IGNORED

Manchester Arena Explosion (Merged)

JasonM88

Just now, ZiderEyed said:

Sounds like terrorism then doesn't it. **** this world.

Being treated as terrorism, although we're being told to await further reports.  

News just in: second suspect device about to undergo controlled explosion.

19 confirmed dead.

If terrorism, how evil to target kids.  

The humanity shown apparently equals the horror of it, upliftingly.

No words, but I'll try.  I love Manchester, and the North, and my heart goes out to all those affected.  

The response by the emergency services and the British public excellent as always.

RIP and thoughts with all friends and family.

Confirmed 'so far' .... 19 dead ... around 50 injured . RIP

...targetting a venue full of kids and young people, what kind of depravity is that? ... lowest of the low, words can't describe the sick bastards in this World who think atrocities like this can in any shape or form be justified or acceptable, soulless inhumanity ....

Thoughts very much with the victims and families affected tonight by this despicable and depraved act of terrorism, (terrorism not yet officially confirmed but that's what it is... second device found and currently being dealt with)

3 minutes ago, WTFiGO!?! said:

Being treated as terrorism, although we're being told to await further reports.  

News just in: second suspect device about to undergo controlled explosion.

19 confirmed dead.

If terrorism, how evil to target kids.  

The humanity shown apparently equals the horror of it, upliftingly.

Absolutely sickening. Represents excellently the twisted, sick ***** behind this, if it is terrorism that is. To target not only innocent people, but children?

Absolutely devastating. A gig with mainly kids inside. 

Some vile bastards out there. 

Response, as said above by the emergency services was absolutely incredible. 

RIP to those who lost their lives :(

Horrible, horrible news.

Trying to stay calm and not point the finger at the likely culprits because there isnt any evidence for it yet.. But if it does turn out to be the case, this must be the absolute last straw. An arena full of children and teens... 19 dead. Just utterly heartbreaking, I have no words. :(

4 hours ago, EmersonsRed said:

Will certainly be interesting to see whom / what caused this. I understand terrorists want to cause terror but this is a very weird target indeed, if at all terrorism.

Weird target? Are you trying to tell me they actively try to avoid children in such acts? Pfft terrorists dont care who they kill, nor do "suicide bombers" as the latest report says it was done by one. Kids, teenagers, adults, their aim is to mass kill, they dont care.

Thoughts to all the families of the victims, sad a concert was such a scene of this horrific act.

Just now, East End Old Boy said:

We all know what it's like being searched going into an event and this took place at the end. This is something all event security will now take note of, so expect changes. But how do you stop a lunatic with a bomb strapped to him/her, if that was the case.

If reports are true and it was a suicide bomber, this happened at the END of the gig, should police cordon (check) everyone who happen to be just walking past? There is no manpower for this, not to mention it also happened next to the railway station, in the lobby joining the arena to the station infact. Did the bomber come by train? Should we check everyone entering train stations from now on? Maybe we should all stay home!

1 minute ago, CrazyInWeston said:

If reports are true and it was a suicide bomber, this happened at the END of the gig, should police cordon (check) everyone who happen to be just walking past? There is no manpower for this, not to mention it also happened next to the railway station, in the lobby joining the arena to the station infact. Did the bomber come by train? Should we check everyone entering train stations from now on? Maybe we should all stay home!

Who knows? The token check on entering Ashton Gate is just that, a token, but it is a show.

It's unlikely acts like this will ever be stopped and just hope never to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Just now, East End Old Boy said:

Who knows? The token check on entering Ashton Gate is just that, a token, but it is a show.

It's unlikely acts like this will ever be stopped and just hope never to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

True, but it puts emphasis to be worried while walking home/out of packed areas because they know they'd be checked if entering, why not wait till it ends and do it then? It now seems that we arent safe anymore, anywhere.

I am amazed by how strongly political correctness has affected people even on here; it's like 1984 and thought crime.

We can all wait a few days for the usual weasel words from the police: history of mental illness, attacking alone etc. etc.

Well I will say it: it was a muslim that killed these kids and they did it because they were a muslim.

Archived