IGNORED

John Terry

RaspberryRed

Just now, CotswoldRed said:

I've said the same on here about other players. 

Do you think Ryan Giggs would have stayed at Man u if they'd been relegated to League 1? Gerrard at Liverpool etc. 

Loyalty is easy in the top flight when they are printing money for you. 

A few years back Brian Tinnion was second in the `current players` list of appearances for the same club to Ryan Giggs which sort of proves your point.

9 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

The reason for 22 years at the same club, earning over £100k a week just up the road from your family. 

And he supported Man united, once. 

Nonsense

So you are suggesting that his loyalty was purely down to Chelsea constantly offering him the highest wages and ......living locally

:whistle:

:laughcont:

I actually dont mind the guard of honour etc and they should remember a club legend same as liverpool did with Gerrard and united with Giggs but taking him off on 26 mins was pretty embarrassing.

Great player, great captain but bit of a a***. I can imagine getting took of on 26mins was his doing, its the kind of thing the arrogant so and so would do.

His mum must be very proud, lets hope she can keep her knickers on tonight...

20 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Colorful enough to rob England of a full back, after boning his mates Doris.

Hardly any loss was he - put in the worst performance I've ever seen from a full back in an England Shirt (Croatia iirc)

Agree with your point about a mates missus but think Bridge had a lucky escape there and ended up with Frankie Sanford as a consolation - how awful 

:yawn:

2 hours ago, Luxo Jr. said:

I know that. Still very strange. If you were playing your last game for the club you've played for for years, you'd want to play at least the first half.

He said in his post game interview that the manager wasn't going to play him but he wanted to play so they came to a compromise that he'd play but be subbed on 26 mins - his squad number...

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Loyalty doesn't come into what ?

Think it's great to see a player who genuinely loves his club , Gerrard another

Wasn't Gerrard all set to join Chelsea before some local gang offered to relieve him of his kneecaps if he did? 

Just now, BRISTOL86 said:

Wasn't Gerrard all set to join Chelsea before some local gang offered to relieve him of his kneecaps if he did? 

Bit like the 'death threats' LJ allegedly had

Had plenty of occasions he could have moved - Real or elsewhere 

Liverpool through and through

5 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Would it not have been a bit more classy though to bring him on for ten minutes at the end and all this could have been done on the final whistle.

Yes,  maybe.  But class isn't something that Chelsea are particularly rich in.  In fact, I heard John Terry described as their "spiritual leader" which seems about right. 

7 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Would it not have been a bit more classy though to bring him on for ten minutes at the end and all this could have been done on the final whistle.

Why not play the whole game?

Just now, Red Right Hand said:

No wonder Tammy wanted to come down here for a bit of culture and civilization.

Yes, Tammy loved it down here! 

The saying "money can't buy class" is demonstrated perfectly by the west end wide boys of Chelsea.  Crass not class!

18 minutes ago, WTFiGO!?! said:

Yes,  maybe.  But class isn't something that Chelsea are particularly rich in.....

Disagree, they treat the Chelsea Pensioners with huge respect, looking after them and ensuring they get free entry to Stamford Bridge. 

In case anyone is unaware, Chelsea Pensioners is the term for ex British Army members who reside at the Royal Hospital nursing home in Chelsea. They get free entry to Chelsea games when they are able to attend, they were asked to form a guard of honour when Chelsea won the league in 2005 and Chelsea had red on their kit in the 2010-2011 season as a nod to the trademark scarlet coats worn by the Chelsea Pensioners.

To me, all that is class...

3 hours ago, RaspberryRed said:

Given a guard of honour when subbed DURING Today's game. Apparently organised by himself. I thought he couldn't get more embarassing :facepalm: MASSIVE ****

Watched your clip and saw nothing wrong with his team mates applauding him off. How do you know he organised it. It would seem a pretty normal thing to happen. Has been a great player for Chelsea.

8 minutes ago, redandy1 said:

Watched your clip and saw nothing wrong with his team mates applauding him off. How do you know he organised it. It would seem a pretty normal thing to happen. Has been a great player for Chelsea.

He pre-arranged to get subbed on 26 minutes but he didn't arrange the guard of honour.

10 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Disagree, they treat the Chelsea Pensioners with huge respect, looking after them and ensuring they get free entry to Stamford Bridge. 

In case anyone is unaware, Chelsea Pensioners is the term for ex British Army members who reside at the Royal Hospital nursing home in Chelsea. They get free entry to Chelsea games when they are able to attend, they were asked to form a guard of honour when Chelsea won the league in 2005 and Chelsea had red on their kit in the 2010-2011 season as a nod to the trademark scarlet coats worn by the Chelsea Pensioners.

To me, all that is class...

I agree that is a class touch, and the first I heard of it.  It's good to hear of professional football clubs serving their communities, it should be a given.  

The false-idolism and self-worship generally experienced with pro-footballers and their clubs isn't classy, though.  Not just Chelsea, we're guilty too.

Just now, WTFiGO!?! said:

I agree that is a class touch, and the first I heard of it.  It's good to hear of professional football clubs serving their communities, it should be a given.  

The false-idolism and self-worship generally experienced with pro-footballers and their clubs isn't classy, though.  Not just Chelsea, we're guilty too.

Totally agree, footballers have generally finished their working day at lunchtime during the week....to then give a few hours to support their communities and the people who help fund their lavish and privileged lifestyles doesn't seem too much to ask to me...

Just now, BS4 on Tour... said:

Totally agree, footballers have generally finished their working day at lunchtime during the week....to then give a few hours to support their communities and the people who help fund their lavish and privileged lifestyles doesn't seem too much to ask to me...

I think we`re pretty good as a club. Those involved with CHSW for instance speak very highly of our support and the players when they visit don`t seem to be doing it because they have to. I`m sure other clubs do equally well, it understandably doesn`t get publicised outside of their local area which is fair enough..

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

He said in his post game interview that the manager wasn't going to play him but he wanted to play so they came to a compromise that he'd play but be subbed on 26 mins - his squad number...

Very suprised Conte pandered to such ego plumping arrogance

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Hardly any loss was he - put in the worst performance I've ever seen from a full back in an England Shirt (Croatia iirc)

Agree with your point about a mates missus but think Bridge had a lucky escape there and ended up with Frankie Sanford as a consolation - how awful 

:yawn:

Which means I didn't end up with Sanford.

That Terry? Absolute rotter.

Archived