IGNORED

We have to finish in the top ten

reddogkev

Finishing top ten is a good ambition to have but when you look at these 9 teams who arguably have ambition of finishing play offs or higher you know its isn't going to be that easy. This list does not even include the play off losers from Monday. Aston Villa, Derby, Fulham, Hull, Leeds, Middlesbro, Norwich, Sheff Weds and Sunderland

40 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Don't tell the rest on here but I'm ITK on this one. 
This was actually LJ's PlanB. Obviously he stuck with plan A until it clearly wasn't working, and then stuck with it some more , and some more.
but then, after sticking with it some more he implemented PlanB . The rest as they say is history.
Just remember ,
keep it between you and me as they might try it earlier next year and we don't want to alert the other teams to our secret plan :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

No wonder Balderick is City, with all his cunning plans! 

*ssshhhhhhh - they'll hear us!

3 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

Don't tell the rest on here but I'm ITK on this one. 
This was actually LJ's PlanB. Obviously he stuck with plan A until it clearly wasn't working, and then stuck with it some more , and some more.
but then, after sticking with it some more he implemented PlanB . The rest as they say is history.
Just remember ,
keep it between you and me as they might try it earlier next year and we don't want to alert the other teams to our secret plan :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Next you will be telling me that another of LJ's strategies is to tell our goalies to try and save shots on target - bloody foreign ideas will never catch on in this country!

On 5/21/2017 at 10:45, Robbored said:

With SL being such a successful business man I'm sure he'll have met loads of "yes men" all trying to engraciate themselves. 

I don't think LJ falls into that category. Why would he?  :dunno:

Because we hired a head coach. LJ purely handles the coaching, whereas Mark Ashton and the board dictate player recruitment.

The five pillars took us down to League 1 once before, and they nearly did it again this season. Until we either sign a proven manager, or the board build a proper strategy outside of "invest in youth, and sell if they're any good", we'll continue to sink like a stone in this league.

On 5/20/2017 at 22:46, reddogkev said:

This should be our number 1 objective this time - no messing about near the bottom, but making serious progress and placing our marker for the play-offs.

It's high time for City to kick on in this league and start building for promotion, in the style of Brighton.  We have to be serious about forming a competitive, hungry squad, equipped to do some serious damage, and instil the winning mentality again. 

Time we start to appreciate that City should be a big club in the Championship, and have to abandon any lesser notions - even the common quip of looking for consolidation.  Consolidation is on par to a lack of ambition.

I challenge the club to take this league by the scruff of the neck.  As it stands, I can't quite afford a season ticket this forthcoming season, but I want to be put into a position where I will absolutely have to get my hands on one for a possible promotion campaign the one after.

And for the Fans to get 100% behind them!!!

On 21/05/2017 at 16:50, john from high littleton said:

Sighhhhhhhhhhh! 

Yep, I also "Sighhhhhhhhh!" when some of our fans readily accept mediocrity and choose to react like you do to those who are urging the club to move on.

Perhaps some of our fans are more ambitious than you and really want us to move on rather than accept yet another rumble with relegation under the 'leadership' of a hapless head coach...

A proven manager at this level with a track record of success, that's all I want. You are obviously happy to settle for less.

Each to their own, not a crime to want different things....

1 minute ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yep, I also "Sighhhhhhhhh!" when some of our fans readily accept mediocrity and choose to react like you do to those who are urging the club to move on.

Perhaps some of our fans are more ambitious than you and really want us to move on rather than accept yet another rumble with relegation under the 'leadership' of a hapless head coach...

A proven manager at this level with a track record of success, that's all I want. You are obviously happy to settle for less.

Yawnnnnnnnnnnn! 

Just now, john from high littleton said:

Yawnnnnnnnnnnn! 

I love the fact that the pro LJ crew just won't debate any alternative scenario! They don't want proven guys at the helm, they are happy to support under-achievement....not an attractive trait.

Instead they post trash like 'sigh' and 'yawn' - with no ability to demonstrate insight to back their man...oh well...enjoy the summer....

On 2017-5-22 at 22:38, BS4 on Tour... said:

I love the fact that the pro LJ crew just won't debate any alternative scenario! They don't want proven guys at the helm, they are happy to support under-achievement....not an attractive trait.

Instead they post trash like 'sigh' and 'yawn' - with no ability to demonstrate insight to back their man...oh well...enjoy the summer....

Snore!!!!!!!! 

Bit of a myth that he signed all these young players for the future?

Let's not forget he also signed Tomlin, Hegeler, Taylor, Djuric, Geifer, Matthews, Magnusson, O'Neil, Wright, Patterson, Cottrell. Plenty of senior pros listed there.

The only youngsters who look capable of stepping up on current viewing are O'Dowda and Brownhill.

This is an important transfer window this summer which will ultimately make or break LJ's future. Lessons need to have been learnt.

On 22/05/2017 at 22:32, john from high littleton said:

Yawnnnnnnnnnnn! 

On 22/05/2017 at 22:38, BS4 on Tour... said:

8 hours ago, john from high littleton said:

Snore!!!!!!!! 

I do love articulate, considered and thought provoking debate :cool:

Just a dream to finish top ten under LJ sadly. Next season will be no different from the one just gone. Some got carried away by a few good games at the start of the season and a few at the end.

On ‎22‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 22:28, BS4 on Tour... said:

Bit of a judgement there?

I don't accept mediocrity, and believe City are a club with the potential to challenge at the top end of the table, so want to see us do that.

However, I also believe Lee Johnson is the man that could take us there.

10 hours ago, Dynamite Red said:

Bit of a myth that he signed all these young players for the future?

Let's not forget he also signed Tomlin, Hegeler, Taylor, Djuric, Geifer, Matthews, Magnusson, O'Neil, Wright, Patterson, Cottrell. Plenty of senior pros listed there.

The only youngsters who look capable of stepping up on current viewing are O'Dowda and Brownhill.

This is an important transfer window this summer which will ultimately make or break LJ's future. Lessons need to have been learnt.

Giefer, Matthews both loans, not signings as they are no longer our players. Cotterill another loan. Nicely picking and choosing a few, but ignoring the majority.

Patterson is 25, 24 at time of signing, hardly ancient. Not a 'youngster' but not the same category as O'Neil, Tomlin, Hegeler, Djuric or Taylor.

Speaking of which, for 2 of those it was their first experience of English football, an adjustment period is often required.

Magnusson is only recently turned 24, he has 2-3 years at least, before he is at his best. "Youngster" again, not really the right fit, but is he the final package as a player? Absolutely not. On a spectrum of a footballers career he is much nearer "young" than "old".

The majority of the players signed permanently are nearer the 'young' end. They are still going to improve, even the less 'young' such as Magnusson and Paterson.

Some may not make it with us, that is a risk taken when signing the youngsters. But in Smith, Moore, Lucic and De Girolamo, we do have a few that should be knocking on the first team door in the next 24 months.

Add in Engvall, who will ideally return in July having had a great first half of the season in Sweden and carry his form across.

Though it is also patently obvious that some people choose to ignore that players develop when it comes to looking at the signings made.

15 minutes ago, ooRya said:

Bit of a judgement there?

I don't accept mediocrity, and believe City are a club with the potential to challenge at the top end of the table, so want to see us do that.

However, I also believe Lee Johnson is the man that could take us there.

I said 'some of our fans readily accept mediocrity' - not sure how that can be seen as an inaccurate judgment when there are people on here for example who've described the season that just ended as a good season and other such terms.

We finished one win above a relegation spot, calling that good is accepting mediocrity...

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I said 'some of our fans readily accept mediocrity' - not sure how that can be seen as an inaccurate judgment when there are people on here for example who've described the season that just ended as a good season and other such terms.

We finished one win above a relegation spot, calling that good is accepting mediocrity...

OK fair enough.

It just seemed that you were implying that anyone that is happy for LJ to remain in charge was happy to accept mediocrity.................

2 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

Giefer, Matthews both loans, not signings as they are no longer our players. Cotterill another loan. Nicely picking and choosing a few, but ignoring the majority.

Patterson is 25, 24 at time of signing, hardly ancient. Not a 'youngster' but not the same category as O'Neil, Tomlin, Hegeler, Djuric or Taylor.

Speaking of which, for 2 of those it was their first experience of English football, an adjustment period is often required.

Magnusson is only recently turned 24, he has 2-3 years at least, before he is at his best. "Youngster" again, not really the right fit, but is he the final package as a player? Absolutely not. On a spectrum of a footballers career he is much nearer "young" than "old".

The majority of the players signed permanently are nearer the 'young' end. They are still going to improve, even the less 'young' such as Magnusson and Paterson.

Some may not make it with us, that is a risk taken when signing the youngsters. But in Smith, Moore, Lucic and De Girolamo, we do have a few that should be knocking on the first team door in the next 24 months.

Add in Engvall, who will ideally return in July having had a great first half of the season in Sweden and carry his form across.

Though it is also patently obvious that some people choose to ignore that players develop when it comes to looking at the signings made.

I am just adding some balance to the notion he has only signed youngsters. There have been many senior pros signed permanently and on loan for big money and wages.

The others young players you have mentioned most seem to need alot of progression to get anywhere near the current squad and I am not overly confident we will see any of them establishing themselves in the 1st team from the reports I have read and club officials I have spoke to. No point building a team for the future to end up back in League 1.

Just now, Dynamite Red said:

I am just adding some balance to the notion he has only signed youngsters. There have been many senior pros signed permanently and on loan for big money and wages.

The others young players you have mentioned most seem to need alot of progression to get anywhere near the current squad and I am not overly confident we will see any of them establishing themselves in the 1st team from the reports I have read and club officials I have spoke to. No point building a team for the future to end up back in League 1.

Please point out any post where someone said "only young players were signed"

4 hours ago, Super said:

Just a dream to finish top ten under LJ sadly. Next season will be no different from the one just gone. Some got carried away by a few good games at the start of the season and a few at the end.

But it shouldn't be a dream, that should be our challenge to the club, to make this football team a top one in the Championship.  If LJ doesn't look capable of doing that, then let's move him on.  But he should have at least until November, and if we are in the lower depths of the table, then I'd expect the club to be brave and bring in someone with the required skills.

We have the stadium, the city size, the potential massive fan base, no other team within our region to challenge us.  If I had the money of SL, I'd find the formula to get City into the Prem.

Just now, reddogkev said:

But it shouldn't be a dream, that should be our challenge to the club, to make this football team a top one in the Championship.  If LJ doesn't look capable of doing that, then let's move him on.  But he should have at least until November, and if we are in the lower depths of the table, then I'd expect the club to be brave and bring in someone with the required skills.

We have the stadium, the city size, the potential massive fan base, no other team within our region to challenge us.  If I had the money of SL, I'd find the formula to get City into the Prem.

I agree with you but it's not happening under LJ.

Archived