IGNORED

Nile Ranger yet again

1. Has he actually got an agent.? 2. What kind of people is he associating himself with. Is he doing these things on his own without any outside influence.? If not then those people around him need to be sorted as well. I've not looked into his background and whatever but he's one disturbed individual.

He needn't worry though, upon his release he'll be picked up by some club again to repeat the whole lifestyle and process again with another manager claiming they can save him.

These 'victim's need more help - when will the FA take responsibility for innocent people like this.

I've said this before, and I'll say it again.

Footballers are talented individuals, and it doesn't make "business sense" for a club to punish someone for their life outside of their job. If you're a valued asset, that club/business will back you all the way. Messi avoids tax, and Barcelona act like he's being persecuted unfairly. Suarez racially abuses another player, and the club makes shirts to support him.

Sure, it's the other end of the spectrum, but Southend United knew what a bellend the guy is, and they signed him anyway. Even now that he's going to jail they've not terminated his contract. It wouldn't surprise me if he played for them the second he's released, because he's probably too talented to be playing in League 1, and as such he's a valuable asset to their future success.

If you're all so annoyed that people like Ranger can find their way back into football, the people responsible are the leagues. We should be pushing the Football League to ban the registration of any player holding a criminal offense in any of their competitions for 5 years. This way, it doesn't matter how good the player is. If they break the law, they cannot play in this country, and probably cannot travel to another due to their criminal offense. As more and more money and power comes into football, this approach becomes more and more important. A lot of footballers will think twice about beating a woman in a club or getting involved with gangs if it means their livelihood is stripped from them.

Archived