IGNORED

Taylor

bpexile

Just wondering what peoples expectations are of Matty Taylor next season. If the way he has previously adapted to stepping up divisions is any measure then I'm quietly excited to see his progress. To come to AG, with us in our dire position when he did would have been a tough ask, so I'm thinking/hopeing we'll see a much improved player. 

Your honest thoughts please.

Would love to know the stats for our points with and without him in the team, sure someone can work it out. 

Big move and very nervy time for him and city and no surprise that he snatched and missed a few, going to put a tenner on him getting 20 plus for us next season, but even if he does not, we are stronger with him in the side.

my memory of him is running his heart out for us, when others stood off. 

Difficult one. His general play has been pretty good, as has his movement off the ball and his ability to create space. Decent workrate as well. He hasn't looked at all clinical in front of goal so will need to rediscover his shooting boots. Whether he'll be a regular starter will depend on who we sign over the summer.

I rate him, thought his work rate, positional play and assists actually made up for the howlers and we played better as a team with him in the side. I hope he hits the net early next season and gets the chance to form a partnership with whoever is the main man. I reckon he'll get 12 goals if he gets the games.  

Taylor has several assists and his general play has been pretty productive and bearing in mind he's made a step up in standard, he's done pretty well.

With a City pre season under his belt and being more comfortable within the squad I reckon he'll be a very useful addition.

My thoughts: he appeared to be a provider this season, I'd like to see him take the step up and be a taker and finisher - if that makes sense.

I hope that he can make the step up, if only to piss off the gash.

I liked him, his work rate is never in question. He defended from the front (like a better version of agard) which means defenders can't relax and eases the pressure on those behind him. He's a decent player and a welcome addition 

As others have said, if he can work on his first touch and regain his composure in front of goal, then I think he could be an excellent player 

2 minutes ago, Redfield red said:

I liked him, his work rate is never in question. He defended from the front (like a better version of agard) which means defenders can't relax and eases the pressure on those behind him. He's a decent player and a welcome addition 

As others have said, if he can work on his first touch and regain his composure in front of goal, then I think he could be an excellent player 

All the posts so far have been positive so lets hope he's given the game time to prove himself :fingerscrossed:

Thankyou to everyone thats replied:clap:

15 minutes ago, onlyotib said:

And Shaun. Wow imagine him along side flint. We would have better scoring centre halfs than strikers 

One of my all time fave City players. Built like a brick outhouse, he was from the Terry Butcher school of Centre Backs.

I think he'll kick on, having got himself up to speed with the pace at this level now. 

His finishing has been woeful, but I'm sure he can rediscover that, having shown it previously. It doesn't become any harder to kick the ball into the net at a higher level, if you are able to get the chances. 

Maybe one day he'll be worth £10million, eh..?! 

I think because of Tammy he naturally fell into the provider/grafter role.

If LJ is going to stick with a two striker formation it'd be interesting to see how he performs when he's the finisher of the partnership rather than the provider. But who knows, maybe we're gathering anther out and out goalscorer to accompany Taylor.

My head says he's not the solution unfortunately but he's a hard worker and certainly has a role to play. 

I think it must be hard to score goals when Tammy is scoring them left right and centre to coming from a league below and everyone else being quite familiar in there surrounding and pretty much every attack to go through Tammy.

I think Taylor will get more chances depending on what kinda of quality of type of striker we bring in this summer. His abiity to find space from nowhere and to create is quality at this standard in only just half a season is showing his class already. If he adds goals to that he will make lots of fans in this league jealous of him and im also tempted to chuck a tenner on him to be top scorer

I expect him to be a starter and score 15/18 goals next season . This season was all about getting experience. He's gone through the leagues pretty quickly. Think he will do the business for us . 

If this doesn't work we can sell him to Bristol Manor Farm , a club on the up . 

1 minute ago, shelts said:

I expect him to be a starter and score 15/18 goals next season . This season was all about getting experience. He's gone through the leagues pretty quickly. Think he will do the business for us . 

If this doesn't work we can sell him to Bristol Manor Farm , a club on the up . 

Tbh I would be very surprised if he hit this number.

3 minutes ago, Super said:

Tbh I would be very surprised if he hit this number.

I wouldn't be.

Taylor is a natural goalscorer as his record shows. He has that instinct of being in right place at the right time.

Given enough supply he's capable of 20+ next season.

Do you know anything about assessing players?

Just now, Robbored said:

I wouldn't be.

Taylor is a natural goalscorer as his record shows. He has that instinct of being in right place at the right time.

Can't say he has shown that for us at this level yet though. Rarely in the right place and usually fluffed it when he was. I agree he worked hard but his first touch is unbelievably poor. Sat behind the goal at Brighton and watching that air shot of his I really struggle to imagine he is a natural goal scorer.

3 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

Can't say he has shown that for us at this level yet though. Rarely in the right place and usually fluffed it when he was. I agree he worked hard but his first touch is unbelievably poor. Sat behind the goal at Brighton and watching that air shot of his I really struggle to imagine he is a natural goal scorer.

I would definitely say he's a natural goal scorer. Look at the amount of goals he scored over the last few seasons. He just needs to relax and he's probably trying a bit to hard . Been a big move for him . Hopefully with a full pre season he can kick on next year. But I agree with u he's missed some sitters 

30 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I wouldn't be.

I assess them by watching them. I'm not knocking the bloke and you can't fault his effort but his finishing since being with us has been hopeless.

58 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I wouldn't be.

Do you ?

'

'Given enough supply he's capable of 20+ next season.'

Not normally a betting man but Money where your mouth is -

How much you want to have a wager with me ?

Just now, Super said:

I assess them by watching them. I'm not knocking the bloke and you can't fault his effort but his finishing since being with us has been hopeless.

Taylor had a 1 in 2 ratio in 65 games for the gas. That's a pretty decent return in any league. His goal scoring record is largely why City signed him.

A couple of gasheads I know both said independently of each other that Taylor misses as many as he scores which means he's in the right place at the right time - a very useful gift to have at any level and we've seen exactly that in the 15 games or so he's played for us.

No doubt at all that the City coaches will be working with him to improve his conversion rate.

I fancy him to bag 20 odd next season assuming he gets the starts of course.

Archived