the pitch towards us every time. Funny thing is, I remember one time where Police and stewards ringed the pitch as they could see what was coming, then just let everyone by to come up our end and throw coins. I'm just surprised, as we were threatened by the FA, that they have not had sanctions as it seems to happen a lot. Or is it just when we go there?

Archived