IGNORED

Tomlin Off Then?

Hazelboy

58 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

He was in the team consistently for months and never performed. You could argue LJ should've had the balls to drop him sooner and to stop trying to cater to him. LJ made his mistakes, he could've been sacked but none of that is reason for you not to try on the pitch and that is my biggest gripe with LT. He didn't try and didn't care about us or the club. Just himself and how he wasn't having his way. 

And a massive one in not ensuring Hudds away wasn't Tomlins last for our club. (IMO)

Still,  as all those posters screamed at the time - There was never a fall out with LJ and the interview was all legit !!!!!    

1 hour ago, JoeAman08 said:

Tomlin lit up our squad all season with his creativity then :facepalm: take out free kicks and penalties he scored 2 league goals. He hindered us for most of the season and you could argue LJ tried his hardest to fit a team around Tomlin but it was never good enough for LT so he never put in the effort. 

Agreed, I'd say we actually became a better, more balanced attacking side once he was out of the team. 

Tomlin . Stewart . Trundle 

Three very talented players that were never played consistently in the right system, we tried to change em rather than play to their strengths. Tomlin instrumental in keeping us up last year . This season literally rolled into Ashton Gate . Not sure if we will miss him 

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

And a massive one in not ensuring Hudds away wasn't Tomlins last for our club. (IMO)

Still,  as all those posters screamed at the time - There was never a fall out with LJ and the interview was all legit !!!!!    

I think it was pretty clear there were problems most of the year. Even the Villa game with the FK. Who was LT shouting at? Whatever happened LT should've been more professional. Maybe LJ as well but we will probably never know exactly went on. LJ alluded to mistakes he's made this season. Hopefully huge lessons learnt and LJ kicks on and I wish nothing but the best for LT but best if we part ways now, 

I really dislike all this manoeuvring players seem to do on twitter now.  Tomlin did it before he joined us (and I stated that it put me off him at the time) and Kodjia did it on his way out, smacks of unprofessionalism.

Toodlepip and thanks for the memories!

Just now, RumRed said:

I really dislike all this manoeuvring players seem to do on twitter now.  Tomlin did it before he joined us (and I stated that it put me off him at the time) and Kodjia did it on his way out, smacks of unprofessionalism.

Toodlepip and thanks for the memories!

Yep. Huge ego and a wage to match, toodle-oo. 

5 minutes ago, shelts said:

Tomlin . Stewart . Trundle 

Three very talented players that were never played consistently in the right system, we tried to change em rather than play to their strengths. Tomlin instrumental in keeping us up last year . This season literally rolled into Ashton Gate . Not sure if we will miss him 

stewart was absolutely shite ...did nothing for city

9 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

I think it was pretty clear there were problems most of the year. Even the Villa game with the FK. Who was LT shouting at? Whatever happened LT should've been more professional. Maybe LJ as well but we will probably never know exactly went on. LJ alluded to mistakes he's made this season. Hopefully huge lessons learnt and LJ kicks on and I wish nothing but the best for LT but best if we part ways now, 

Totally agree - except not sure I can wish 'nothing but the best' for Tomlin personally

You just don't cross certain lines , and he did ('allegedly')

Totally unprofessional and as I've said a few times - a major piece in the story this season (IMHO)

Seen enough this season to conclude that LJ wants quick passing pacy players and forwards who can disrupt defences. Unfortunately LT as we seen isn't a team player as can't defend and as many have stated slows our offensive play. Not sure who would take him but I think the money could be better used on players that fit our style of play that has developed over the last 6 months. LT has been a passenger and a costly one at that

6 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Burton home (?) when he took the ball off Tammy who wanted to take the pen and promptly missed it. I don`t think that went down too well with the rest of the team recalling the body language at the time.

1 hour ago, Vincent Vega said:

No , based on the fact that a inexperienced coach that bought him. Assembled a team that couldn't get the best out of him .

Which proves that, although LT is unarguably talented, he is not necessarily a good player, because he is unable to adapt to the team around him. All the good players can do that, rather than expect the team to adapt to them.

Real shame he's going as at his best he was a joy to watch. We rarely saw the best of him this season though, so given that he's on huge wages and that LJ isn't going to keep trying to build the side around him it's probably best that he moves on. 

1 hour ago, harrys said:

We'll only start to appreciate him when Pack makes an umpteenth attempt at a long diagonal ball that sails miles over our wide mans head

To be fair to Pack, I've had his name down before Tomlin for a few months now. Think he's improved a lot. 

1 hour ago, JoeAman08 said:

The same young coach that got the best out of him in their first 5-6 months together? 

Yes but you must never assign any responsibility to players. It's not as if they're grown men capable of taking responsibility for their fitness and performance. It's always the manager's fault don't you know.

Pretty pleased to see that Lee Tomlin is off. He'll probably be good for a year whilst he feels something to prove and then revert to 'a more expensive Neil Kilkenny' afterwards. Not even sure I would acknowledge him on his return. Great for 6 months, divisive and negative for 12.  

18 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Most confusing of all is that he's currently on holiday, so he must've been waiting to post this for a while. Picture must've been taken ages ago. 

The photo is prior to the Birmingham game - recognise the programme cover in the locker on the right. Probably just a standard photo he takes to put on "the 'gram" before each game.

It's a shame it never worked out here for him, not many players can do some of the stuff he does but that is part of his downfall too, he always tries to do something special and 9/10 times it doesn't come off. His lack of work rate is his biggest problem.

What i don't like is plastering this on social media while contracted to us, something that he has done before and is very unprofessional. I can't see how posting that would work out a good thing for himself or our club, other clubs will be aware of this and wonder if he has the right attitude and surely this will affect the price we can sell him at? Clubs will know that he is available therefore the price won't be as high as it would be if he was happy to stay here.

I wish LT all the best but also wish he has one of his many off days when he plays us.

Love him. Properly exciting footballer. Just too erratic. I genuinely wish him all the best and hope we never have to come up against him when he's playing in a system that suits him. 

Archived