IGNORED

Manchester Arena Explosion (Merged)

JasonM88

Stunned, shocked, sickened. I don't know where to start. Just an ordinary thing that so many of us attend without a care,  concerts, football, much the same. 

A big respect to all the emergency services who are dealing with horrific scenes. 

RIP to everyone who have lost their lives, thoughts are with the friends and families who have now got to try to come to terms with their loss, you never truly recover from something like this.

11 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I think this is going to be a real wake up call if the number of fatalities being talked about is true. 

Thoughts with the family and friends of those who lost their lives. 

Have that all to familiar feeling of upset and anger this morning. Absolute bastards.

It's horrendous mate - The  poor families out enjoying themselves with their kids.

22 innocent people killed. 

Used to think that the Provisional IRA were scum but the current crop of terrorists literally have no morals

A nail bomb at a concert packed with children and teenagers

The IRA would never have stooped so low

If I was in charge of this country , those plotting any kind of activity would simply 'dissapear'

Sickening, truly sickening

Thoughts with all those who have lost loved ones and those injured and affected

Today, fathers, mothers, sisters, brothers and friends will be devastated to find that their loved ones are dead or maimed.

And your message is:

1 hour ago, Eddie Hitler said:

I am amazed by how strongly political correctness has affected people even on here; it's like 1984 and thought crime.

We can all wait a few days for the usual weasel words from the police: history of mental illness, attacking alone etc. etc.

Well I will say it: it was a muslim that killed these kids and they did it because they were a muslim.

You certainly live in a dark world - I certainly won't be joining you there.

I cannot imagine the pain that is being felt by the families and friends of those affected by this atrocity. To try and express the sorrow I feel in words, feels in someway, trite. Suffice to say, I have tears in my eyes right now.

21 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Used to think that the Provisional IRA were scum but the current crop of terrorists literally have no morals

A concert packed with children and teenagers

The IRA would never have stooped so low

If I was in charge of this country , those plotting any kind of activity would simply 'dissapear'

Sickening, truly sickening

Thoughts with all those who have lost loved ones and those injured and affected

Sorry Bob but we as a country condemn Countries where this does actually happen.

9 minutes ago, reddoh said:

Sorry Bob but we as a country condemn Countries where this does actually happen.

We condemn countries who 'take out' terrorists ?????????

What do you propose - issue them with an ASBO ?

This isn't the place for a debate atm but personally I am more than comfortable with this thanks

The world has changed dramatically and 'turning the other cheek days' should be gone

Time to Wake Up reddoh

16 minutes ago, bcfcfinker said:

Today, fathers, mothers, sisters, brothers and friends will be devastated to find that their loved ones are dead or maimed.

And your message is:

You certainly live in a dark world - I certainly won't be joining you there.

I cannot imagine the pain that is being felt by the families and friends of those affected by this atrocity. To try and express the sorrow I feel in words, feels in someway, trite. Suffice to say, I have tears in my eyes right now.

Sorry but you're ignoring the truth here, and out of line. @Eddie Hitler is just as upset, and angry as all of us. However, the difference is he's not hiding from the truth, we all know who is already behind it. And it is time to stop pi**ing around the matter, and start to take action. This cycle will go on and on until proper protocols are followed.

And just to add, like yourself I woke up reading the attack trying to hold back tears of the thought of young children and families who have been caught up in this terror attack.

Regardless of what race/religion he or she was.

You cannot tar everyone with the same brush.

There are nutjobs in every country, every religion, every ethnicity.

Does everyone condemn every City supporter as a hooligan? No. Some are of course but not many.

The only way to deal with this monstrosity is to educate children. Show them how it is to be accepting and respecful. Show them that debate can be healthy and opinions can be discussed. And to show them that acts such as this are barbaric.

All that matters at this very moment are the people affected and the families and friends whom have lost their loved ones.

RIP.

1 hour ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Any such debate is for Off Topic but I do wonder what it will take for some people to wake up and small the coffee.

We all smell the coffee. But, one individual whether white, black, brown, christian, catholic, muslim, does NOT represent the rest.

Rip to all the victims, my heart goes out to all the parents who have lost children, no words can describe how they must feel this morning.

3 minutes ago, shelts said:

What a world we live in . Been to that venue . Why ?

It is impossible to fathom why anyone would target this event, which was known to be attended largely by young people and children.  What on earth do they think they are going to achieve?  The frightening thing is that when people value human life as little as these people seem to, what hope is there for any of us?  The only thing that saves humanity is a fundamental regard for the human race, and if that goes then what future is there for this planet?  The day may come when these people are detonating weapons that are a million times more powerful than the one which killed in Manchester last night, and when that happens there is no future.  My son is eight, and I fear for him.

I agree with both stances on here. It's indeed very important not to tar everyone with the same brush... But then its equally important not to ignore the facts. Religious fundamentalism, particularly the Islamic kind is an absolute poison to the human race. Education and scientific advancement will eventually wipe it out, but how many more people are going to die in its name until then?

Horrible event. Horrible doesn't really do it justice. RIP to all those who have lost their lives and I hope those who are wounded make a full recovery.

How the **** do you defend against this sort of thing? Especially in an open society which we are.

I don't want to get into a debate about terrorism and Islam but one point...if you look around the world lots of Muslims are victims to Islamic terrorism too so it's by no means black and white.

12 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

It is impossible to fathom why anyone would target this event, which was known to be attended largely by young people and children.  What on earth do they think they are going to achieve?  

Sadly these people's depravity knows no bounds and they intend , as all terrorism does , to undermine all our lives , which on the whole they do as many of us may change travel plans or what events we attend etc

They literally intend to terrorise

Because this particular group have literally zero human decency their targets are anything and everything - no boundaries

The fact that they made so much impact by killing children will Sickeningly Please them greatly

This 'War' on terror is like no other war we've ever fought

A change of rules required IMHO

2 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Well I will say it: it was a muslim that killed these kids and they did it because they were a muslim.

I train at the gym with a Muslim guy. He was appalled as I was.

his words not mine "why do people pervert religion and twist it into violence, for a 'cause' that is not written down in any of our holy texts. They are not Muslim, they are very very far from what it actually stands for"

3 hours ago, CrazyInWeston said:

If reports are true and it was a suicide bomber, this happened at the END of the gig, should police cordon (check) everyone who happen to be just walking past? There is no manpower for this, not to mention it also happened next to the railway station, in the lobby joining the arena to the station infact. Did the bomber come by train? Should we check everyone entering train stations from now on? Maybe we should all stay home!

Good point-were all bloody angry about this(plus other atrocities)and that's an understatement-the fact is the approach we are taking with this isn't working,were in a worse place now than the dark day of 9/11...

As well as the sterling/exhaustive work of the security forces we need to start thinking what else we can do.

A very determined/considered approach to work with communities maybe..

I'm devastated that someone could do this in a city I love to a building full of children and teenagers. I'm thankful that the people I know who were there (I work for Live nation, there were a lot of people I know there) are all accounted for and ok. But that doesn't remove the huge sense of loss and distress.

The city has a strange feeling this morning- A sense of defiance and mourning. Manchester has been here before and it came back stronger than ever. Whoever they were and whatever their motives Manchester will not be divided.

29 minutes ago, gl1 said:

his words not mine "why do people pervert religion and twist it into violence, for a 'cause' that is not written down in any of our holy texts. They are not Muslim, they are very very far from what it actually stands for"

I hate to be "that guy" and im sorry to call you out on this mate, but the bit in bold simply isnt true. The Quran absolutely calls for violence and death towards non believers. Its littered all over the place. Just read it.

Of course the vast majority of Muslims are kind peaceful people and would never condone violence but to say its not there isn't correct. Its a vengeful book that belongs in the period and place in which it was written. Ditto the bible.

Just now, Wanderingred said:

I hate to be "that guy" and im sorry to call you out on this mate, but the bit in bold simply isnt true. The Quran absolutely calls for violence and death towards non believers. Its littered all over the book. Just read it.

Of course the vast majority of Muslims are kind peaceful people and do not take everything in their holy book literally but to say its not there isn't correct.

I've never read it so I don't know. All I know is he abhors all this as much as you and I do. 

32 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

This 'War' on terror is like no other war we've ever fought

A change of rules required IMHO

The trouble is that some leaders react by declaring war on states, not on terrorists.  What is needed is for all nations to unite, and to put other divisions aside, but can anyone see that happening when people like Trump value the prosperity of their own little nation over the peace of the planet?

18 minutes ago, gl1 said:

his words not mine "why do people pervert religion and twist it into violence, for a 'cause' that is not written down in any of our holy texts. They are not Muslim, they are very very far from what it actually stands for"

There are many strands of islam.

There is the Ahmadiyya who reach out to all faiths.  These are the ones who sell poppies on Remembrance Sunday; this was the faith of the Glasgow shopkeeper who was murdered by another muslim.

There are the Shia; the major branch of reform islam.  This is the main faith or Iran.  Modern, open, reaching out to the west.  The Iran that was bizarrely identified as the main terrorist threat by Trump.  Mind when you are getting hundreds of billions of dollars of contracts from their enemy, Saudi Arabia, you play to the gallery. Money talks.

When you hear of blasts in mosques and massacres in Pakistan it is the Shia who are being killed by Sunnis.

Then there is Sunni.  Unreformed and 80%+ of muslims.  ISIS is Sunni.  Every muslim terrorist in Europe is Sunni.

And then there are the out and out death cults within Sunni islam.  Salafism and Wahhabism.

I will give you the unabridged Wiki description of that last:

The Wahhabi movement was created by Muhammad ibn Abd-al-Wahhab in the Arabian peninsula, and was instrumental in the rise of the House of Saud to power. The terms Wahhabism and Salafism are often used interchangeably, although the word Wahhabi is specific for followers of Muhammad ibn Abd-al-Wahhab. Wahhabism has been accused of being "a source of global terrorism"and causing disunity in Muslim communities, and criticized for destruction of historic sites by its followers.

This is the sect that Saudi Arabia exports to the world.  When they "donate" money for a mosque this is what they are exporting.

So when I say "muslims" it is to Sunnis and particularly their extreme branches to which I refer.

I would happily have an Ahmadiyya muslim living next door to me; they'd probably cut my grass and clean my car when I was out.  I would also be fine living next to a Shia; I have known Iranians in Britain.  All perfectly nice people.  They don't grow beards, wear pyjamas, and threaten people on street corners.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_schools_and_branches

And for those people who see it as just another interchangeable religion compare the founder of Christianity, Jesus Christ, who never even hit anybody, or Buddha with his peaceful contemplation of the universe, with good old Mo who had sex with a nne year old girl and killed many.  You don't need to look far for their inspiration.

Archived