IGNORED

England v South Africa ODI.

B1ackbird

Looking forward to it - South Africa should provide a good test and we're looking a tidy one day side these days , batting moreso 

Plenty of runs in both sides and quite a few top top players in these two sides

Have a ticket for Saturdays game at Southampton so hoping the series gets off to a good start with a good game and plenty of runs , and the weather stays like this till Saturday !!

I think we have a top team one that has a great chance in the Champions Trophy. SA will be tough though they have quality with the likes of AB and De Kock. Should be 3 very good games hope the weather stays fair.

Looks likely Bairstow will miss out shows what quality we have

I thought AVB wasn't coming but delighted he's here and looking forward to seeing him

Thought he'd retired from Test and One Day Cricket but assume it must be only tests ?

Got tickets for a couple of the ICC trophy games and looking forward to it

Seeing England v NZ in Cardiff - £30 which IMHO is an absolute bargain when compared to football prices for 90 mins 'entertainment'

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I thought AVB wasn't coming but delighted he's here and looking forward to seeing him

Thought he'd retired from Test and One Day Cricket but assume it must be only tests ?

Got tickets for a couple of the ICC trophy games and looking forward to it

Seeing England v NZ in Cardiff - £30 which IMHO is an absolute bargain when compared to football prices for 90 mins 'entertainment'

Don't think he has officially announced his retirement from tests.

• Admin
3 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Me too, also England Vs Australia at Edgbaston - both for £30

Compare that to paying £60 for T20 at Taunton for England Vs South Africa

Do we take it for granted how good this side is? We rarely fail to get 300 and usually closer to 350.   They aren't the polished article but heck this team is damned exciting..

1 minute ago, B1ackbird said:

If England aren't going to risk Stokes on Saturday, would Bairstow slot straight in? If they need an extra seamer to compensate would Willey play instead of Rashid?

Hope so 

Purely for personal reasons as I'm off down to the Ageas and I'd rather see Bairstow bat than Willey bowl !!! ;)

Think it will be either Bairstow or Willey as a replacement for Stokes

Mind you with our batting line up we could bring in Ball as a replacement with Moeen and Woakes moving up a place

Magnificent over at the end from Woody. What a game of cricket that was! 

Team is looking in good shape mentally going into the Champions trophy, just hope we get Stokes and Woakes back bowling sharply soon. Stokes only bowled 3 overs today and looked in pain running in.

With those 2 fit and firing, we are a class outfit.

Stokes really has potential to be more of a cult hero than Freddie if he continues his potential.  Great win.. Maybe peaking at the right time at last?

13 hours ago, Tomarse said:

Stokes really has potential to be more of a cult hero than Freddie if he continues his potential.  Great win.. Maybe peaking at the right time at last?

Definitely. Needs to improve his bowling, but he's already a better, more consistent batsman than Flintoff ever was.

47 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Definitely. Needs to improve his bowling, but he's already a better, more consistent batsman than Flintoff ever was.

Learnt to build an innings instead of hitting every early ball for a boundary

Not the greatest / ' classic' technique , and 'muscles' most of his shots ,and a completely different batsmen to the Amlas / Roots of this world (End result is what matters) and is a warrior talisman 

Brilliant innings and quite simply a perfect, brilliant day out

Fantastic to see Buttler looking more like his best , and kept extremely well too

Ball rolls in at a pace that may hurry batsmen at County Level but is very comfortable for batsmen at Int  Level, and bowls far too much length , absence of variations and little threat on a decent pitch

Rashid his frustratingly normal 'long hop an over'

Good job we have Wood who hurries every batsmen and looks are primary threat

Our batting is awesome and may see us through a lot of games , but our bowling below par and we have a very average If below average fielding side 

Nice that we look overall a decent side and best of all are entertaining and a genuine attraction to go and see

Enjoyed my visit to the Ageas as I always do - Love grounds of character, which as a stadium design , the Ageas is not 

The plus is the seating / views / facilities etc which are all excellent

Well done all for a team effort

Archived