IGNORED

Settled squad according to the stats

Jerseybean

The evening post headline is crazy as I don't think I've heard any city fans argue that he changed the team in the run-in which is what the measure on the experimental361 website refers to when ranking us 1st- its just typical click-bait.

The actual stats would suggest we did make a lot of changes up to the run-in (i.e. April-May) as only three players played more than 66% of the available minutes.

It also sadly highlights how many players were in the team then suddenly dropped before reappearing again: Pack Little, O'Neil, Ried, Brownhill, Paterson, O'Dowda and Golbourne the most obvious. 

Further evidence of not knowing his best 11 for the majority of the season is Smith making it into the 11 players with the most minutes despite missing a good chunk of the season.

On a positive note though when we played with less changes i.e. the start and end of the season our form was at it's best, hopefully Johnson learnt a lot from that middle period of change (Nov-March) where he tried almost all players (including engvall!) and works in pre-season on figuring out his best formation and team.

This new guy writes some ******* drivel, doesn't he?

I know it is the close season but it is really piss poor.

The other thing I've noticed (presumably because he has only been here for about 5 minutes) is how he tells us stuff as if we didn't already know it.

Last week he wrote it was "a revelation" that Steve Lansdown had watched Rovers a few times before becoming a City fan, like anyone in Bristol didn't know that for about the last twenty years..

I'm waiting for headlines such as

'City set to play 23 league games at Ashton Gate next season'

'City play all league games with a keeper again.'

'Amazing Stat: City have the either the first-half or second half kick-off in each game played.'

'When City score, they sometimes win.'

'When City don't score they never win.'

So, is this guy the new Stockhausen then?

Having worked for people in publishing before, I'm always keen to see if the person behind the article is actually a real person, as I've worked with far too many places (especially online) where the author is a made-up person.

Either way, being a reporter for a football club relies a lot on reputation, so I'm surprised at a new face coming in to report on Bristol City. Say what you want about AS, but he knew his place, and the club knew him, leaving him free to report what he felt was right. I'd be a bit worried that a new person coming in might ultimately either a propaganda piece for Lansdown, or someone without the inside access to accurately report on the club.

My favourite statman has broken it down for each team here https://experimental361.com/2017/05/19/squad-usage-profiles-championship-201617/ as people say, we chopped and changed alot but then in April settled on a regular 11.  We ended up as "Bristol City fielded the most common combination of players, with the same 11 players starting five of their last six matches for a total of 397 minutes on the pitch together.

Take a look at some of the other teams for some real choppiness.

Edit: Flint putting in a 100% attendance record is an incredible achievement for an outfield player.

ch-2016-17-squad-bristol-c.png?w=860&h=864

5 hours ago, The Bard said:

I'm always suspicious of people with the same surname and first name....

Like who?

Who has ever heard of the following:-

A) Fred Fred

B) Colin Colin

C) Graham Graham

What is you talking about, like??

tfj

2 hours ago, Taxi for Johnson said:

Like who?

Who has ever heard of the following:-

A) Fred Fred

B) Colin Colin

C) Graham Graham

What is you talking about, like??

tfj

Journalist is called Gregor MacGregor. 

Then there's Neville Neville.  My kids were so amused by that name they called one of their Hamsters Neville Neville. The other one was Frankie Fielding.  Unfortunately, Frankie was killed by Rocky.

40 minutes ago, The Bard said:

Journalist is called Gregor MacGregor. 

Then there's Neville Neville.  My kids were so amused by that name they called one of their Hamsters Neville Neville. The other one was Frankie Fielding. 

*Unfortunately, Frankie was killed by Rocky.

* in the little known Rocky sequel (the one after Frankie went to Hollywood ...  it was one sequel too many and no one watched it) ?  :) 

Archived