IGNORED

Taylor

bpexile

• Admin
1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

His finishing has been woeful

55 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Taylor is a natural goalscorer as his record shows. 

It's funny a mate of mine who watches the Gas home and away, has moaned about his finishing for years

Described as like Andy Cole - needs 5 chances to put one away

Like others above, his work rate, positional play etc can only improve - a full pre season with us and I fully expect him to be a valuable member of our squad next season

12 minutes ago, Robbored said:

No, not a thing............:facepalm:

Typical response from the Troll with your predictable pathetic face palm 

But the words are accurate IMO ( yet you seem to think you do but Super doesn't  )

Laughable if you weren't a sad Troll

Put your Troll cash on the table £££££££

( I await a pathetic excuse not to )

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

That remark is lost on me Bob.........

Try reading above 

Back up your opinionated assessment of said player Taylor

Over 20 goals next season

How much ££££  in a direct wager with me 

You !!!!  of of all people questioning / mimicking another's assessment of a player

Just now, BobBobSuperBob said:

Try reading above 

Back up your opinionated assessment of said player Taylor

Over 20 goals next season

How much ££££  in a direct wager with me 

Oh! You want a wager?

The only reservations I have is whether Taylor gets enough starts and whether he can avoid injury. If either occurs he's unlikely to bag 20 goals.

3 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Oh! You want a wager?

The only reservations I have is whether Taylor gets enough starts and whether he can avoid injury. If either occurs he's unlikely to bag 20 goals.

Same with any bet - how much ?

If he's as good as you 'assess' he will get plenty of starts 

No excuses

hope I'm wrong about Taylor but I really don't get the love in , or come to that his expected impact next year.
His first touch is poor, he lacks the real pace to play on the shoulder and from what I've seen his finishing is hardly clinical. 
Yes he works hard, and it was hard work and team ethic that got us out of the shit last year. Agard did the same and he wasn't deemed good enough, probably quicker too. Add that to my gAss mate's assessment that he will miss lots to score a few, he wasn't devastated when he left just a bit annoyed where he went. 
He may well have a decent season, if we sign another 20 goal man to lead our attack, he will be busy and cause problem and probably create chances. If he does I see potentially lower mid table.
I think we need more to progress. The choice of 'main' striker will be key , whether loan or permanent , and I'd also like to see someone with real pace come in. Be good  to see what Engvall has to offer as well, given a run of games, seems to be doing ok at Djurgårdens , 5 in 10 I think it is.

I would say he would be a useful squad member, along with Engvall and Djuric. I still think we need another quality addition, even if we get another loanee with potential.

11 hours ago, bpexile said:

Just wondering what peoples expectations are of Matty Taylor next season. If the way he has previously adapted to stepping up divisions is any measure then I'm quietly excited to see his progress. To come to AG, with us in our dire position when he did would have been a tough ask, so I'm thinking/hopeing we'll see a much improved player. 

Your honest thoughts please.

Really dissapointed with Taylor. Signed as he was  a prolific goal scorer and seemed a good signing. Works hard but his finishing is awful. Both taking chances in the box and his shooting ability. Can only hope with a good pre season with us he will gain confidence and start to blossom. But he has a long way to go.

I think he's a decent player who considering everything did pretty well for us during that good run at the end of the season. I'm not sure he'll get to 20 goals next year but I reckon he's capable of getting close to that.

His confidence in front of goal looked pretty shot towards the end of the season just gone. I'm convinced that if he gets a couple of goals early on his confidence will return and he'll go on to do really well. 

3 hours ago, Robbored said:

I wouldn't be.

Taylor is a natural goalscorer as his record shows. He has that instinct of being in right place at the right time.

Given enough supply he's capable of 20+ next season.

Do you know anything about assessing players?

This is hilarious as you clearly don't.

Fancy a bet he won't get 15 league goals next season, even if he takes penalties?

2 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Same with any bet - how much ?

If he's as good as you 'assess' he will get plenty of starts 

No excuses

My prediction on him reaching 20 goals is assuming he starts most, if not all of the games next season. Obviously we don't know if that's going to happen with injuries, form and so on.

Taylor had a 1 in 2 goal return at the gas so....now that's he's playing at a higher standard I would predict he'll average a 1 in 3 return.

If you're prepared to accept a wager on that then I'm in.....

Just now, GrahamC said:

This is hilarious as you clearly don't.

Fancy a bet he won't get 15 league goals next season, even if he takes penalties?

I'm in negotiations with Bob at the moment but if you read my terms then you're on......

Just now, Robbored said:

My prediction on him reaching 20 goals is assuming he starts most, if not all of the games next season. Obviously we don't know if that's going to happen with injuries, form and so on.

Taylor had a 1 in 2 goal return at the gas so....now that's he's playing at a higher standard I would predict he'll average a 1 in 3 return.

That's simply bollocks as he is very unlikely to be a first choice..

Just now, GrahamC said:

That's simply bollocks as he is very unlikely to be a first choice..

He was towards the last games of the season........No reason to say that'll change next season, depending on who Junior and MA bring in this summer.

Just now, Robbored said:

He was towards the last games of the season........No reason to say that'll change next season, depending on who Junior and MA bring in this summer.

You must be confident he will get "20 plus" then?

26 minutes ago, Robbored said:

You're not too clever are you (Spelling and maths a particular weakness) (other than your nauseating trolling)

Youre 1 in 3 ' offer' equates to 15 in a season - where did the 20 plus prediction go ?

Backtracking already

:whistle2: (Shock , surprise)

As I've said before - For somebody who claims to have been a mental health nurse think you should have a good look at your trolling as a ? 60 ? Year old

27 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

You're not too clever are you (Spelling and maths a particular weakness) (other than your nauseating trolling)

Youre 1 in 3 ' offer' equates to 15 in a season - where did the 20 plus prediction go ?

Backtracking already

:whistle2: (Shock , surprise)

As I've said before - For somebody who claims to have been a mental health nurse think you should have a good look at your trolling as a ? 60 ? Year old

So you're not interested then Bob?   

4 hours ago, Robbored said:

Do you know anything about assessing players?

Maybe not, but I bet he's shit hot at assessing managers. @Super - thoughts on GJ, please

As for Taylor, I'm looking forward to seeing him paired with Djuric next season. Given time I have a good feeling about those two together

15 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

Maybe not, but I bet he's shit hot at assessing managers. @Super - thoughts on GJ, please

As for Taylor, I'm looking forward to seeing him paired with Djuric next season. Given time I have a good feeling about those two together

Love your optimism but if that is indeed our go to strike force come the beginning of August I wouldn't have a good feeling about staying up let alone having a good season!

17 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

Conference Manager.....

4 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Love your optimism but if that is indeed our go to strike force come the beginning of August I wouldn't have a good feeling about staying up let alone having a good season!

Both had a chance to settle in, get used to playing for a big club (:robbored:) - they'll be good

Can't have paid all that money, £10m for MT, wasn't it?, to have them sat on the bench

That being said, we all know that we've got Engvall to come back, and suspect we'll bring in at least two others. Who knows who will be first choice come August

39 minutes ago, Super said:

Conference Manager.....

I just don't have the words to express how much I like this post! :facepalm:

Just noticed - how does a row of z's get changed to that sentence above. Is it classed as a swear word now? Asking for a friend.....

Just now, Woodsy said:

Both had a chance to settle in, get used to playing for a big club (:robbored:) - they'll be good

Can't have paid all that money, £10m for MT, wasn't it?, to have them sat on the bench

That being said, we all know that we've got Engvall to come back, and suspect we'll bring in at least two others. Who knows who will be first choice come August

I really like Taylor to be fair. Just on current showing for everything but his goal scoring. Same goes for Djuric but like I said it'll be interesting to see what changes in Taylor if we set up with him to be the poacher rather than the grafter. 

I genuinely completely forgot about Engvall. 

28 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I really like Taylor to be fair. Just on current showing for everything but his goal scoring. Same goes for Djuric but like I said it'll be interesting to see what changes in Taylor if we set up with him to be the poacher rather than the grafter. 

I genuinely completely forgot about Engvall. 

Honestly, I sat here for a good 30 seconds trying to remember his name....

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Pardon me but where does this trolling bollocks come from ?

41 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

I just don't have the words to express how much I like this post! :facepalm:

Just noticed - how does a row of z's get changed to that sentence above. Is it classed as a swear word now? Asking for a friend.....

I get caught with that!

Archived