IGNORED

Tammy returning to BS3??

RaspberryRed

Just round at a Chelsea mates house and for my penance I have had to put up with Chelsea TV on in the background. Pleased to hear Tammy get mentioned a few times in dispatches by Pat Nevin no less who seems very in with the club and I don't know if he has an official role still there.

They were talking about what a small squad they had and how man United have suffered from injuries this year and their squad is apparently massive.

At which point they had a telephone caller who mentioned them being light on strikers and hoped on Tammy returning. At which point Pat Nevin jumped in and said that for the start of next season he was more than happy to go with Costa & Batshuayi. That he wouldn't like to see Tammy come back and sit on the bench until the tough winter months and that he would be much better served coming back to Chelsea after the January premiership transfer window has closed, as he needed further playing time and experience at his current level so he could see him coming back in at that point

At no point did he say he was staying at city but his words regarding further playing time at his current level definitely put a big smile on my face.

Let's be honest it makes perfect sense to keep him at the club where he is already settled and has done a fantastic job as have the club with his development. All this talk of speaking to Chelsea about keeping didn't have me biting in the slightest as I didn't think there was any chance but this has definitely made me think it could be a distinct possibility

Oh Tammy Tammy

34 minutes ago, The Exiled Robin said:

He'll go out on loan again but not to us. Chelsea will want progression

Can't see Chelsea minding him getting another 20+ and adding more £££ on.

20 with us or 20 with Newcastle this year wouldn't make a bit of difference to Chelsea. In fact I think people have noted it more because it's with us. 

If he were to be made available to a championship club I think we'd stand as good a chance as any. It's clear we have made an impression on him. 

But I think both he and Chelsea will feel he could give the Prem a shot with someone.

51 minutes ago, RaspberryRed said:

Just round at a Chelsea mates house and for my penance I have had to put up with Chelsea TV on in the background. Pleased to hear Tammy get mentioned a few times in dispatches by Pat Nevin no less who seems very in with the club and I don't know if he has an official role still there.

They were talking about what a small squad they had and how man United have suffered from injuries this year and their squad is apparently massive.

At which point they had a telephone caller who mentioned them being light on strikers and hoped on Tammy returning. At which point Pat Nevin jumped in and said that for the start of next season he was more than happy to go with Costa & Batshuayi. That he wouldn't like to see Tammy come back and sit on the bench until the tough winter months and that he would be much better served coming back to Chelsea after the January premiership transfer window has closed, as he needed further playing time and experience at his current level so he could see him coming back in at that point

At no point did he say he was staying at city but his words regarding further playing time at his current level definitely put a big smile on my face.

Let's be honest it makes perfect sense to keep him at the club where he is already settled and has done a fantastic job as have the club with his development. All this talk of speaking to Chelsea about keeping didn't have me biting in the slightest as I didn't think there was any chance but this has definitely made me think it could be a distinct possibility

Oh Tammy Tammy

Just...don't 

I think we've got a better chance than we'd allow ourselves to think.

Guess it depends where Chelsea see him in terms of development, if they think he's ready for Prem football then obviously he'll go to a team in that league.

If they think he's not quite ready and want him playing every game at Championship level, I think we've got a fantastic chance. The fact that no London area clubs were relegated is a big advantage for us in that respect. 

It's also possible they'll send him out to Holland to play in the top league that isn't quite Prem standard.

I'm sure we will be enquiring at the very least.

8 hours ago, fRed said:

He's going to Swansea.

That's not his level yet and wherever he goes Chelsea will want him starting every game that's for sure. He needs game time not the experience of being a sub. 

So where's he going?

Would obviously love it, but think both his parent club and the lad himself will be looking to test him at a higher level, be that here or abroad.

I'd actually not be terribly surprised if he got a chance at somewhere like WBA or Southampton next year; people might scoff at midtable Premier League teams taking him on, but don't forget that is where Lukaku was farmed out to at that age, and he ended up making Chelsea some serious scratch once he'd proven himself at that level.

I hope that is the route the boy goes down, rather than the Bamford vanishing act, and while I'd be over the moon if we got him back, personally I think it's more likely someone such as Iké Ugbo might be more realistic - get a reputation for blooding Chelsea's talented young forwards in first team football; that's not a bad relationship to have (as long as we can parley that in to success of our own, of course).

28 minutes ago, Super said:

No idea where he is going but certainly wont be here.

I don't think it's that unlikely really. Depends where Chelsea want him to be playing.. we've got a lot in our favour.. he clearly got on well here, appears to have enjoyed it, developed and improved as a player AND he played as much as he could. 

This is a tough league, probably overall better for his development than playing for Vitesse or someone. I would say, if they are aiming him at playing Championship football, we'd be one of the frontrunners in this league. If Tammy has any say in it, I like to think we'd be his choice in this league.

I could see why they'd want him at Fulham or QPR given their proximity and the potential for him to train at Cobham too.. but I think we've got a reasonably good chance.

I'm not convinced there's many teams in the Premier League where he'd be a guaranteed starter, which is clearly what Chelsea want. A team like Bournemouth would be a good move for him though in my opinion.

I suppose it also depends how he gets on for England U21s in the Euros. If he has a good tournament then a lot of clubs will be queuing up. My concern is that he's played a full season in the Championship and then Euros and back into a league season. Not much of a rest for a young lad. I think we would take good care of him and know his physical condition from being with us where others may not have that data?

Here's hoping anyway that he comes back for another season!

He will of course have a ton of interest. But the reality is, he is still a bit of a gamble for the premier league next season. He will most likely only be on the outside of the squad at chelsea, so he needs games elsewhere. 

So he goes on loan again. And the championship makes sense. Especially if just until Jan - if he goes to the championship, it's guaranteed football. It worked here for him before, why not another few months? We'd have a great chance. 

If he goes to the someone like Bournemouth or Swansea, and it doesn't quite take off, he won't be given many chances before he finds himself warming the bench for weeks on end. It's a risk. Teams fighting for relegation won't want to be blooding other teams youngsters, if, they aren't scoring many goals. I'm sure Tammy has the confidence though, but it's a risk - he could stagnate for a year, lose value and reputation. 

Summary: come back to us, at least until Jan, then reassess in the summer. :yes:

31 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

'Certainly'?  Really?

If he goes out on loan there is at least a possibility it will be to us, so I don't see you can say that he 'certainly' won't come to us, unless you have inside information.  Do you?

Nope no inside info but sure they would want him to be playing at a higher level next season. Tammy certainly doesn't think he will be back.

I am still recovering from the Tomlin love in last summer, when this place went nuts over him to sign, and he worked us just fine. Now Tammy, if we are to progress we do need to unearth our own talent and not go over board with other clubs players, sure Tammy was great, but we need to say thanks, and move on.

Actually we dd have a excellent striker at the club in Kodjia, if the club are serious about progression, that's the sort of player we needed to keep.

Just now, Dollymarie said:

Struggle to see Chelsea loaning him out to another prem team cos he'd be in competition with them then. 

Fair point but if he went to one of the lower Premier League clubs he wouldn't be a threat to them. In fact, if anything he'd potentially be doing Chelsea a favour by scoring plenty against their big rivals, helping whoever he's playing for take points off the bigger teams. 

I still reckon a move to a Swansea, Bournemouth or Southampton type club is the most likely outcome.  

12 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Struggle to see Chelsea loaning him out to another prem team cos he'd be in competition with them then. 

He is hardly going to go to Chelsea's main rivals next season.

I guess it comes down to how much football and what standard Chelsea want him to play next season. He'd get 40-50 games with us next year at our level. Not sure if he is ready for a full Prem campaign but if anyone can make the step up, with his record, you wouldn't be surprised to him hit the ground running.

I think we would still be the best placed Championship club to take him next year but i think he will move on to bigger and better things.

Read a report somewhere that said Chelsea had doubled his (rumoured weekly wage) to something like 50grand with a new contract...

What sort of percentage contribution of wages would be 'normal' for a hosting club to pay towards the costs of a loaned player? .... & what would be acceptable to a club in our position? ... would a costly loan player on high wages cause friction among existing senior players for instance?

I've no idea myself, just a thought.

3 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

Read a report somewhere that said Chelsea had doubled his (rumoured weekly wage) to something like 50grand with a new contract...

What sort of percentage contribution of wages would be 'normal' for a hosting club to pay towards the costs of a loaned player? .... & what would be acceptable to a club in our position? ... would a costly loan player on high wages cause friction among existing senior players for instance?

I've no idea myself, just a thought.

Depends on each basis I suppose. If they were loaning him to a Prem club they might expect 100% of wages plus a huge loan fee - if they wanted him to get more experience at this level, they'd probably be more reasonable.

I'm sure we'd be prepared to pay 15-20k per week and guarantee he starts every week for a player like Abraham, close to 40%. They might rather that than a Prem club paying 100%, a seven figure loan fee but no appearance guarantee. That sort of shortfall isn't a big deal in the scheme of things to a club like Chelsea if they see it as best for Abraham's development.

Archived