IGNORED

Moyes

Super

2 hours ago, Super said:

I think any manager would have struggled replacing SAF at United. I agree I can see him in the Championship next.

Agreed, even LVG demonstrated he couldn't do the job, and that was with financial backing. Moyes was left to hang out to dry at United.

29 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Well this is what I just read from a Sunderland fan on twitter.

Or i would like johnson from bristol city play lovely football and could build something special.

Unless it's Steve lansdown in disguise 

Sold.

Just now, RedM said:

Why thank you Peg, I hadn't considered that positive approach. Since I heard I've been going around muttering and kicking everything that moves, or doesn't. I've cancelled my weekend away in Sunderland mentally, that's one bloody fixture I won't be looking for now!

I actually feel quite depressed. I fully believe he will take a job at a Championship club now, it's the only way to rebuild himself unless he goes to Scotland. But I also believe we won't have the guts or the drive to go and get him, THAT'S the depressing thing, he's going yo slip through our fingers again. #MakingRedMGutted

Don't worry M. The Sunny want LJ so we can do swapsies. It's all good!

No thanks, he looks a broken man, hasn't recovered from his (in my view) unfair treatment @ Man Utd, he's had a complete 'mare in Spain with Real Sociedad and now he's lacked any sort of desire, drive, ambition etc to do something with Sunderland.  Good stadium, great fanbase, albeit competing directly with Newcastle & Middlesbrough.

When he says he knew after 2 games that they (Sunderland) were in a relegation battle, he didn't do anything about it.  He didn't gamble in the transfer market in January, he merely went back to players who weren't wanted by other clubs or didn't have clubs, who had previously worked with him @ Everton.......players best their best, who nothing new to offer, and that was his sole contribution to trying to keep Sunderland in the Premier League.  At least Marco Silva @ Hull gave it a go, and ironic that Hull's 0-2 loss to the Black Cats was the real death knell to their own survival ambitions.  Paul Clement went into Swansea and went back to basics, got some wins and built some momentum.  Moyes didn't do any of that.  Even when they won 4-0 away at Palace, then promptly lost 4-0 the following game.

He didn't do anything different or inspirational, always came out with the same old 'we needed to take our chances', 'we needed to score first', 'we need to get some confidence'....etc, etc.  I don't think he ever truly believed that he could do anything, borne out by the fact they were in the bottom 3 all season.  And if you have to rely on John O'Shea to command your defence, that's the end.  Only Defoe and Pickford come out of their season with any grace and merit.

Could well be the end of his managerial career.

9 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Nearly all his Sunderland signings were utter garbage, his team repeatedly turned in truly awful displays and he came across as either delusional

Ironically everything LJs detractors cite as his failings and then they clamour for Moyes who has to be one of the most uninspiring and unsuccessful managers in recent history :blink:

4 minutes ago, BanburyRed said:

No thanks, he looks a broken man, hasn't recovered from his (in my view) unfair treatment @ Man Utd, he's had a complete 'mare in Spain with Real Sociedad and now he's lacked any sort of desire, drive, ambition etc to do something with Sunderland.  Good stadium, great fanbase, albeit competing directly with Newcastle & Middlesbrough.

When he says he knew after 2 games that they (Sunderland) were in a relegation battle, he didn't do anything about it.  He didn't gamble in the transfer market in January, he merely went back to players who weren't wanted by other clubs or didn't have clubs, who had previously worked with him @ Everton.......players best their best, who nothing new to offer, and that was his sole contribution to trying to keep Sunderland in the Premier League.  At least Marco Silva @ Hull gave it a go, and ironic that Hull's 0-2 loss to the Black Cats was the real death knell to their own survival ambitions.  Paul Clement went into Swansea and went back to basics, got some wins and built some momentum.  Moyes didn't do any of that.  Even when they won 4-0 away at Palace, then promptly lost 4-0 the following game.

He didn't do anything different or inspirational, always came out with the same old 'we needed to take our chances', 'we needed to score first', 'we need to get some confidence'....etc, etc.  I don't think he ever truly believed that he could do anything, borne out by the fact they were in the bottom 3 all season.  And if you have to rely on John O'Shea to command your defence, that's the end.  Only Defoe and Pickford come out of their season with any grace and merit.

Could well be the end of his managerial career.

He certainly has to be very careful with his next club. His reputation he had build up from Preston and Everton is now in tatters, by accounts he was told by many not to take the sunderland job.

Can see him going the way of Brown and taking a league 1/2 club and trying to bring them up.

As good as a manager he has been, not sure I would want him at city right now

2 hours ago, Bullbag said:

People saying they'd rather have Johnson than a decent manager in Moyes really must have lost their minds.

Unbelievable.

Only at this club, I despair.

People saying they'd rather have a washed up relic clearly on the way out of management over a young up and coming manager must have lost their minds.

Unbelievable.

Only at this club, I despair.

Regardless of Moyes' ability, at Sunderland he was on a hiding to nothing.

Anyone who knows anything about football knows the club is rotten and has been heading for relegation for years now.

The club is in a mess - £140m in debt, 8 managers in 6 years. 

He did well to walk now because I can't see them bouncing back next season, wouldn't be surprise if they have a worse season than Villa this. 

4 hours ago, bris red said:

I think its best Moyes had a break from football management indefinitely IMO. Been a disaster for him since leaving Everton. Call it a day Moyes, you cant need the dolla surely..

He wasn't any worse than Van Gaal for Man U was he? His career ain't been great since Everton but it hasn't been a disaster for his bank account!

24 minutes ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

Thought he was quitting straight away at the end of the season. IMO. he's used this as the excuse he needed to get out . This is not a comparison to LJ . But moyes doesn't excite me as a manager. 

4 hours ago, Taz said:

Many will probably say that they would prefer him here instead of Johnson,  but would we end up with a Danny Wilson scenario, whereby we bring someone in with Premiership experience, and never be able to make that last step up?

Not really a fair comparison, Danny Wilson was a premier league manager for one season, Moyes had ten years at Everton before his stints at Man U and Sunderland....

29 minutes ago, cynic said:

Nope.

He fkd it up.

Aside from PNE and Everton, his record is shite.

How? He was left with an aging squad. Given no backing by the board to bring in new signings. Van Gaal fkd up by spending the money and buying shite. Even Jose has struggled this season, improvement yes. Whoever was taking over Fergie was destined to fail without huge financial backing.

United have gone from a tight core of players under Fergie, to now catching up with other clubs by spending big. They'll never replicate the style under Fergie again. Players who aren't world class individually, but come together as a world class team. 

15 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

SL also said he wouldn't sell Kodjia to another championship club....

Villa are a Prem club stopping off in the Championship and 11 million-15  or whatever it is ... well I think it's snap your hand off time tbh

Just now, AppyDAZE said:

Villa are a Prem club stopping off in the Championship and 11 million-15  or whatever it is ... well I think it's snap your hand off time tbh

Totally agree, we couldn't turn that down, still, why say we wouldn't sell him to a team in the same division when we did?! A bit silly...

Just now, BS4 on Tour... said:

Totally agree, we couldn't turn that down, still, why say we wouldn't sell him to a team in the same division when we did?! A bit silly...

He's been a bit sillier than he used to be old Steve..  but he has done a lot of good

Archived