IGNORED

David Luiz - Gifts to Team Mates

Maesknoll Red

1 hour ago, Rob k said:

Football wages are no different to a lot of other peoples who are in the top 1% of their profession.

its his money and he can do what he likes with it, nobody ever slags off SL for being minted so why do footballers get it?

There aren't many professions that pay out four or even five figured sums PER WEEK. Top medics may earn £75-150,000 PER YEAR.  The prime minister Is on about £120,000 PER YEAR, I believe and is continually slagged off.

The salaries of the top 1% of educators, nurses, police etc etc pale into insignificance even compared to what mediocre Championship players earn.

Top bankers don't earn what your average pro-footballer does and are regularly slagged off. The same goes for lawyers.

Steve Lansdown does get regularly slagged off.

The nation is currently generally inbittered due to living cost increasing and quality of life dropping.  

I grant you it's each individuals choice how they spend their money, but equally there is a choice to mock and express outrage.

6 hours ago, WTFiGO!?! said:

There aren't many professions that pay out four or even five figured sums PER WEEK. Top medics may earn £75-150,000 PER YEAR.  The prime minister Is on about £120,000 PER YEAR, I believe and is continually slagged off.

The salaries of the top 1% of educators, nurses, police etc etc pale into insignificance even compared to what mediocre Championship players earn.

Top bankers don't earn what your average pro-footballer does and are regularly slagged off. The same goes for lawyers.

Steve Lansdown does get regularly slagged off.

The nation is currently generally inbittered due to living cost increasing and quality of life dropping.  

I grant you it's each individuals choice how they spend their money, but equally there is a choice to mock and express outrage.

SL does not get slagged off anywhere near to the extent footballers do, in fact I've never heard him slated for earning what he does, 

There are hundreds of examples of people earning what Footballers do (Barclays CEO up to 8.25m a very quick google search shows) and the last time I looked there wasn't 80000 people paying to watch a surgeon complete an operation so of course they won't earn the same money.

1 hour ago, Rob k said:

SL does not get slagged off anywhere near to the extent footballers do, in fact I've never heard him slated for earning what he does, 

There are hundreds of examples of people earning what Footballers do (Barclays CEO up to 8.25m a very quick google search shows) and the last time I looked there wasn't 80000 people paying to watch a surgeon complete an operation so of course they won't earn the same money.

Bankers are considered the scum of the earth.

Also, it's far more than 1% in football earning ridiculous money.

How many people watching your work was not part of your original argument, either.

This was the very first article  I found - £162,000 per year puts you in top 1% in 2015.  

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/how-much-britains-top-1-10026811.amp

There's City players on more than that!

I'm happy to agree to disagree and can't argue all day :)

Archived