England v South Africa ODI.

B1ackbird

Dear oh F******** dear

5 overs

20-6 

Pathetic - truly pathetic

Nibbling around but pitiful batting 

All over by midday in front of a full house at £70 or so a ticket

A Massive bugbear for me is that on a day like today the players should be playing an impromptu 20/20 or similar after this debacle to at least give the crowd some value for their money

Losing the toss and having to bat is the problem on a green top wicket against super quick Rabada. Had the toss gone Englands way SA would be batting now.

England have won their last 7 ODIs athe series is already won and yet Bob is complaining..........:facepalm:

15 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Dear oh F******** dear

5 overs

20-6 

Pathetic - truly pathetic

Nibbling around but pitiful batting 

All over by midday in front of a full house at £70 or so a ticket

A Massive bugbear for me is that on a day like today the players should be playing an impromptu 20/20 or similar after this debacle to at least give the crowd some value for their money

It's not over yet Bob. 

England have made four changes in a dead rubber resting them for the upcoming Champions Trophy.

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

It's not over yet Bob. 

England have made four changes in a dead rubber resting them for the upcoming Champions Trophy.

Tell that to those hoping for a days Cricket at £70-80 a shot !

You don't get it do you troll

If you're knowledge of cricket matches that of football Ill end this conversation with you

You really are a nauseating troll, watch stepping on those snakes

BTW never a dead rubber - all counts for one day ranking points which is highly relevant for tournaments

As usual you talk complete drivel

Does it differ much to paying £30+ to watch 90 minutes of football where a team has made changes to rest players for a different match? 

Anyway in regards to the match Bairstow doing an excellent job at trying to lead a fightback, was good support from Willey and TRJ showing no fear on debut and going well. 

4 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Tell that to those hoping for a days Cricket at £70-80 a shot !

You don't get it do you troll

If you're knowledge of cricket matches that of football Ill end this conversation with you

You really are a nauseating troll, watch stepping on those snakes

BTW never a dead rubber - all counts for one day ranking points which is highly relevant for tournaments

As usual you talk complete drivel

You must be a fun guy Bob................:crying:

Just now, Robbored said:

Misjudgment unfortunately.  Nice bit of bowling tho.

The situation he was in you just don't gamble by leaving your crease. A steady 4 an over till the end would have seen us over 200 and something to defend.

22 minutes ago, Robbored said:

You must be a fun guy Bob................:crying:

Tell you what I'm not

And that's a 60 yr old troll who thinks he's funny but hasn't the balls as a man to admit who he is

Don't try and get in your nauseating conversations with me - I have no interest in your drivel

Just now, B1ackbird said:

Was just going to post, if we get to 180/200, and the sun doesn't appear we might have half a chance..

unlikely now...

Indeed and England won't have the advantage of utilising the condition by losing the toss. 

The winning toss in any form at Lords can make all the difference - assuming the captain makes the right decision of course.

Just now, hodge said:

The situation he was in you just don't gamble by leaving your crease. A steady 4 an over till the end would have seen us over 200 and something to defend.

Bairstow will be kicking himself especially as he's desperate to win his place back.

It's hard to think of any scenario where you don't pick Jonny Bairstow for the 50 over side.    He got out misjudging one today but if we're to win something like the Champions  Trophy you will have to dig in and fight back at least once.  Personally, I'd drop Roy and play Bairstow and consider putting someone like Ali or Willey into open.  Controversial I know but I do like a leftie opening and they both have experience of doing it.   Willey as a pinch hitter could be deadly - he's caused carnage in T20s for his county opening.  If he's out cheaply you don't feel like you've lost a mainstay   Make sure we only have one rabbit in the side (Wood) and we're laughing.

Bairstow, Hales, Root, Morgan, Stokes, Buttler, Ali, Willey, Rashid, Woakes, Wood.  Maybe drop Rashid if the pitch is less spin friendly for Plunkett - he can bat a bit too.

8 minutes ago, The Bard said:

It's hard to think of any scenario where you don't pick Jonny Bairstow for the 50 over side.    He got out misjudging one today but if we're to win something like the Champions  Trophy you will have to dig in and fight back at least once.  Personally, I'd drop Roy and play Bairstow and consider putting someone like Ali or Willey into open.  Controversial I know but I do like a leftie opening and they both have experience of doing it.   Willey as a pinch hitter could be deadly - he's caused carnage in T20s for his county opening.  If he's out cheaply you don't feel like you've lost a mainstay   Make sure we only have one rabbit in the side (Wood) and we're laughing.

Bairstow, Hales, Root, Morgan, Stokes, Buttler, Ali, Willey, Rashid, Woakes, Wood.  Maybe drop Rashid if the pitch is less spin friendly for Plunkett - he can bat a bit too.

Said this at the game Saturday - Roy rarely goes on to a substantial score so he's no great loss in comparison to Moen / Bairstow , or as you suggest (Which I really like) using Willey which gives us an extra bowler

(If I was doing this , personally I'd drop Rashid and bring Bairstow in and return the balance)

13 minutes ago, The Bard said:

Roy's place is seriously under threat and quite right to.

Problem for the selectors is that Bairstow was a regular as wicket keeper but with Buttler now wearing the gloves it brings Bairstows batting under scrutiny and raises the dilemma of whether that's enough for him to start.

Personally I can't see much between either of them. Both decent keepers and both decent batsman. 

Tough call and I guess Morgan will make the final decision.

Archived