IGNORED

I hate Computers

Markman

ok - so the saga goes on - I have I tunes on my Pc and about 20000 songs in it - but I have never registered as an Apple I Tunes user as I have bought music or imported my CDs etc - some may havbe been tracks from the old days when you got stuff free - if I register for Apple ID - it asks for a payment method - but I doubt I will buy anything and will they hunt my system and say not sure you ever paid for this etc - most tracks will just be from my CDs and imported

2 hours ago, Markman said:

ok - so the saga goes on - I have I tunes on my Pc and about 20000 songs in it - but I have never registered as an Apple I Tunes user as I have bought music or imported my CDs etc - some may havbe been tracks from the old days when you got stuff free - if I register for Apple ID - it asks for a payment method - but I doubt I will buy anything and will they hunt my system and say not sure you ever paid for this etc - most tracks will just be from my CDs and imported

That is the problem with a "something for nothing" approach to life - at some stage there is always a bill to pay!  On a serious note, they always ask for card details in case you want to go and buy stuff - I doubt if they will be looking at historic transactions, so you should be safe! Anything you buy from itunes may be charged infuture unless it is a free app.  

I rang Apple and asked them - said they had given me I Tunes as a Library free (they agreed) and then said we want you to become registered - even though you do not need to - so we first to get purchases from you - the person I spoke to had no idea what happened to existing music think I will leave it

1 hour ago, Markman said:

I rang Apple and asked them - said they had given me I Tunes as a Library free (they agreed) and then said we want you to become registered - even though you do not need to - so we first to get purchases from you - the person I spoke to had no idea what happened to existing music think I will leave it

Not an Apple person at all but doing a quick Google for "export music from iTunes" seems to offer some possible solutions. Get your music out and dump iTunes all together.

29 minutes ago, Gazred said:

Not an Apple person at all but doing a quick Google for "export music from iTunes" seems to offer some possible solutions. Get your music out and dump iTunes all together.

I wonder if that would work for Government as well.....

9 hours ago, Markman said:

The vast majority of my iTunes collection are from dubious sources. 

I have an an iTunes account and all my pre-existing and new stuff I add to the collection remain there on your computer. 

Its just a way for you to sign up so so you can 'buy' through them instead of elsewhere like amazon for example. 

59 minutes ago, cider11 said:

The vast majority of my iTunes collection are from dubious sources. 

I have an an iTunes account and all my pre-existing and new stuff I add to the collection remain there on your computer. 

Its just a way for you to sign up so so you can 'buy' through them instead of elsewhere like amazon for example. 

On that note, maybe you can help me. I have two iPods, one has music mostly from not legitimate sources on it, the other iPod is all purchased either via iTunes or when I've bought a physical CD and uploaded that to iTunes to put on the iPod. 

If I wanted to put everything on one iPod, how do I get round putting the non legitimately purchased songs onto iTunes?

(Hope that makes sense!)  

Apple devices and iTunes...

Its a simple copy/paste both ways on Android, I love Android. None of this apple "Your iPod is registered to a different iTunes library, Do you want to delete all files and sync to this library instead?" nonsense.

My quote isnt word for word but that is the general gist of it. So glad Google made Android so open, you can copy/paste/drag and drop anything on there and vice versa using just file explorer, no media app needed.

To @Dollymarie: I have no idea if this is out of date (considering I havent used iTunes for flipping years) but iTunes did when I last used it "see" non legitimately gotten songs on your computer, and should upload them to the iPod. Put all the songs into one folder, and have iTunes scan the folder for songs, should show up. However as I have said, I havent used it in YEARS, so I dont know if iTunes now blocks such songs or what? You say you have one iPod with songs non legitimately gained so it must be possible, surely its a sync transfer isnt it? Hook it up, copy and paste job? Or does it complain saying it isnt synced to the PC and wants to delete all the files?

On 22 May 2017 at 11:44, Markman said:

Most of my iTunes was imported from my CDs. I only bought one CD off there and one single (The Wurzels - One for the Bristol City). I also had some music copied from my friend's music collection. I'm registered but they never questioned where I got it from. My mac died in October and I can't get it off unless I pay for recovery (which I will do sometime). I don't tend to download music, prefer a hard copy. 

On 22/05/2017 at 22:32, Dollymarie said:

On that note, maybe you can help me. I have two iPods, one has music mostly from not legitimate sources on it, the other iPod is all purchased either via iTunes or when I've bought a physical CD and uploaded that to iTunes to put on the iPod. 

If I wanted to put everything on one iPod, how do I get round putting the non legitimately purchased songs onto iTunes?

(Hope that makes sense!)  

Any music you have can be put into one iTunes library regardless of where it was acquired. Just drag and drop from windows explorer/finder (if Mac user) into iTunes and it'll add it to your library. 

39 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Any music you have can be put into one iTunes library regardless of where it was acquired. Just drag and drop from windows explorer/finder (if Mac user) into iTunes and it'll add it to your library. 

But won't it be able to tell I got it from not licensed means? A few I think I even managed to get on the iPod after recording them from the radio. That's how old the songs are :blink:

19 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

But won't it be able to tell I got it from not licensed means? A few I think I even managed to get on the iPod after recording them from the radio. That's how old the songs are :blink:

If didn't seem to mind some of my 'home made' files dol

Archived