IGNORED

Big Sam

Super

27 minutes ago, ziderheadarmy said:

Seems a decent bloke in person seen him in a few pubs in Chipping Sodbury high street over the last few years always happy to say hello and sign autographs.

I thought it was his sister who lived in Sodbury though. 

My best mate lives in Sodbury, he's had a pint with Sam, said he's a top bloke

He said it was his wife's family they were visiting, as opposed to his own

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Perhaps Carey doesn't know the name of the league City are in? 

Isn't it a division not a league? Interesting debate that, I think the championship is a division within the English football league...but others, including those within the game, say divisions are leagues....

8 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Isn't it a division not a league? Interesting debate that, I think the championship is a division within the English football league...but others, including those within the game, say divisions are leagues....

It's as you describe and to me it's over complicated semantics but not to other people.

Surprised, and it all my be true that he is retiring, but. I wonder if a job is about to come his way that he " simply could not refuse"!

After a couple of weeks have passed of course.

Now that Palace need a new manager maybe they will look at someone " up and coming " :laugh: ! 

Nothing should surprise you in football anymore.  If he's still enoying his retirement in 5yrs time then fair play to him....but somehow Harry Redknapp was lured out of retirement by Birmingham....or was it money? Which is what got Big Sam into trouble in the first place.....:laugh:

12 hours ago, ScottishRed said:

Surprised, and it all my be true that he is retiring, but. I wonder if a job is about to come his way that he " simply could not refuse"!

After a couple of weeks have passed of course.

Now that Palace need a new manager maybe they will look at someone " up and coming " :laugh:

Dopey Daryl now the penny has dropped and Waels got no money and uwe is a pipedream. LJ won't leave job for life!! We are stuck with him now

I assume this thread is tongue in cheek, but I do wonder if I am alone in feeling that I would rather have Lee Johnson as our manager than Sam Allardyce?  I would rather fail with a manager who is part of the club and who believes in it, even if he makes mistakes along the way, than succeed with a journeyman manager who is largely in it for the money. 

12 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Rumour doing the rounds, via Talksport, is that he's been personally affected by the Manchester bombing.

The moment you had 'via talksport' in you probably lost a lot of people. 

The sooner that awful awful radio station is dead and gone the better. 

2 hours ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

I assume this thread is tongue in cheek, but I do wonder if I am alone in feeling that I would rather have Lee Johnson as our manager than Sam Allardyce?  I would rather fail with a manager who is part of the club and who believes in it, even if he makes mistakes along the way, than succeed with a journeyman manager who is largely in it for the money. 

Yep on your own.:P

12 hours ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

.....a successful manager who deserves the money....

On 24/05/2017 at 10:29, Northern Red said:

Rumour doing the rounds, via Talksport, is that he's been personally affected by the Manchester bombing.

This has some basis to it so I understand

Hadnt realised that Mark Taylor's wife Jayne Tweddle-Taylor was one of the victims of the Manchester Explosion

I got to know Mark a bit in the late 80s / early 90s and a lovelier lad you couldn't hope to meet

Ex player whose career was stopped short due to injury and when I knew him he was the Blackpool physio under Sam

Sam took Mark to Bolton where he became head of their medical,department and subsequently to Sunderland where he is currently the Performance Dorector

I never met Marks wife but Sam and Mark were / became great friends and thus would assume Sam (A totally genuine bloke btw) would have been great friends with Marks wife

Tye Big Man is a very loyal bloke , with a big heart , despite some of the shite written about him and will have been deeply affected by this 

Mark Likewise a lovely , very friendly nice guy and thoughts with him , as with the loved ones of all those impacted

Archived