IGNORED

Gazza

INCRED

That was a great watch. Amazing passion for the game. Goes to show what football can do to young lads. It was interesting to hear what caused him to turn to drink for the non social reasons - The media should take a large proportion of the accountability for how Gaza is today. 

1 hour ago, Loco Rojo said:

That was a great watch. Amazing passion for the game. Goes to show what football can do to young lads. It was interesting to hear what caused him to turn to drink for the non social reasons - The media should take a large proportion of the accountability for how Gaza is today. 

But they won't. In all honesty I think he would have struggled no matter what , being rich and famous just escalated his problems.  Still the best English footballer I've ever seen..

13 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

But they won't. In all honesty I think he would have struggled no matter what , being rich and famous just escalated his problems.  Still the best English footballer I've ever seen..

Yeah, you could be right but hearing him talk about the phone tapping scandal and how he blamed his parents for leaking stories to the press before he confirmed it was actually the media tapping him - and what that did to him (paranoia/drinking alone/depression). They should be ashamed).

17 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

The media have a lot to answer for but as you say I think Gazza would have had problems anyway. His autobiography and the problems he's had since childhood make for harrowing reading, and are I think the root cause of it all.  

Having said all that, what a player he was. During his peak years, especially before he got his knee injury, he was and remains easily the best English player in my lifetime. His talent was just outrageous. 

Today there is a professional support team behind players who have issues.

In Gazza's day there was next to nothing. I was lucky enough to watch him play for England a few times, he always found time on the ball.

World class act!

1 hour ago, Loco Rojo said:

100% agree with you there! I remember a few years ago when he fell off the wagon again and a red top (guess which one) printed pictures of him going out with nothing but an open dressing gown on! They printed EVERYTHING. You've got to be a pretty low down human being to go ahead and print that all the while knowing what a sad situation he is in.

1 hour ago, brizzlelou said:

100% agree with you there! I remember a few years ago when he fell off the wagon again and a red top (guess which one) printed pictures of him going out with nothing but an open dressing gown on! They printed EVERYTHING. You've got to be a pretty low down human being to go ahead and print that all the while knowing what a sad situation he is in.

Absolutely. Watching that last night and getting a small glimpse of what has been through certainly made me think about his situation differently. Those in the media should be ashamed of how they've publicised his issued over the years - all to sell stories - nothing to do with celebrating his skill on the pitch.  Shameful.

17 minutes ago, Loco Rojo said:

Absolutely. Watching that last night and getting a small glimpse of what has been through certainly made me think about his situation differently. Those in the media should be ashamed of how they've publicised his issued over the years - all to sell stories - nothing to do with celebrating his skill on the pitch.  Shameful.

Let's be honest they hacked dead children's phones so Gazza had no chance sadly.

1 hour ago, Maltshoveller said:

A very good player but imo not world class Why?

The great players turn it on in the biggest games

The two biggest games Gazza played were 

The FA cup final v Forest = Lost the plot

World cup semi v Germany = Say no more

Both games let his team down

Interesting take on things . Can't say I agree 

1 hour ago, Maltshoveller said:

The FA cup final v Forest = Lost the plot

Fair comment but slightly unfair as he never ever really played for a team who were one of the best and challenging for titles so didn't have two many big games to show his world class abilities on the biggest stage.

that cup run in the semi final he scored one of the best free kicks ever against their biggest rivals...he lasted 20 or so minutes in the final so who knows what would have happend 

italia 90 he was England's best player as he was in Euro 96 and England got to semis in both.

lazio were not the biggest side in Italy and he is idolised by their fans.

if he would have gone to Man Utd rather than Tottenham then he may have realised his true potential.

best player for England in last 30 years debatable, I would say gerrard but very close.

2 hours ago, Maltshoveller said:

Let his team down ?

Really ?

You actually serious ?

'Say no more' - what are you on about ?

What game did you watch ? (if you did)

I was at that WC semi Final - Gazza was brilliant and after the booking almost drove us onto victory

Complete nonsense

One of the most iconic, gifted footballers this country has ever had. 

His balance, his aggression and his passion - led him to be up there with the likes of Maradona at Italia 90.

He was my childhood hero, and one of 'us'.

I wish we had players today that played for the shirt like he did.

IMG_8600.JPG

4 hours ago, Lordofthebling said:

His balance, his aggression and his passion - led him to be up there with the likes of Maradona at Italia 90.

IMG_8600.JPG

He is an icon and a classic representation of 'Us'.  

His flaws mirror his genius to an exact, specific degree.  Proper bi-polar.

A part of me will die the day Paul Gascoigne does.  Come on mate, you're loved like us all.

17 hours ago, MC RISK77 said:

Fair comment but slightly unfair as he never ever really played for a team who were one of the best and challenging for titles so didn't have two many big games to show his world class abilities on the biggest stage.

that cup run in the semi final he scored one of the best free kicks ever against their biggest rivals...he lasted 20 or so minutes in the final so who knows what would have happend 

italia 90 he was England's best player as he was in Euro 96 and England got to semis in both.

lazio were not the biggest side in Italy and he is idolised by their fans.

if he would have gone to Man Utd rather than Tottenham then he may have realised his true potential.

best player for England in last 30 years debatable, I would say gerrard but very close.

If you could watch one of them play in their prime(live)today,who would you choose???

6 hours ago, Lordofthebling said:

IMG_8600.JPG

Well said . 

1 hour ago, Robert the bruce said:

If you could watch one of them play in their prime(live)today,who would you choose???

Yep gazza of course but I prefer watching maverick unpredictable player...that doesn't necessarily mean he has been the best, and I'm not trying to be controversial at all because I love the guy, but I also really enjoyed watching gerrard for much different reasons and based on all round game gerrard for me pips it.

Archived