IGNORED

Yeovil Pre-season Friendly Announced...

Septic Peg

9 hours ago, ciderbeans said:

Pointless. Need better competition to get them match ready for the level they will need for our league.

would also be good to have some high profile home friendlies to draw crowds in

Why is that pointless for first game of the season, seems reasonable to me, what do you want Real Madrid & see us get thrashed?

10 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I hope we carry on playing pre season games vs non pro teams in Bristol like the games v Brislington, Portishead, Hengrove, Backwell etc....really good for cementing relations, showing support and good PR - would be better to let those teams keep all the funds generated on the day though...

Im fairly sure against Hengrove we  paid most of the costs and gave them our old dug outs which were probably worth a few hundred quid?

Just now, BS4 on Tour... said:

Fair play, but wasn't there an issue at the game vs Brislington where we insisted on a cut of the refreshment and/or bar takings?

There was a statement on asschat to that effect but I think it was rubbished and it was suggested that BCFC deal with the poster making the allegations as it was widely believed on there.

Fair play, but wasn't there an issue at the game vs Brislington where we insisted on a cut of the refreshments and/or bar takings?

I think that was because a percentage of the gates go to the whole league, I don't believe that was City's money.

Just now, Red Right Hand said:

I think someone may have read it on there and then asked on here if it was true or not - a long time ago though so I`m probably totally wrong about that.

No worries, I'd hope it was false and we used those fixtures to really support the local non pro sides...no reason why we wouldn't surely?!

No worries, I'd hope it was false and we used those fixtures to really support the local non pro sides...no reason why we wouldn't surely?!

I can`t see us being petty enough to demand a few quid, we`re better than that. As you can imagine though it was lapped up by the other lot.

Just now, Red Right Hand said:

I can`t see us being petty enough to demand a few quid, we`re better than that. As you can imagine though it was lapped up by the other lot.

We may have been asked to stump up for Tomlin's pie consumption from the refreshment van, told them to do one and it all went bang off....

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

The money is a drop in the ocean for BCFC for sure. I think the Hengrove chairman said the money would keep them healthy for the next few years.

Edit. Found the article here. 

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/hengroves-future-boosted-by-community-match-3178812.aspx

Most of the top clubs have full schedules in the US and Asia.

Liverpool are playing tonight here in Sydney as they haven't even started their holidays yet.

The days of getting a big name friendly are over unless you are willing to break the bank, leaves you lower level Prem teams or smaller European teams. Neither going to draw a big crowd.

Archived