IGNORED

Clarence Seedorf wants a "project"

deadredfred

Just saw this on the BBC rumours page:

Four-time Champions League winner Clarence Seedorf wants to manage in England and would be willing to take on the right "project" with a Championship club. (Talksport)

If there's ever a word we use, it's "project"! Not suggesting for a moment there's anything in it, but would you welcome a former player of his calibre to manage? I believe he had a spell managing Milan, and appears to have been in China too.

Relatively inexperienced but a great player, incredibly articulate when I've seen him as a pundit and would surely be an attractive proposition. 

I didn't think Jaap Stam would do much at Reading but he's turned them into a very decent side?

Nothing else to talk about. Thoughts?

32 minutes ago, The Gasbuster said:

Quality player in his day; and a fantastic character, a real gentleman as well.

A forward thinking club would do very well to appoint him.

Curious, why would a forward thinking club do well to appoint him? Zola ticks all the same boxes, would you want him too?

19 minutes ago, The Gasbuster said:

Where did I say I wanted him at City ?

Wanting him at City is neither here nor there, it's the suggestion that he would be good appointment based on his character and playing career.

13 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

He lacks experience and has an unremarkable track record as a manager. Even if you don't like LJ and want a change, given the main criticisms of him are his track record and lack of experience, I can't see the reason for going for a less experienced manager with a worse track record.

Well one was a small in stature but dynamic and cultured midfielder who played for one of the worlds great clubs... the other was called clarence.

3 hours ago, BCFCGav said:

No reason to take him on when our current gaffer is doing a good job with a project of his own. Far rather stick with Johnson.

Words fail me.19players signed and still in the shit if that's doing a good job there is no hope

13 minutes ago, Mtimmy11 said:

Words fail me.19players signed and still in the shit if that's doing a good job there is no hope

Agreed, and that was with the benefit of one of the finest young strikers in the country at his disposal. I really cant see how we are likely to improve to any significant degree next season, and how much it will cost to get us just to survive.

Archived