IGNORED

Pulis

GrahamC

Just now, GrahamC said:

Said today "what Wales needs is Cardiff City back in The Premier league"

What a**** he is.

A man who's whole existence seems to be trying to spoil everyone's enjoyment of anything.

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

Said today "what Wales needs is Cardiff City back in The Premier league"

What a**** he is.

Sorry, what has it he said there that makes him a ****?

I stand by view that if he had stayed at City we would have been back in the second tier within two or three years, rather than wasting six years with the lamentable Danny Wilson and the (regrettably) inept Brian Tinnion.  What Gary Johnson did in 2006, Pulis started to do in 1999, but he was never forgiven for his Gas connections.  His record since has been astonishing.

3 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

I stand by view that if he had stayed at City we would have been back in the second tier within two or three years, rather than wasting six years with the lamentable Danny Wilson and the (regrettably) inept Brian Tinnion.  What Gary Johnson did in 2006, Pulis started to do in 1999, but he was never forgiven for his Gas connections.  His record since has been astonishing.

Yeah he plays boring footy but he's got results I guess, should've got Moyes  

3 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

On want he did with us (and his next two jobs afterwards) there is absolutely no evidence for this theory at all.

He spent a ridiculous £425k on Steve Jones, who apart from being completely shite (7 goals for that outlay) was a very divisive figure at the club & so we then spent the following two years trying to give him away for free.

He spent over £300k on Billy Mercer, he played less than 30 league games for us and was then out injured (and paid) for another two years.

He paid £200k for Beadle, gave him a very lucrative three and a half year contract and in exchange we got a pathetic 14 league goals in 3 1/2 years...

Spent £200k on Paul Holland, another who retired through injury after less than 30 games but was on our wage bill for two years plus.

Signed John Burns from Forest, one of the worst "footballers" I have ever seen.

Gave the injury prone (!) Paul Mortimer a two year contract, gave Gerard Lavin a three year contract, then he tried to sack him after his debut..

No wonder on that evidence gas call him Agent Pulis and that shite we endured throughout his horrible time in charge bears absolutely no resemblance at all to how quickly Gary Johnson turned us around.

His record at Pompey (after us) was also pretty shit and he then managed Argyle, achieving very, very little there, either before finding his feet with his thuggish, hoofball rubbish at Stoke. 

He has made a reputation for playing the dullest, most basic football on the planet which I accept in the world of staying in The Prem at all costs is a skill, but even leaving aside the stuff like going into meetings with his chairman (whilst at Gillingham) with a tape recorder hidden in his trousers or getting a very expensive solicitor to successfully avoid him getting a deserved driving ban, I simply find him as obnoxious as anyone in football.

He's got it wrong. What Wales needs is a great big melting pot. Big enough, big enough to take the world and all its got and keep it stirring for a hundred years or more and turn out Pulis kind of managers by the score (one for the older forumers)

Wasn't there a story that Tiny Penis signed players from his previous clubs knowing that he would receive a percentage of the sell-on that the the selling club would then owe him?  Screwing both clubs with one transaction.

45 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

On want he did with us (and his next two jobs afterwards) there is absolutely no evidence for this theory at all.

He spent a ridiculous £425k on Steve Jones, who apart from being completely shite (7 goals for that outlay) was a very divisive figure at the club & so we then spent the following two years trying to give him away for free.

He spent over £300k on Billy Mercer, he played less than 30 league games for us and was then out injured (and paid) for another two years.

He paid £200k for Beadle, gave him a very lucrative three and a half year contract and in exchange we got a pathetic 14 league goals in 3 1/2 years...

Spent £200k on Paul Holland, another who retired through injury after less than 30 games but was on our wage bill for two years plus.

Gave the injury prone (!) Paul Mortimer a two year contract, gave Gerard Lavin a three year contract, then he tried to sack him after his debut..

No wonder on that evidence gas call him Agent Pulis and that shite we endured throughout his horrible time in charge bears absolutely no resemblance at all to how quickly Gary Johnson turned us around.

His record at Pompey (after us) was also pretty shit and he then managed Argyle, achieving very, very little there, either before finding his feet with his thuggish, hoofball rubbish at Stoke. 

He has made a reputation for playing the dullest, most basic football on the planet which I accept in the world of staying in The Prem at all costs is a skill, but even leaving aside the stuff like going into meetings with his chairman (whilst at Gillingham) with a tape recorder hidden in his trousers or getting a very expensive solicitor to successfully avoid him getting a deserved driving ban, I simply find him as obnoxious as anyone in football.

Not a fan then? :) COYR

3 hours ago, Distortia said:

Maybe I'm missing something but I don't see what's wrong with what he said. Obviously I agree with the second part though.

What Wales needs is to improve the quality of its own league.

Won't happen but put Cardiff, Swansea and Newport* back in and you suddenly have 3 teams who could win the title, rather than TNS every year.** (&***?)

Even Merthyr would compete in their division!

*Yes, Newport are a weaker side than Cardiff & Swansea, but all 3 of those would smash the rest of the division. 

** I also realise that should those teams bugger off, then a lot of their players would leave, weakening them

*** Arent TNS on the English side of the border anyway? Chuck them at correct regional equivalent of Southern League. 

10 hours ago, GrahamC said:

I don't base my view on what he did while he was with us.  I base it more on what he thought of the situation at Ashton Gate, and what he has done since.  No doubt he would have changed the style of football we were used to at Ashton Gate, but I wonder what would have been better: the attractive but ultimately futile football of Danny Wilson, or the pragmatic, dull but possibly successful football that Pulis might have brought?

As to the signings above, Mercer was a top goalkeeper, and Holland a very decent midfield player, and who could have predicted their injuries?  Beadle was brought in as much for the dressing room as the pitch, and was successful in that respect.  When we signed Steve Jones I was working in London and many of my friends up there thought we had got a hell of a signing.  However, he just didn't gel, for whatever reason.  Less said about Burns, Mortimer and Lavin the better, but the fact is that what he was doing was very similar to what Gary Johnson did in his first few months, when he brought in a succession of journeyman players (including Bas Savage) to start turning the club round, before going for the players he really needed to succeed.  I think Pulis might have got us promotion in his second season, but I agree that the football wouldn't have been attractive to watch.

Its all about opinions of course but I think from my recollection he was arguably the worst manager we have had.

In my opinion he had a total disregard for the fans. Given his past connections, he even installed one of their ex players as his assistant.

For the amount of money he spent we had an extremely poor return.

In fairness to him Billy Mercer would have been a fantastic signing but for injury and the signing of Peter Beadle raised eyebrows at the time but I think that proved in time to have been a good signing despite his goal ratio. 

The football was diabolical. I recall being at Brentford on Boxing Day singing carols such was the turgid nature of the football/

Ask any West Brom fan they will tell you the same 

Have to echo the thoughts on Billy Mercer, he was top class, and I'm sure Holland would have been a more than decent player too, but for injury

As for the rest about Pulis, ugh. He's up there with H*lloway for me, every time they are on my tv or radio I turn it off. I was so happy when Radio Bristol said he'd walked out to take over at Portsmouth. In terms of highlights it's up there with Donowa and Anfield

Archived