IGNORED

Tomlin Off Then?

Hazelboy

11 minutes ago, weepywall said:

Be interesting to see the fee we get for him although it will probably be undisclosed, think we could take quite a big hit if we did pay 3 million, he can't be worth anything like that now.

If, as it looks he is going this early then I would assume someone has actively pursued him. This would imply that we have got most if not all of our money back - IMO.

Well. Arguably our most marquee signing ever is now gone it would seem. 

Seems the end of the season hasn't ended the disappointment. I was really hoping that LT would outlast LJ so we could see what he was really capable of. You just know that he'll go somewhere and tear us a new one next season. 

Just now, Tuggin over Tomlin said:

Who am I going to tug over now...

the worst thing is I can't change my username for a long while yet! Does he think of nobody but himself!? 

Sounds like you think of no one but himself!

On a serious note, good riddance. Complete waste of a massive wage, we are a considerably better TEAM when he's nowhere near it. 

Just now, Fordy62 said:

Seems the end of the season hasn't ended the disappointment. I was really hoping that LT would outlast LJ so we could see what he was really capable of. You just know that he'll go somewhere and tear us a new one next season. 

It would seem that LT hasn't outlasted several managers!

18 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Sorry, but that's rubbish.  Both Trundle and Tomlin were given every chance to succeed, and both failed. Neither delivered at the end of the day.  Not the fault of the manager in either case.

We do though have a very poor record with people called "Lee".

21 minutes ago, weepywall said:

Be interesting to see the fee we get for him although it will probably be undisclosed, think we could take quite a big hit if we did pay 3 million, he can't be worth anything like that now.

Agreed.  We'll get 2/2.5 million if lucky. 

1 minute ago, Fordy62 said:

His next club will be his 4th since leaving Peterborough in 2014.

Ive loved watching Tomlin but I think it's going to need all the planets to align for him to see out a couple of consistently good seasons at one club.

Anyway, best of luck Lee. Thanks for some fantastic memories. 

26 minutes ago, weepywall said:

Are you kidding ? 3,5 million is peanuts these days for a gifted Championship experienced player .

15 minutes ago, Malago said:

So you think we should sell Joe Bryan to a league 1 side or £500 k.  Honestly FFS.

If that is the only option to get him away from our starting XI where he seems untouchable then gladly - part of the problem and not the solution.

How people can blame LJ for Tomlins own failures is beyond me. Fourth club in 3 years is it? Presumably it was also Eddie Howe's fault that he thought he was a lot better than he was at Bournemouth too? 

This league isn't the one for individuals who aren't interested in being part of a team. Certainly not unless you're in an absolutely fantastic team. He'd be incredible in League One like JET was. 

Half the problem this season was the fact that we tried anything to accommodate Tomlin at detriment to the team as a whole. LJ has learned from that mistake it would seem. 

4 minutes ago, cityloyal473 said:

Which must mean a bid has been tabled/accepted.  We definitely haven't put him on an transfer list. Wonder who it is?

I would imagine it's a team in this league who pays reasonably high wages and could pay a 7 figure fee. Doubt he'd want to take a pay cut really, Middlesborough maybe? I'm sure he'd happily join them again.

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I would imagine it's a team in this league who pays reasonably high wages and could pay a 7 figure fee. Doubt he'd want to take a pay cut really, Middlesborough maybe? I'm sure he'd happily join them again.

I'm still hoping there's something in the 'swap deal for Johnny Russell' talk. Would take that all day long. 

Personally im sad the lad is off. He brought us some great moments.

He has undoubted quality and if played in his correct postion and being fully fit he would be the best player in the club by miles.

He obvioulsy fell out with LJ whenit went public and was on TV.

Shame the club cannot keep hold of him for another season, but they work with the lad every day of a season and would have more reasons to allow him to go than any supporter would.

Good luck Lee, please dont it come back to bite us on the as when he is in anothers clubs colours.

1 minute ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I'm still hoping there's something in the 'swap deal for Johnny Russell' talk. Would take that all day long. 

Could see him at Derby.  Would really like Russell here.  Swap deals unusual these days.

I'm purely speculating here, but getting Russell and Diedhiou early in the window would be a good statement.

Part if me thinks we will lose money on selling Tomlin, but part of me think a top-end Champ club might see him as the missing piece in the jigsaw, and be prepared to pay £3-5m.

Just now, Davefevs said:

Could see him at Derby.  Would really like Russell here.  Swap deals unusual these days.

I'm purely speculating here, but getting Russell and Diedhiou early in the window would be a good statement.

Part if me thinks we will lose money on selling Tomlin, but part of me think a top-end Champ club might see him as the missing piece in the jigsaw, and be prepared to pay £3-5m.

He'd be an asset in the right team that are good enough to have 10 players carry him for the 80% of games that he's not at the races. But we're not that team. 

Russell is the opposite of Tomlin - limited technically but will work his bollocks off for the team ten games out of ten. I know which I'd rather have all day long. 

Archived