IGNORED

Moyes

Super

Surprised at this in some way, after the sacking of United, and the strange job taking Sociedad, it was always likely Sunderland were getting relegated. But would of given him a chance to take the club back up first time, proving he still has the quality to be a very good manager. 

Resigning now, I would be surprised if any other PL club touched him again. Perhaps though, the owners were not willing to invest the money to rebuild Sunderland. So I can understand him leaving if that is the case.

However, I think he has lost that zag since leaving Everton.

Just now, Red_Wizard said:

Surprised at this in some way, after the sacking of United, and the strange job taking Sociedad, it was always likely Sunderland were getting relegated. But would of given him a chance to take the club back up first time, proving he still has the quality to be a very good manager. 

Resigning now, I would be surprised if any other PL club touched him again. Perhaps though, the owners were not willing to invest the money to rebuild Sunderland. So I can understand him leaving if that is the case.

However, I think he has lost that zag since leaving Everton.

I think any manager would have struggled replacing SAF at United. I agree I can see him in the Championship next.

If we had a chance at getting Moyes, I'd happily rent a limo and chauffeur him from Sunderland to Bristol myself.

Sure, his career has stalled since Everton, but think about it this way. He did just as good at Man Utd as LVG and Mourinho, despite having a ton of money at his disposal, he tried to take the Steve McClaren approach by trying management outside of England, and Sunderland have been described as the shit that wouldn't flush for the better part of five years.

I doubt he'd get another role in the Premier League, so if LJ doesn't work out next season I'd love to see Lansdown take him on as a manager.

Damaged goods since leaving Everton. The Man Utd job was a poisoned chalice for anyone taking over from Fergie, so getting the boot from there was to be expected (although many would have expected him to be there for longer).

The Sunderland job was his chance to start rebuilding his career, and it hasn't worked out. Perhaps they wanted/expected him to do what he did with Everton - who knows.

I think his next move needs to be thought out very carefully, as it could make or break his career. Personally I wouldn't be surprised to see him take charge of a higher Championship side, and rebuild from there. 

Many will probably say that they would prefer him here instead of Johnson,  but would we end up with a Danny Wilson scenario, whereby we bring someone in with Premiership experience, and never be able to make that last step up? Then again bringing in Moyes would certainly attract a lot of players....

None of this matters anyway, because Johnson will not be going anywhere until at least November, depending on whether we have another disastourous run or not!!

Just now, Taz said:

Damaged goods since leaving Everton. The Man Utd job was a poisoned chalice for anyone taking over from Fergie, so getting the boot from there was to be expected (although many would have expected him to be there for longer).

The Sunderland job was his chance to start rebuilding his career, and it hasn't worked out. Perhaps they wanted/expected him to do what he did with Everton - who knows.

I think his next move needs to be thought out very carefully, as it could make or break his career. Personally I wouldn't be surprised to see him take charge of a higher Championship side, and rebuild from there. 

Many will probably say that they would prefer him here instead of Johnson,  but would we end up with a Danny Wilson scenario, whereby we bring someone in with Premiership experience, and never be able to make that last step up? Then again bringing in Moyes would certainly attract a lot of players....

None of this matters anyway, because Johnson will not be going anywhere until at least November, depending on whether we have another disastourous run!!

I think we all know LJ will choose when he leaves.

3 failures in a row...but maybe he could drop to Championship and prosper?

Typed in Moyes Sociedad to twitter just now, one result that came up- who knows where it's substantiated- but was interesting.

the sociedad players called moyes the energy vampire.

He didn't help matters at Sunderland- fine line between being downbeat and realistic, if gloomy. When he declared them in a relegation scrap after 2 games that doesn't help. Too honest for his own good?

Just now, Mr Popodopolous said:

3 failures in a row...but maybe he could drop to Championship and prosper?

Typed in Moyes Sociedad to twitter just now, one result that came up- who knows where it's substantiated- but was interesting.

He didn't help matters at Sunderland- fine line between being downbeat and realistic, if gloomy. When he declared them in a relegation scrap after 2 games that doesn't help. Too honest for his own good?

He wasn't backed at Sunderland not sure many managers would have kept them up this season.

Just now, cynic said:

He's a far better Everton manager than LJ will ever be.......but thats about it, failed miserably ever since leaving them.

He should have done a Wenger and just stayed and stayed.

I don't think you can blame him for managing one of the biggest clubs in the world. That chance was never going to come around again.

Just now, Super said:

He wasn't backed at Sunderland not sure many managers would have kept them up this season.

Sunderland I might agree. Though arguably he got less backing than Hull's managers had and they made a better fist of survival all things considered. £18.1 million net spend in the summer- I appreciate it came down to close to zero in January (from a quick look at wikipedia). Loaning out one of their more creative players-- one of not many there with a  bit of spark Jermain Lens wasn't the best decision either.

Agree about taking the opportunity of one of the biggest clubs in the world- who wouldn't take such an opportunity? As you say it wouldn't come around again.

Sociedad though...foreign league but he by and large did an appalling job there.

He must have lost a lot of his love for football recently. It's hard to feel sorry for him when he talks so much **** but he's in a pretty bad place right now, in football terms.

If LJ doesn't work out next season, he would definitely be one of my top choices to be in charge, despite his recent failures. Personally I'd normally prefer a younger, more forward-thinking manager but a man of his experience could do a great job here. I think coming to a club that he (I'd assume) has a soft spot for could do him the world of good, and help get his love for management back. He'd certainly give his all here, I think. He also has some great footballing contacts which is always helpful in the Championship.

18 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Well this is what I just read from a Sunderland fan on twitter.

Or i would like johnson from bristol city play lovely football and could build something special.

Unless it's Steve lansdown in disguise 

Clearly he has not watched us much!

Still, if we lost our 'up and coming head coach who has attracted interest from Premier League clubs' to Sunderland, they can look forward to a record breaking losing run, personal verbal attacks on players and no acceptance of getting things totally wrong!

But somehow I suspect he is not going to get the job!

Not getting involved in the LJ bit but there is no doubt that Moyes has badly damaged his reputation over recent years.

Not so much in his brief time at Man U where he had a thankless task in taking over from a serial trophy winner (and without the benefit of favourable refereeing decisions the way Ferguson could always virtually rely on them) but definitely at Sociedad and Sunderland.

If his time in Spain wasn't great, this season was an absolute disaster.

Nearly all his Sunderland signings were utter garbage, his team repeatedly turned in truly awful displays and he came across as either delusional, often claiming they had been better than they were or a fatalist, seemingly accepting the inevitability of relegation months ago.

Logic would dictate The Championship is where he should be managing now but the atmosphere at Sunderland was poisonous towards him by season's end so I'm not sure there will be many takers out there any time soon.

2 hours ago, Septic Peg said:

@RedM is currently doing cartwheels inbetween sending tweets to as many Lansdown family members as possible...

Why thank you Peg, I hadn't considered that positive approach. Since I heard I've been going around muttering and kicking everything that moves, or doesn't. I've cancelled my weekend away in Sunderland mentally, that's one bloody fixture I won't be looking for now!

I actually feel quite depressed. I fully believe he will take a job at a Championship club now, it's the only way to rebuild himself unless he goes to Scotland. But I also believe we won't have the guts or the drive to go and get him, THAT'S the depressing thing, he's going yo slip through our fingers again. #MakingRedMGutted

Archived