IGNORED

School tournament at AG today

Offside

Both my kids were lucky enough to be able to play for their primary school teams on the Ashton Gate pitch today in a tournament . It was a brilliant event and really well organised. The memory will stay with my kids forever. A big thumbs up to the club, community trust and anyone else who was involved in organising this event and enabling it to take place in the stadium.

1 minute ago, pride of the west said:

Must have been an amazing experience for the younguns. I remember the best I got in school football was to play on a pitch once where you didn't have to cruyff turn a white dog turd every 20 yards. 

Those were the days. Jumpers for goalposts. Rush goalie. Two at the back, three in the middle, four up front, one's gone home for his tea. Beans on toast?

Anyone know if the club still do the inflatable pitch football tournament? I remember playing in one around 15 years ago (that makes me feel really old now) and it was fantastic. Think it was in the Dolman Exhibition hall.

4 hours ago, bcfcRobbo said:

Yes. Schools qualified at other tournaments. It was great and so good that they allow it. Secondary school Woodcock cup final just been played there too.

We had to play our Woodcock Shield final at The Creek, Bristol Manor Farm.

See if you can pick out me....in this photo, I looked unlikely to be a 6'2" Centre Half.

And for a bonus....pick out the player who did time for burning down Twerton Park!

IMG_0984.JPG

Just now, Davefevs said:

See if you can pick out me....in this photo, I looked unlikely to be a 6'2" Centre Half.

And for a bonus....pick out the player who did time for burning down Twerton Park!

IMG_0984.JPG

The manager looks like a young Roy Hodgson!

31 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

IMG_0984.JPG

Its either front row 2nd from the right or back row second from the left although he might have done time for twerton.

31 minutes ago, reddoh said:

Its either front row 2nd from the right or back row second from the left although he might have done time for twerton.

You don't get the bonus because you didn't get the starter question Dave.  But 2nd player back row (not inc Teacher) was indeed one of my teammates who did set fire to Twerton!

15 hours ago, pride of the west said:

Must have been an amazing experience for the younguns. I remember the best I got in school football was to play on a pitch once where you didn't have to cruyff turn a white dog turd every 20 yards. 

I think the Mem has improved now...

Archived