IGNORED

more radio commentaries for Bristol City

7 minutes ago, Never to the dark side said:

along with the Championship first divisionand second division teams

http://talksport.com/press/talksport-becomes-new-home-english-football-league-170525240502

Confused by the 'exclusive' nature of their rights.

Is that a national exclusive or does that exclusivity mean the end to regional commentary?

(Obviously, this might be answered if I read the entire press release, but I'm on a call at the mo)

220 games across the EFL's three divisions, the Carabao Cup, the Checkatrade Trophy, EFL play-offs and Premier League in total.

This suggests only national coverage rights. As 220 wouldn't cover every single game in the league.

Yes, I like Radio Bristol commentary…especially liked Gary Owers last season. I don't know the names of the usual people but I'd much prefer to listen to them, than a generic radio voice (a bit like the over-dubbed commentary on SKY highlights).  :city:

2 hours ago, bcfcshorey said:

220 games across the EFL's three divisions, the Carabao Cup, the Checkatrade Trophy, EFL play-offs and Premier League in total.

This suggests only national coverage rights. As 220 wouldn't cover every single game in the league.

552 matches in each of the three 24 team divisions, plus cups, plus play-offs.  220 is a fraction of the games.

20 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Yes, I like Radio Bristol commentary…especially liked Gary Owers last season. I don't know the names of the usual people but I'd much prefer to listen to them, than a generic radio voice (a bit like the over-dubbed commentary on SKY highlights).  :city:

Some of the players impressed me as well... I think it was Taylor Moore who came across very knowledgable and well-spoken.

Just now, bcfcshorey said:

Some of the players impressed me as well... I think it was Taylor Moore who came across very knowledgable and well-spoken.

I don't think I heard him, perhaps it was a home game. I like someone to have some knowledge of the players/team. It's annoying when they can't even pronounce their names properly. 

There was that guy earlier in the season who was chatting too much that I didn't even know that someone had scored…

Archived