IGNORED

Manchester Arena Explosion (Merged)

JasonM88

8 hours ago, YorkshireSection said:

Been back to the vigil again today, the silence was deafening and the number of flowers, balloons etc was truly moving.

Went for the first time yesterday as was in Manchester as you say very moving and makes you think about our world as it is today. 

What are people's views on the concert tonight. I agree we have to move on, but feel it's too soon after the Manchester incident and with London last night, I'm not sure it should go ahead and should be postponed to a later date. Thoughts?

19 minutes ago, daored said:

Went for the first time yesterday as was in Manchester as you say very moving and makes you think about our world as it is today. 

What are people's views on the concert tonight. I agree we have to move on, but feel it's too soon after the Manchester incident and with London last night, I'm not sure it should go ahead and should be postponed to a later date. Thoughts?

Apoarently a lot of people involved wont go as they say it is too soon.

16 minutes ago, daored said:

Tricky one. If it gets changed then you could argue the scum have won so on balance I think it should go ahead as planned - it does seem a bit soon after the event for me but I wasn`t involved so can`t really comment I suppose. If the people affected at OK with it then that`s fine with me is the best way to look at it.

One thing to remember also is that a lot of the injured could well need financial support immediately as they may not be able to work, drive, look after kids etc. and won`t be able to wait months for it.

6 hours ago, daored said:

Ariana Grande has spent this week at children's bed sides and meeting the families of those who were directly affected at their homes. I must admit id never heard of her before but she's gained so much love from people up here for her actions, all the money from tonight's gig will be going to the family's of those injured or killed at her concert. She's slso offered to pay for the funerals, I know she can afford it but she's gone along way to help and try to give back as much love as possible to Manchester a lot of people in her position wouldn't act with such humility. 

The City is ours, United we stand.

6 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

Tricky one. If it gets changed then you could argue the scum have won so on balance I think it should go ahead as planned - it does seem a bit soon after the event for me but I wasn`t involved so can`t really comment I suppose. If the people affected at OK with it then that`s fine with me is the best way to look at it.

One thing to remember also is that a lot of the injured could well need financial support immediately as they may not be able to work, drive, look after kids etc. and won`t be able to wait months for it.

She's looking after everyone affected with love and financial benevolence.

see my post above, she's an amazing young woman.

Just now, YorkshireSection said:

She's looking after everyone affected with love and financial benevolence.

see my post above, she's an amazing young woman.

It appears so mate, as you say she doesn`t need to do anything like this - it`s well above and beyond anything that could be expected of her. 

It does appear that it is her making these decisions as well rather than being `advised` to do it which does her great credit too.

My point re. the concert was that the sooner it happens the sooner the money can start reaching those who need it most rather than hold it in six months time and those poor folks having to struggle in the meantime just trying to live a normal life.

16 hours ago, YorkshireSection said:

Been back to the vigil again today, the silence was deafening and the number of flowers, balloons etc was truly moving.

I was in town on Friday for the first time since the attack and had a walk down to the square to have a look. Like you say, it was totally silent, everywhere else in the centre was bustling and business as usual then you had that little area that was reflective and respectful. 

The tributes are going to be moved in the next few days.

Just now, Slippin cider said:

As I suspected.....at least one of the London attackers were known to the authorities...:facepalm:

There are an estimated 3,000 on the MI5 watch list, there are an estimated 23,000 people who could pose a danger.

Sadly not all can be followed and watched on a 24/7 basis, only the tightening of anti terror laws will now have any effect.

3 hours ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

There are an estimated 3,000 on the MI5 watch list, there are an estimated 23,000 people who could pose a danger.

Sadly not all can be followed and watched on a 24/7 basis, only the tightening of anti terror laws will now have any effect.

Really? We can make the laws as tough as we like and I doubt it would make any difference because these people are prepared to pay with their lives.

8 hours ago, Up The City! said:

Really? We can make the laws as tough as we like and I doubt it would make any difference because these people are prepared to pay with their lives.

Not if anti terror laws were tightened to intern the most dangerous, to make new offences about promoting terrorism, tagging and other restrictions.

A security expert yesterday said it needs a team of 32 to monitor 1 suspect 24/7, that is plainly unsustainable.

Archived