IGNORED

Torquay away

JBFC II

• Admin
56 minutes ago, BS15_RED said:

Would of gone to this had it of been on a Saturday.

Remember a few years back we had a friendly down there on a Saturday, a crowd of us got the early train down to get to Wetherspoons for 10, it was about 4pm on a pub crawl we realised we'd missed the game, considering my only visit previously was the Lita hat trick in the fog, probably best I avoid this one 

Just now, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Presumably there will be a community fixture. Western league champions Bristol Manor Farm?

Cheltenham advertising to win a place on the bench against "championship" opposition in the local paper. So won't be long untill that one is announced.

Talking of Torquay away, anyone on here remember when we played Plymouth away and lots of City went to Torquay after the game, think it may have been a Good Friday, the local constabulary locked us in the pub on the harbour which I think at the time was called The Harbour and a City fan nicked a boat and sank before he got to the harbour wall or did I dream all of that !!!!

1 minute ago, weepywall said:

Talking of Torquay away, anyone on here remember when we played Plymouth away and lots of City went to Torquay after the game, think it may have been a Good Friday, the local constabulary locked us in the pub on the harbour which I think at the time was called The Harbour and a City fan nicked a boat and sank before he got to the harbour wall or did I dream all of that !!!!

The boat incident was when we played Torquay - the same day as we had a 100 a side football match on the beach.

27 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

The boat incident was when we played Torquay - the same day as we had a 100 a side football match on the beach.

The same match where we were walking outside the ground after the match when I noticed a big police mini bus rocking side to side. We just got out of the way as City fans tipped it on its side. 

Used to love the Torquay games, not keen on pre season friendlies but as they're my local team I'll certainly be going to this one. 

13 hours ago, ralphindevon said:

The same match where we were walking outside the ground after the match when I noticed a big police mini bus rocking side to side. We just got out of the way as City fans tipped it on its side. 

Used to love the Torquay games, not keen on pre season friendlies but as they're my local team I'll certainly be going to this one. 

Didn`t Anne Nolan`s car getting rocked....her "soccer terror" was in some shitty Sunday tabloid.

23 hours ago, ralphindevon said:

Wasn't the police mini bus incident at Walsall in 1988? Or did our fans do it at Torquay too?!

As someone else said, I remember one of the Nolan sisters being recognised in a car outside Torquay's ground and City fans rocking her car in an attempt to over turn it....

16 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Wasn't the police mini bus incident at Walsall in 1988? Or did our fans do it at Torquay too?!

As someone else said, I remember one of the Nolan sisters being recognised in a car outside Torquay's ground and City fans rocking her car in an attempt to over turn it....

Remember the Nolan's sister incident at that Torquay game, it happened not far away from me as we were leaving, not so much the police van.

We did seem to have a group of fans in the 80's who regularly turned vehicles over - or tried to - when 'disappointed' or upset after a game though. Remember similar being reported on after a defeat at Eastville in the 80's, most likely the 1-0 league defeat in '85.

As well as the boat incident that Torquay game was also notorious for City fans arriving the night before and 'rioting' (according to the EP) in a local night club.

On 25/05/2017 at 22:30, BS4 on Tour... said:

Only just seen this, sorry.

yes, it was definitely Torquay but as Nogbad said, it seemed to be a bit of a trend at the time.

On 25/05/2017 at 22:30, BS4 on Tour... said:

I think that was another van, I saw one on fire too. 
Fan; excuse me
OB;move on
Fan; but ....
OB; MOVE ON
Fan; ok mate , was only going to tell you your vans on fire :clapping:Yes I now, it's not big or clever.

One person got a banning order for the 'van' in torquay, I still take the piss out of him now. Mentioned it when the game was announced funny enough.

On 25/05/2017 at 23:02, Nogbad the Bad said:

Remember the Nolan's sister incident at that Torquay game, it happened not far away from me as we were leaving, not so much the police van.

We did seem to have a group of fans in the 80's who regularly turned vehicles over - or tried to - when 'disappointed' or upset after a game though. Remember similar being reported on after a defeat at Eastville in the 80's, most likely the 1-0 league defeat in '85.

As well as the boat incident that Torquay game was also notorious for City fans arriving the night before and 'rioting' (according to the EP) in a local night club.

I heard one or two of the lads we used to go with capsized an 'acquired ' boat and panicked until they realised it was only waist deep ;)
Again , don't try this at home kids. Not big etc etc 

Archived