IGNORED

Class from Scotty

Charlie BCFC

Just now, BS15_RED said:

Anyone seen the melt saying we've got no history? Because they one the League Cup in 1969 and played one disastrous season in the Prem nearly 25 years ago, We can't criticise them! Swindonian logic is even more strange than gas logic!

Won the League Cup and still a smaller club than City, Rovers, Oxford and Reading.

8 minutes ago, BS15_RED said:

Anyone seen the melt saying we've got no history? Because they one the League Cup in 1969 and played one disastrous season in the Prem nearly 25 years ago, We can't criticise them! Swindonian logic is even more strange than gas logic!

It was  massive achievement for them to get to the Prem , you can't deny them that .

For the League Cup , I would have been happy to win that , even if it was a ' Mickey Moyse ' competition at the time .

Let's be generous, they can have their past but for us the future is brighter.

19 minutes ago, BS15_RED said:

And then tried to weasel out of it by coming out with the `football started in 1992` line for which he was roundly shot down! Apparently it was a `different format` prior to 1992 - what was that then, 15 a side or something?

22 minutes ago, BS15_RED said:

They're pretty pathetic, but I wouldn't go THAT far.

Don't ever let a Swindon fan tell you their history is better than ours. They only crawled out of the bottom two divisions for the first time ever in the mid 1960s.. By which time we'd already played top flight football, reached an FA cup final and won 5 divisional titles.

They won the league cup in the mid 1960s when it wasnt even considered a major trophy. Finalists at that time included Rotherham United, Rochdale and an Aston Villa team who were playing in the third division.

Yes they were better than us for a spell from circa 1986 to 2000 and reaching the Premier League was a decent achievement (not as decent as the two successive relegations that followed it though) but we'll take their one season in the top flight and raise them nine!

The way they go on, you'd think they had some sort of decorated history that went back to the 1890s. They don't. They are a crappy little market town club with a chip on their shoulder and I am absolutely delighted that they will be playing League 2 football with Forest Green, Cheltenham and Newport next season.

17 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Let's not forget the November League One trophy. 

Haha! If only they'd played to the end of that season instead of stopping in Nov, things might have so different for them......oh hang on, no they wouldn't! We'd still have finished top of the league and they'd still be where they belong...in the bargain basement of L2!

So long Swindle!! Forever shite!

Being a City supporter brought up in Melksham I hate Swindle more than the SAGS. In 1969 everyone at school was suddenly a Swindle fan and my summer was nothing like that of Bryan Adams. I am happy they can't match our years in top flight football, our FA Cup final appearance, 3 football league trophy wins, and that our future is significantly brighter, but you can't deny history. This was their short golden age. After beating an Arsenal side in the League Cup final that should have smashed them, in 1970 they won the Anglo Italian cup which I guess equates to our Anglo Scottish trophy or Welsh Cup win.  

I'm sure they'll feel like a 'big club' when they have to visit Forest Green next year.

Honestly; even with three automatic promotion slots and a playoff place to boot, I expect Swindon to be playing League Two football in the 18/19 season.

The shambles that was their management situation last season doesn't suggest they will be top tips for going straight back up.

Just now, samo II said:

I'm sure they'll feel like a 'big club' when they have to visit Forest Green next year.

Honestly; even with three automatic promotion slots and a playoff place to boot, I expect Swindon to be playing League Two football in the 18/19 season.

The shambles that was their management situation last season doesn't suggest they will be top tips for going straight back up.

Is the lack of class I can`t stand. Remember their fans abusing the MK Dons disabled team at a motorway services? Or disrespecting the minutes silence for the Bradford fire victims at PNE the year we won the league?

Had to laugh at this on their forum

Volunteering for medical research !!!

That should confuse the drug companies

Perhaps it's to get to the bottom of 6 fingers and eight toes

http://thetownend.com/index.php?topic=56926.0

' Hi guys, just completed a medical trial as a paid volunteer. I think it is a good means of making some dough if you are unemployed. I met stfc in Bournemouth and saxon stfc whilst I was there. You have to tell them you have no drink issues, just lie about it, and if stfc in Bournemouth gets through then we all can  Beers'

IMG_1139.JPG

Just now, BobBobSuperBob said:

Had to laugh at this on their forum

Volunteering for medical research !!!

That should confuse the drug companies

Perhaps it's to get to the bottom of 6 fingers and eight toes

http://thetownend.com/index.php?topic=56926.0

' Hi guys, just completed a medical trial as a paid volunteer. I think it is a good means of making some dough if you are unemployed. I met stfc in Bournemouth and saxon stfc whilst I was there. You have to tell them you have no drink issues, just lie about it, and if stfc in Bournemouth gets through then we all can  Beers'

IMG_1139.JPG

They`ll be selling body parts next! I guess once you`ve squeezed all you can from sending your sister out down Manchester Road you need some other way of affording your crack habit.

1 hour ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Being a City supporter brought up in Melksham I hate Swindle more than the SAGS. In 1969 everyone at school was suddenly a Swindle fan and my summer was nothing like that of Bryan Adams. I am happy they can't match our years in top flight football, our FA Cup final appearance, 3 football league trophy wins, and that our future is significantly brighter, but you can't deny history. This was their short golden age. After beating an Arsenal side in the League Cup final that should have smashed them, in 1970 they won the Anglo Italian cup which I guess equates to our Anglo Scottish trophy or Welsh Cup win.  

"Something in the air" was number 1 in the summer of '69, so not all bad for you

1 minute ago, B1ackbird said:

Who was that Swindon fan who used to post on here? He was alright..

Rich he married a City girl, nice lad 

I find it hard that Cotts wants the job after everything he said about them after our home game, imagine Wade Elliot going back as his assistant 

1 hour ago, Red Right Hand said:

They`ll be selling body parts next! ........

& why shouldn't they?

Ffs .. if you could make £ 'four digit' figures and end up with the normal number of fingers and toes on your hands and feet wouldn't you?  

A 'nailed on' win win' money maker if you ask me, even if it is a little near the knuckle for some, (plus the bonus of being able to wear gloves instead of mittens for the first time in their lives what's not to like?)  :) 

1 hour ago, Bullbag said:

So you wish we'd never of played in the top flight in the 70's? Four years in the big time and you'd trade it for one miserable season in the jumped up PL? 

The league cup wasn't all that back then, I think reaching the FA cup final is a better achievement.

Only a kid when we was in top flight . Fa Cup a little earlier I believe. 

Can City make the prem in my life time ?

18 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

They are still bitter about our Aden too aren`t they? What is `we banged out Aden Flint` actually mean. I guess it translates as `we sold him for **** all to a rival where he has since become a legend`.

Surely he was "banged out" by Alfreton Town?

Archived