IGNORED

Tomlin Off Then?

Hazelboy

Just now, Kid in the Riot said:

He's liked a load of the replies though that refer to him leaving. I'm sure part of it is just him being a dick on twitter. But he is clearly going IMO and will be gone by the end of the summer assuming a club meets our valuation of him.

It must be a done deal already - he surely wouldn`t tweet what he has if it wasn`t - would he?

I can see him getting some major stick if he is just on the wind up.

It's not impossible at all that it might be a wind up. He's always been a bit of a berk on social media and this could well be the next instalment. It's all very tedious, he obviously just loves the the attention. 

I think this could backfire on him, he basically said he's off or made it read like this. I expect he thought people would be saying 'please don't go' but instead he's mostly getting 'bye then', at least on here.

Lots of players have responded, weird if they know he's staying. Surely he won't be here next season?

Tomlin one of our best, or the best player. Like him and think hes got more football in his body and brain then the rest of the team. Sorry for him and City it did not work out. Great footballer but dont know how we can get the best out of him. Probably best what happens. Feel sorry anyway, he is hell of a player. Our long bad run was not good for him. He is one moment before the other players. Think he will do ok in a team that is top of the table. We where running and fighting to avoid relegation. Dont think thats Tomlins coup of tea. Good luck to him.

4 hours ago, Neo said:

Great - back to boring, mundane, predictable football with a team of runners and little skill on offer.

Who needs entertainment when you can get results. To think we criticised Wigan and their predictable 1-0 wins !!

Yep, the available evidence suggests our Coach gets the best results playing old fashioned 4-4-2 with a team of instantly forgettable triers. If that's what it takes, that's what it takes. Hey-ho.

If Tomlin is off its not his decision unless he put in a transfer request. Has He? Anyone?

Has he been told he is surplus to requirements or has an acceptable offer been made for him? Who knows? Anyone?

All we have is a picture and a quote. 

Just now, REDOXO said:

If Tomlin is off its not his decision unless he put in a transfer request. Has He? Anyone?

Has he been told he is surplus to requirements or has an acceptable offer been made for him? Who knows? Anyone?

All we have is a picture and a quote. 

He's definitely playing up again, doesn't actually say he's going and nothing on the  OS 

36 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Yep, the available evidence suggests our Coach gets the best results playing old fashioned 4-4-2 with a team of instantly forgettable triers. If that's what it takes, that's what it takes. Hey-ho.

It didn't look to me like any of Paterson, Taylor or Brownhill played as orthodox wingers. If anything the first two played more like old fashioned inside forwards behind Tammy. I wouldn't call it 4-4-2 in any event.

4 hours ago, Vincent Vega said:

No , based on the fact that a inexperienced coach that bought him. Assembled a team that couldn't get the best out of him .

No he was a let down end of, nothing to do with the coach, it's no coincidence our best run came when he wasn't even in the squad

tomlin only ever played for Tomlin and never the team

cant wait til he goes

6 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

No he was a let down end of, nothing to do with the coach, it's no coincidence our best run came when he wasn't even in the squad

tomlin only ever played for Tomlin and never the team

cant wait til he goes

Funnily enough someone said that very thing to me back in March- reckoned he missed the penalty v Burton deliberately. I scoffed at the time but reading some stuff online about him in general makes me wonder...

12 minutes ago, chinapig said:

It didn't look to me like any of Paterson, Taylor or Brownhill played as orthodox wingers. If anything the first two played more like old fashioned inside forwards behind Tammy. I wouldn't call it 4-4-2 in any event.

4 defenders. 4 midfielders. 2 strikers.

Two banks of four + 2 strikers, one a goalscorer with a physical presence, the other a little un with decent movement, ie. basically copying Brighton.

If it worked for them...

11 minutes ago, Rossi the Robin said:

He's definitely playing up again, doesn't actually say he's going and nothing on the  OS 

Well how many people do you think are about at the moment, and on a Bank Holiday?!!!

Good luck to him!! BCFC was here before LT and it will be here after he goes, whenever that is. I like the player, he's certainly not short of skill and when it gels he's a match winner at Championship level, but he does, frustratingly, lack consistency. I suspect his short tenures at other clubs are an indication that he either outstays his welcome, or he simply wants a fresh challenge (admittedly that's an expansive range!) regularly. Given what he cost, in terms of his fee and wages and the season we just had, and his impact during that season, it's not unreasonable to think we were short-changed. I'd be happy if he stayed and we saw more of his positive attributes next season, but if not, much like LT, I'll quickly move on.............

11 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Means nothing RTR

Think Pembo , Taylor etc

Id suggest @Kid in the Riot Is a quicker and more reliable source re departures !!!

I agree with the OS lack of info, only recently has this been slack behind other sources 

Whatever way you look at it, he's playing up to someone 

I wouldn't have thought the club would be happy even if they know he's off or not 

23 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Agreed. Paterson can play the Tomlin role, I believe Taylor can play behind a striker and Brownhill- well he's versatile isn't he. It didn't seem a pure old fashioned, straight 4-4-2 to me.

The club fought hard to sign Tomlin this time last year.

In one year a player considered outstanding at this level doesn't become useless a year later unless one of two factors come into play; one, serious injury, two poor management.  Clearly the first factor does not apply in this case therefore ........

Furthermore we will be lucky to recover more than a fraction of the fee paid 12 months ago.

Well messed up, City.........

6 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

4 defenders. 4 midfielders. 2 strikers.

Two banks of four + 2 strikers, one a goalscorer with a physical presence, the other a little un with decent movement, ie. basically copying Brighton.

If it worked for them...

I still don't see that the formation was anything like as rigid as that and still think Paterson and Taylor played just behind Tammy. Presumably in your view Paterson would be the fourth midfielder, playing on the left of the four yet he seemed to me to be more central than that.

The best comparison I can come up with is Pedro and Hazard playing just behind Costa rather than on the wings. Though they are of a marginally higher standard. :whistle:

Just now, Ivorguy said:

The club fought hard to sign Tomlin this time last year.

In one year a player considered outstanding at this level doesn't become useless a year later unless one of two factors come into play; one, serious injury, two poor management.  Clearly the first factor does not apply in this case therefore ........

Furthermore we will be lucky to recover more than a fraction of the fee paid 12 months ago.

Well messed up, City.........

So there can't be a fourth option that it was down to the player - lack of fitness, Tony Dinning syndrome and so on?

Archived