IGNORED

black armbands

opnot

the question was asked on the BBC cup final programme why did not Chelsea wear black armbands during the first half of the cup final. there reply was we forgot, then changed that it happened to do with something with their track suit tops. As someone who lives near to Manchester they are a Disgrace

14 minutes ago, opnot said:

the question was asked on the BBC cup final programme why did not Chelsea wear black armbands during the first half of the cup final. there reply was we forgot, then changed that it happened to do with something with their track suit tops. As someone who lives near to Manchester they are a Disgrace

Oh for god's sake, get a grip.  This was a football match, not a memorial service.  They held a minute's silence which was meticulously observed.  The fact they weren't wearing black armbands is neither here nor there.  Were you wearing a black armband at work this week?  If you weren't, does it mean you don't care?  

19 minutes ago, opnot said:

Honest mistake , get over yourself.

37 minutes ago, opnot said:

It wouldn't have been deliberate. An oversight. 

11 hours ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Oh for god's sake, get a grip.  This was a football match, not a memorial service.  They held a minute's silence which was meticulously observed.  The fact they weren't wearing black armbands is neither here nor there.  Were you wearing a black armband at work this week?  If you weren't, does it mean you don't care?  

Judging from the grammar in the op I'd imagine the poster was at school last week.............

Your reply is absolutely spot on tho....... 

I know footballers have a reputation of not being very intelligent but 11 players and I assume at least the kitman and not one of them thought - where's the arm band's.

Now the players I can kind of understand - they were just about to walk out onto Wembley and play for the oldest association football completion in the world, they had given their minutes silence in respect and remembrance and were focusing on the job they do.

No offence meant and none should be taken but an acceptance all round that it was a mistake and mistakes happen - someone should probably spend 30 minutes looking into if it was avoidable and if anything can be done then move on.

9 minutes ago, Pezo said:

I know footballers have a reputation of not being very intelligent but 11 players and I assume at least the kitman and not one of them thought - where's the arm band's.

Now the players I can kind of understand - they were just about to walk out onto Wembley and play for the oldest association football completion in the world, they had given their minutes silence in respect and remembrance and were focusing on the job they do.

No offence meant and none should be taken but an acceptance all round that it was a mistake and mistakes happen - someone should probably spend 30 minutes looking into if it was avoidable and if anything can be done then move on.

It was avoidable if someone had remembered…human error, and should be left as that.

3 hours ago, RobArnold10 said:

They made an error, held their hands up, rectified in the second half, move on...there's no issue.

I agree but it is still hugely embarrassing for Chelsea.

Archived