IGNORED

Man united

Red Army 75

Well they won so they deserve credit there.

But my god how tedious. How very tedious- I saw from 37 mins in and long balls, blanket defence, some impressive counter attacks but my god all that money and how shit to watch. Ajax in their way were little better to watch- I like possession football in general but they were so so slow in possession. Little movement either- now they are young and will grow, first time at this level for any of them. United though with money and experience- you would expect somewhat more. 

28 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Mourinho is looking a proper cock tonight. Bit OTT with the celebrations

Eh? He's a football manager, he's won two proper trophies this season, why shouldn't he celebrate?!

Good grief, people on here wet themselves when we won the Johnstone's Paint Trophy and proudly lauded a 'double winning' season - yet Mourinho can't celebrate a European Trophy win against a club that has produced Neeskens, Cruyff, Bergkamp, Overmars, Gullit, Rikjaard etc etc?!

Is no-one allowed to show passion and delight anymore over a genuine achievement?

United's season didn't really get going but they've managed to win three of a possible five trophies and gain a Champions League spot. Spin it however you like but technically they've had a better year than all English clubs but Chelsea.

27 minutes ago, eastonboy said:

The Champions League place totally devalues the competition.

is it a cup or a play-off place ffs

Sorry but this appears a ******* stupid comment to me. Before the CL place was given to the winner, the competition was literally seen as shit across Europe, and a hinderance to teams, now its viewed as a meaningful competition with a meaningful reward.

10 minutes ago, Robin TBW said:

United's season didn't really get going but they've managed to win three of a possible five trophies and gain a Champions League spot. Spin it however you like but technically they've had a better year than all English clubs but Chelsea.

Three ????

From 5 trophies ?

You're surely not counting the Charity Shield ?

Blimey - thats a bit desperate

1 minute ago, JasonM88 said:

Sorry but this appears a ******* stupid comment to me. Before the CL place was given to the winner, the competition was literally seen as shit across Europe, and a hinderance to teams, now its viewed as a meaningful competition with a meaningful reward.

It wasn't seen as 'shit' when it was the UEFA Cup...it was a prestigious competition seen by all teams as a meaningful trophy to win...

I know why it was exists, but the woefully mis-named Champions League is the one that has been totally devalued for me  purely from a football and not financial viewpoint...it was so prestigious when it was only competed for by the one best team in each country....a genuine champions European Cup, just a glorified league now that means nothing to me...

37 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Three ????

From 5 trophies ?

You're surely not counting the Charity Shield ?

Blimey - thats a bit desperate

Two out of four then... who cares. Still 50% of competitions entered.

Let's discount our JPT win from the "double season" whilst we're at it as we all know that's a bit shit too.

5 minutes ago, Robin TBW said:

Two out of four then... who cares. Still 50% of competitions entered.

Let's discount our JPT win from the "double season" whilst we're at it as we all know that's a bit shit too.

Obviously struck a nerve !

A Man U follower I assume

1 hour ago, glynriley said:

Probably on some sort of bonus to get them back in the champions league. 

Most probably. I read somewhere getting in the Champions League this season would save United something like £50m.

Fair play to them and Mourinho. He managed the final perfectly. As others have said it's a major boost for the city after recent happenings. I'm happy for them.

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Well they won so they deserve credit there.

But my god how tedious. How very tedious- I saw from 37 mins in and long balls, blanket defence, some impressive counter attacks but my god all that money and how shit to watch. Ajax in their way were little better to watch- I like possession football in general but they were so so slow in possession. Little movement either- now they are young and will grow, first time at this level for any of them. United though with money and experience- you would expect somewhat more. 

Agreed. Man Utd had one decent passing attack in the second half which ended when Pogba (I think) let an Ajax player catch him in the box in a very half hearted attempt to win a pen. Also I remember Rashford managed to put a Joe Bryan like cross into the crowd.

Apart from the the only thing of note was that most of the Ajax players would walk into our U23 squad.

Archived