IGNORED

Tomlin Off Then?

Hazelboy

Just now, Super said:

2 goals?

Memories, not just goals .Fulham away what a day and what a way to win a game. Huddersfield at home I defy you to show me a better goal at Ashton Gate in my lifetime...so 2 goals yes. The man's a baller and good luck to him.

13 minutes ago, Neo said:

Great - back to boring, mundane, predictable football with a team of runners and little skill on offer.

Who needs entertainment when you can get results. To think we criticised Wigan and their predictable 1-0 wins !!

You are joking right. I've said many times on here how great it is to watch players like him but he was bloody useless last season . Drops too deep , slows the game down too much , wants a ball to himself . Fulham away and Huddersfield at home both on loan , both the 2015/16 season were the highlights of his time with us.  He did absolutely **** all last season. 

Just now, Vincent Vega said:

Memories, not just goals .Fulham away what a day and what a way to win a game. Huddersfield at home I defy you to show me a better goal at Ashton Gate in my lifetime...so 2 goals yes. The man's a baller and good luck to him.

I felt let down by him. Another same as JET who is wasting his talent.

Just now, Red Army 75 said:

Agree he did . But he wouldn't be the first player to have a bad day. When it counts. Our players do it all the time in the playoffs. :whistle:

Agree with that. We should imo be looking for far better than Watkins.

He just doesn't fit this team right now. Shame, as he can be quality. Hopefully any deal gets done quickly and allows us to move on early in the summer. A long, protracted transfer saga could be a disaster.

Strange that he's saying things like this without any concrete interest reported; really hope he's not forcing a move.

Just now, Vincent Vega said:

No , based on the fact that a inexperienced coach that bought him. Assembled a team that couldn't get the best out of him .

The same young coach that got the best out of him in their first 5-6 months together? 

2 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

No , based on the fact that a inexperienced coach that bought him. Assembled a team that couldn't get the best out of him .

Not the managers fault he couldnt be bothered.

One of the best players in the division when he's motivated and fit which is rare. His loan spell was a chance for him to get another big move after burning bridges. Even then only Bristol City came in real hard for him. Maybe Middlesbrough will give him another chance or another top team but he's running out of chances and I'll be happy to see the back of him. 

Whether LJ is a good man manager or not, no one player is bigger than the h as coach or manager. There has to be that respect no matter how young the coach is or how much you disagree with him. I rarely saw LT try this season and that the one thing I can't excuse. He sulked because him and the boss didn't get along and that's not how you treat the club and the fans. 

2 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

You slagged Johnson for not knowing his best team and when Johnson finds his best team and it doesn't include Tomlin, you slag him again.  

41 minutes ago, Super said:

Best for everyone.

Yep no Tammy or Tomlin next season. Im sure we are gonna light up the division with our creative play next year. I suppose we can give it to pack to lump it to the target man for flick on's to the prolific Taylor. I for one can't wait!!

I get why people don't like LJ. I don't agree but I get it. I don't get the love in for Tomlin who has done nothing for well over a year and cost us one of our biggest transfer fees and probably our highest earner. Could be the biggest waste of money in the history of the club and not just because he was bad but because he didn't try. Why his name was sung over and over again when he clearly didn't want to be on the pitch, I'll never know. Waste of talent. This after he worked very well with the same manager a few months before the permanent switch. 

Just now, JoeAman08 said:

I get why people don't like LJ. I don't agree but I get it. I don't get the love in for Tomlin who has done nothing for well over a year and cost us one of our biggest transfer fees and probably our highest earner. Could be the biggest waste of money in the history of the club and not just because he was bad but because he didn't try. Why his name was sung over and over again when he clearly didn't want to be on the pitch, I'll never know. Waste of talent. This after he worked very well with the same manager a few months before the permanent switch. 

There is a reason he has had loads of clubs.

1 minute ago, collier said:

Yep no Tammy or Tomlin next season. Im sure we are gonna light up the division with our creative play next year. I suppose we can give it to pack to lump it to the target man for flick on's to the prolific Taylor. I for one can't wait!!

Tomlin lit up our squad all season with his creativity then :facepalm: take out free kicks and penalties he scored 2 league goals. He hindered us for most of the season and you could argue LJ tried his hardest to fit a team around Tomlin but it was never good enough for LT so he never put in the effort. 

40 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

Bristol???

Annoys me when people pick up on this All The Freaking Time...

BRISTOL , so what? Everyone knows what's meant..

In fact one of our simplest and more powerful chants from yesteryear was simply ..

" B R I S T O L''  followed by three claps and '' B R I S T O L''  again and the claps .. repeated .. chanted by the East End and joined in with by the whole of The Gate ... intimidating for opponents and powerfully uplifting for us..

Nothing ambiguous about using the word BRISTOL in the context of Bristol City ... we all know what it means cos we are the One Team In Bristol .. 

( the Gas can have South Glos or Bath if they want it .... but we are BRISTOL ... BCFC :city: )

Lets stop being so 'preciously pedantic' about it eh?  ...& no one confuses us with egg chasers either!

Just now, collier said:

There is a reason we paid 3 million for him too is there not?

Yea based on his level of play during his loan spell under the same manager. Whatever went wrong behind the scenes I don't think it's too much to ask that Lee Tomlin show a bit more professionalism than he did. 

Archived