IGNORED

Moyes

Super

12 hours ago, Bullbag said:

People saying they'd rather have Johnson than a decent manager in Moyes really must have lost their minds.

Unbelievable.

Only at this club, I despair.

My thoughts exactly. Absolutely bonkers! 

Van Gaal's first season was better than that of Moyes. Of course he spent more- but over the 2 years the average net spend was not dissimilar- when you split it on a year by year basis.

Plus youth he brought though- I would suggest Van Gaal did a better job but not by much and neither were great. Van Gaal had a much better record in big games too- especially first season.

11 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

SL also said he wouldn't sell Kodjia to another championship club....

C o d g e r was sold for silly money. SL would have been crazy to turn £15m down and JK wanted to leave City anyway.

There has been unrealistic talk of Moyes on here previously.

Not so unrealistic now, it  must be possible he would come here if promised the funds to build a decent team capable of getting us into the Premiership.

As @Alessandro says above, Moyes was on a hiding to nothing at Sunderland, and although I do think he made an uncharacteristic mistake in saying his side were not good enough, you'd have to be on cloud cuckoo land to believe that LJ would stand a better chance of getting us into the Premiership.......

........ not to at least sound him out would be tantamount to a dereliction of duty!

3 hours ago, NickJ said:

There has been unrealistic talk of Moyes on here previously.

Not so unrealistic now, it  must be possible he would come here if promised the funds to build a decent team capable of getting us into the Premiership.

As @Alessandro says above, Moyes was on a hiding to nothing at Sunderland, and although I do think he made an uncharacteristic mistake in saying his side were not good enough, you'd have to be on cloud cuckoo land to believe that LJ would stand a better chance of getting us into the Premiership.......

........ not to at least sound him out would be tantamount to a dereliction of duty!

I imagine Moyes won't rush back into management at this stage. 

Should next season start badly and LJ goes, I imagine we would be just the kind of job Moyes might want to take.

However we have a manager, so until he leaves, not much point worrying about others!

4 hours ago, Yozzarian said:

I wouldn't want him anywhere near the Gate.  Great at Everton but displaying more incompetence than LJ at his worst last season.  Stick with LJ now and see where we are after 10 games.

I can't remember him taking Sunderland on a record losing run and taking the piss out  of the fans by jumping up and down at the end of the season like he won somthing

People seem to still be overlooking Moyes stint at Sociedad.

November 2014- takes over a team who finished 12th, 4th, and 7th the last 3 seasons. Cup runs too.

Ok he inherits them in a tight spot and doesn't do too badly for a while. Won 9 Drew 10 Lost 8 in League- not bad and gets them to 12th. Actually did ok...for a time.

Next season is when it unravels though! That constitutes a decent start and Sociedad give him £18.24 million net spend, plus 4 loan signings- including 3 who are first team ready. He immediately downplays top 6 on the eve of the season and it unravels from there.

He is sacked roughly a year later with 2 wins in 11 games,

By the way that's decent transfer budget for a side like Sociedad plus the loanees- and he failed abysmally, team collapsed in fact.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2581252-is-david-moyes-spanish-adventure-at-real-sociedad-coming-to-an-end

One for @NickJ who certainly sings his praises on here?

56 minutes ago, Robbored said:

JK was spelt by me phonetically if that's what you're getting at.....but I am guessing.

Phonetically misspelt by you. 

17 hours ago, Mtimmy11 said:

I can't remember him taking Sunderland on a record losing run and taking the piss out  of the fans by jumping up and down at the end of the season like he won somthing

This is true, but his relentless defeatism is not something I want. I'd rather LJ's positive demeanour even though I was very much in the Johnson Out camp for a while there.

15 minutes ago, Yozzarian said:

This is true, but his relentless defeatism is not something I want. I'd rather LJ's positive demeanour even though I was very much in the Johnson Out camp for a while there.

there is positive and there is completely delusional with nowt to back it up

Archived